United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 25-04-2024, 03:15 PM
no fun

Default How do you travel to Old Trafford?

And do you always use the same method of transport and travel the same route?

I ask this because last night I didn’t go on my usual route via the Altrincham metrolink line

I travelled in via central Manchester, getting off the Met at Exchange Quay, and I must say that the class of person I was travelling with were extremely uncouth, and the walk to the ground was sullied by the whiff of jazz cigarettes and obscene chanting

Won’t be doing that again in a hurry

Unread 25-04-2024, 03:26 PM
RedNick80

How was your dinner, go anywhere nice?

Unread 25-04-2024, 03:27 PM
redhegemony

No rozzers about to feel their collars?

Unread 25-04-2024, 03:36 PM
est.1878

Exchange keys

Unread 25-04-2024, 03:38 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
Tea in Chinatown. Lovely thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
No rozzers about to feel their collars?
No, too busy harassing Jewish pedestrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Exchange keys
Wife swapper eh?

Unread 25-04-2024, 03:58 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post

I ask this because last night I didn’t go on my usual route via the Altrincham metrolink line

I travelled in via central Manchester, getting off the Met at Exchange Quay, and I must say that the class of person I was travelling with were extremely uncouth, and the walk to the ground was sullied by the whiff of jazz cigarettes and obscene chanting

Unread 25-04-2024, 04:13 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
such a grandad thread

Unread 25-04-2024, 04:27 PM
Medlock

I walk (25 mins)

Unread 25-04-2024, 05:03 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post

Tram. But I pay for a full journey ticket ....

Unread 25-04-2024, 05:08 PM
Sapien

I don't.

Unread 25-04-2024, 05:10 PM
redhegemony

Wembley is a lot closer

Unread 25-04-2024, 07:46 PM
Surfers do Charlie

I drive.

I park outside one of those office buildings about a mile south of the ground so I'm queuing up to leave with 1,000 other cars

Unread 25-04-2024, 08:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Get dropped off at 602 roundabout
Or
Dropped off tollgate traffic lights
Or
Park at match stick man pub, free, quieter pint
Or
Met from town.

Parked in the Tesco car park once on a champions league night, drove from work and had work next day in north Yorkshire.... Boxed in by a car that went for full pint and meal afterwards, was honestly thinking about putting his windows through.... Never again in the £5 car parks...

Unread 25-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Whip Hubley

If I'm driving, always park at or near Morgans and I'm home in half an hour after.

Last night my neighbour who's a steward let me use his car parking space right next to OT which was nice of him. Took me an hour and a half to get home never again

Unread 25-04-2024, 09:05 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
If I'm driving, always park at or near Morgans and I'm home in half an hour after.

Last night my neighbour who's a steward let me use his car parking space right next to OT which was nice of him. Took me an hour and a half to get home never again
I have a mate lives in gorse hill who used to lend me his parking permit. Was quite handy parking there but getting home was a nightmare…..stationary traffic on Chester rd which has become even worse now the daft bastards at Trafford council have coned off the never to be completed cycle lanes

Met gets me home in less than half an hour

Unread 25-04-2024, 09:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Nearly got arrested after Liverpool home....

When did we start closing entire roads for the away fan coaches???
Couldn't get to my lift for love nor money....

If I wasn't with my lad, 100% nicked..

"It's because you lot brick the coaches"

Is it yeah ? Go £#%&!ing find some real criminals you @#%&!s.....

(Realised I'm still angry about this)

Unread 26-04-2024, 01:33 AM
Denis Irwell

Avoid car parks like the plague. Mate had a pass for the town hall car park Talbot/Warwick Rd but took all night getting out. Get there a bit earlier and parked down Ordsall Lane/Oldfield Rd. Bit of a walk but after 2 hours sitting…

Unread 26-04-2024, 07:59 AM
est.1878

Best - cycle and leave chained up at cricket ground

Favourite - grab one of hundreds black cabs returning into town from old knott bar side 10 mins before ko

Worst - when go with a mate and has utd car park pass. Either forced to leave early or get stuck in it for ages getting out. Don't know why people pay for such a ball ache

Unread 26-04-2024, 08:30 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell View Post
Avoid car parks like the plague. Mate had a pass for the town hall car park Talbot/Warwick Rd but took all night getting out. Get there a bit earlier and parked down Ordsall Lane/Oldfield Rd. Bit of a walk but after 2 hours sitting…
Never had a problem in the TBC office car park, get out easy no problems. Talbot & Chester Rd different issue mind with all the cones - its always v slow. We only go to about 3-4 games a year so I'm not going to complain.

Same pre-match ritual with RN Jnr, Maccy D's Stretford about 7pm for scran. Be great when he's old enough for beers or can drive me.

Unread 26-04-2024, 08:34 AM
Mou Mou Land

The delights of being retired now mean I drive up, stay in a nearby hotel and then return the next morning after a superb full English breakfast.