Unread 20-05-2013, 02:57 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Silly @#%&! has signed a new deal according to London Standard

Unread 20-05-2013, 02:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Another year there won't do him any harm. Signing a new deal might harm his chances of getting out of there next summer though..

Unread 20-05-2013, 02:59 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Not the worst news in the world.
We were never going to afford him & I'd rather he stayed at Spurs than end up at £#%&!ing City or Chelsea..or some other Oil funded joke.

Unread 20-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Harri Jaffa

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...m-8623959.html

Unread 20-05-2013, 03:04 PM
rafabio

Good news tbh. We would never be able to afford him and would hate him at the likes chelsea, city or some other oil ridden club.

Unread 20-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Aman27deep

His price can even go up further. He's 23 right now and let's say £40m. At 25 if he continues to develop I see no reason why his price won't be upwards of £50m.

Unread 20-05-2013, 03:31 PM
hopkins

the golden handshake

Unread 20-05-2013, 03:48 PM
bobbledinho

Fair £#%&!s to Spurs. Statement of intent on their part, saves a summer of bullshit rumours to get it sorted early days.

Unread 20-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
His price can even go up further. He's 23 right now and let's say £40m. At 25 if he continues to develop I see no reason why his price won't be upwards of £50m.
It could fall as well... he seems like he will improve, but Spurs are taking a gamble look at Torres and Carroll appreciate its slightly different circumstances.

Why can we not afford him out of interest? Agreed we can be outbid for him if he didnt want us, but if he wanted us we could pay his wages and 40 million.

Unread 20-05-2013, 04:03 PM
forwardirektion

Him staying there and them getting a striker as well will mean the liverpool are so far adrift of the top 5 it's untrue

Unread 20-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Him staying there and them getting a striker as well will mean the liverpool are so far adrift of the top 5 it's untrue
Good point

I feel he will be sold, the new contract just gets all of them more money

Unread 20-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Sparky***

Oh no. I was so looking forward to a summer of utter bullshit about how we were going to sign him.

Good job as well. There's far more pressing positions in our squad need tending to.

Unread 20-05-2013, 04:18 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Oh no. I was so looking forward to a summer of utter bullshit about how we were going to sign him.

Good job as well. There's far more pressing positions in our squad need tending to.
There is only one more pressing position and thats a partner for Carrick, after that we desperately need a left sided player.

Unread 20-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
There is only one more pressing position and thats a partner for Carrick, after that we desperately need a left sided player.
Right back cover
2 central midfielders
A decent winger
Goalkeeping cover

I'd say that's enough to be getting on with

Unread 20-05-2013, 04:21 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Agreed.
We should have gone £#%&!ing nuclear to try & get Bale. Trouble is, he'd cost at least £50mill & we've hardly ever gone above £30mill in our history so it was simply never going to happen.

It's been a fantastic achievement to regain the Title & it's been a very emotional end to the season with the big man stepping down - but our midfield is still shite. It needs sorting out this summer.

Unread 20-05-2013, 04:24 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Right back cover
2 central midfielders
A decent winger
Goalkeeping cover

I'd say that's enough to be getting on with
Centre Mid and a Left sided player is all we need.

Right back cover? Rafael, Fabio, Valencia, Jones, Smalling

Unread 20-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Centre Mid and a Left sided player is all we need.

Right back cover? Rafael, Fabio, Valencia, Jones, Smalling
Fabio maybe.

The rest are all utterly horrific at right back. If rafael got injured for 2 months we'd be £#%&!ed.

Unread 20-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Evans can play right back

Unread 20-05-2013, 04:31 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
It could fall as well... he seems like he will improve, but Spurs are taking a gamble look at Torres and Carroll appreciate its slightly different circumstances.

Why can we not afford him out of interest? Agreed we can be outbid for him if he didnt want us, but if he wanted us we could pay his wages and 40 million.
40 million? You are having a laugh. Levy wouldn't let him go for anything less than 50m. He has already proven with modric that he is fine to force an unhappy player as long as he shifts to the club he wants or gets crazy money.

I don't think we will spend more than 50m for a single player. The risk with bale is even greater since he is so much dependent on pace.

Unread 20-05-2013, 04:33 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Fabio maybe.

The rest are all utterly horrific at right back. If rafael got injured for 2 months we'd be £#%&!ed.
They aren't horrific at all. Jones does a pretty decent job and is more than capable to hold his own against most sides in the league bar a couple. Smalling is good defensively, offensively he is just a bit shit.

I don't think we need any defensive signing at all.

A winger is a pressing need, far more than central midfield. Isco seems to be available for 20m (release clause) and not a single story linking him to us
Closed Thread