United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-09-2021, 05:41 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Considering he hasn’t played this year, are the rumours that he’s alive?
Back on the bench last night

Unread 28-09-2021, 05:43 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Back on the bench last night
Good shout chief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Can I have Kante?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I dunno mate, he’s small but looks like he could handle himself.

Alan St Maxwell at Newcastle is a tidy butty.

Unread 28-09-2021, 06:39 PM
Dr Stranger

8 central midfielders.

Unread 29-09-2021, 12:20 PM
92ToBury

Tielemans, Kante, Son, TAA, Van Dijk.

Unread 29-09-2021, 12:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
8 central midfielders.
To play all at once?*

*jem likes this.

Unread 29-09-2021, 12:40 PM
jem

Quote:
To play all at once?*

*jem likes this.
1-8-1.... it's the future.

if we'd had 8 bryan robsons, we'd have played them all.

mcgrath

robson - robson - robson - robson - robson - robson - robson - robson

hughes

treble in the bag. :0)

Unread 29-09-2021, 12:58 PM
dunk

Apparently Poch debuted the innovative and highly praised 1-7-3 formation last night. Maybe that’s the way forward.

Unread 29-09-2021, 03:20 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Apparently Poch debuted the innovative and highly praised 1-7-3 formation last night. Maybe that’s the way forward.
[Cough] Herrera..

Unread 29-09-2021, 07:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
[Cough] Herrera..
Shite, hence City had the ball all night.

Unread 29-09-2021, 07:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Shite, hence City had the ball all night.
There’s a couple of PSG players who look really out of place in that side. Herrera is one of them.

Unread 29-09-2021, 07:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
There’s a couple of PSG players who look really out of place in that side. Herrera is one of them.
PSG were awful on the night, but City’s attacking was so predictable they were able to drop off and fill the gaps. That early goal helped them immensely. Herrera did little more than form part of the back 7 and get in the way a bit. Gueye was far superior, and he’s shite.

Unread 29-09-2021, 07:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
PSG were awful on the night, but City’s attacking was so predictable they were able to drop off and fill the gaps. That early goal helped them immensely. Herrera did little more than form part of the back 7 and get in the way a bit. Gueye was far superior, and he’s shite.
I think awful is a little harsh. They’re not perfect, but I think they set up in the best way they could to win. And it worked. They’re a bit like us in the sense that they have some decent defenders and a tremendous set of forwards…. But they have verratti (who may well be my pick if we could have any midfielder in the world) and Gueye who can actually do the dirty work and find their forwards effectively.

I quite like Gueye

Unread 29-09-2021, 07:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
I think awful is a little harsh. They’re not perfect, but I think they set up in the best way they could to win. And it worked. They’re a bit like us in the sense that they have some decent defenders and a tremendous set of forwards…. But they have verratti (who may well be my pick if we could have any midfielder in the world) and Gueye who can actually do the dirty work and find their forwards effectively.

I quite like Gueye
He was the pick of their midfield tbf.

Unread 29-09-2021, 07:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I think awful is a little harsh.
Yeah, they beat city 2-0 and it was hardly a swindle

Unread 29-09-2021, 07:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah, they beat city 2-0 and it was hardly a swindle
They scored early and then nicked one on the break late on, in between they struggled to get out of their half or get the ball. With their squad, that’s awful.

Unread 29-09-2021, 09:11 PM
RedNick80

How many players do you want us to buy? Doesn’t matter who, they come into this setup and we will have the same problem. Fred isn’t the best but he starts for Brazil FFS.

We are not a team. Not sure what the answer is but I don’t think it’s more or ‘better’ players - I’m pretty sure the answer lies in the coaching/system etc.

Unread 29-09-2021, 10:21 PM
History

Not sure if he'd make the 11 but I wouldn't of been opposed to a swap deal involving Jlingz and Bowen from West Ham

Also as already said, A lot of midfielders to choose from

Unread 29-09-2021, 10:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
They scored early and then nicked one on the break late on, in between they struggled to get out of their half or get the ball. With their squad, that’s awful.
Devil's advocate somewhat here, but to a degree they were giving city lots of mostly useless posession?

Unread 29-09-2021, 10:24 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Not sure if he'd make the 11 but I wouldn't of been opposed to a swap deal involving Jlingz and Bowen from West Ham

Also as already said, A lot of midfielders to choose from
Very underrated player imo

Would be a very useful squad player

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=551

Unread 29-09-2021, 10:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Devil's advocate somewhat here, but to a degree they were giving city lots of mostly useless posession?
No, they just couldn’t keep the ball.
Closed Thread