United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:06 PM
sweetleftfoot

A signing to be judged 3 years in. Like Pogba.

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:07 PM
believe

I’d be inclined to start the same team against Sheffield United and give him another opportunity to gather some game time and confidence. If we play anything like we did in the first half today well comfortably beat them.

Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Oof

Stickman

Lightbulb

Quote:

United career completely rewritten.

Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer
If he starts we'll lose.

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:19 PM
Vida_15

thought he was quite good in the match today

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:23 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
thought he was quite good in the match today
Since Bruno, a player cannot hide in a game now by trying not to make mistakes. They need to actually be effective, that means taking risks and be willing for it not to come off. Not being scared

If that was the case lingard would still be getting minutes.

No knock on him, clearly a good player. Maybe not the ideal game for him, but an opportunity he didnt take imo.

Will have to do alot more if he wants to get in the side more consistently

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:23 PM
Hyman_Roth

Early days. When he’s put in as many shite performances as Pogba then it’s time to be worried.

Again, think he’s just having to adapt to a different game over here which arguably isn’t as quick thinking. It’s really difficult to slow yourself down.

Have no real worries about him at all - my only concern is how we manage him because it’s not been great so far.

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:26 PM
Tronics

I just don’t understand why he’s not the first option off the bench for Bruno or Pogba that would really help him bed into the team a bit more

I still think he’s a mile better football player than McTom but Ole seems to really like him in midfield so he’s never getting that spot

But he’s much better than his chances illustrate imo

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:33 PM
rubbernecker

Finest display of jogging in a UTD shirt I've seen for some time

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:33 PM
Dasilvatwins

Felt he played within himself, I suppose that’s to be expected when you just haven’t had the mins and lack mark sharpness.

I suppose we will see what he’s made of in the europa games , maybe once that begins and he has minutes under him we can see if he has anything about him.

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:43 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Since Bruno, a player cannot hide in a game now by trying not to make mistakes. They need to actually be effective, that means taking risks and be willing for it not to come off. Not being scared

If that was the case lingard would still be getting minutes.

No knock on him, clearly a good player. Maybe not the ideal game for him, but an opportunity he didnt take imo.

Will have to do alot more if he wants to get in the side more consistently
he's not goign to be a Bruno for us...but he's very good on the ball and doesn't take the same amount of risks that Bruno does. He just keeps the game simple which is how ajax play

lets face it....would you rather have Donny replacing Bruno to give him a rest or Lingard or Andres?

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:44 PM
Palmer

It summed him up when 1vs1 with their full back on a dangerous counter attack he stopped and played it safely back to the midfield.

Just a nothing player. Nothing at all.

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:45 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
he's not goign to be a Bruno for us...but he's very good on the ball and doesn't take the same amount of risks that Bruno does. He just keeps the game simple which is how ajax play

lets face it....would you rather have Donny replacing Bruno to give him a rest or Lingard or Andres?
I'd have Pogba there before him at the moment.

Tidy player, hasn't really had any output yet. Not saying he's got to be Bruno, but he needs to do something. Looks like he's hiding and playing safe at the moment. We've had too many players doing that for the last 7 years

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:45 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
It summed him up when 1vs1 with their full back on a dangerous counter attack he stopped and played it safely back to the midfield.

lol...what exactly did you expect him to do?? he's not a guy that's going to take on a full back and try to beat him for pace

ffs...get a clue

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:46 PM
Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vida_15
lol...what exactly did you expect him to do?? He's not a guy that's going to take on a full back and try to beat him for pace

ffs...get a clue
ok

Unread 24-01-2021, 08:47 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:

He's not setting the world on fire admittedly but some players take longer to adapt than others

I'd hold off on the pitchforks for now

Unread 24-01-2021, 09:05 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Woahhhh.

Hard one to take for Marls and Tronics.

Unread 25-01-2021, 12:38 AM
armchair

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:18 AM
Neo

Football

I really want to love him, as he seems like a great lad, but he currently looks like a schoolboy who's won a competition to get a runout with the first XI.

Nowhere near the level yet physically for the Premier League, and seems a bit overawed with the pace and power of English football.

I'm very confident it will all come together though, and Ole is brilliant at developing players. Next season de Beek truly arrives.