United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2013, 12:41 AM
armchair

Default fergie talking about a treble assault

obviously it's not up there with jt standing around or chris houghton's half grey hair but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

“It’s a busy period for us, but this is exactly the situation we want this club to be in. We want to be involved in everything. We’ve got all three trophies to go for – and we’ve got the squad to do it. It’s absolutely *brilliant for everyone connected with Manchester United. We have got the excitement of going to Real Madrid in the Champions League and them coming here. We’ve got Fulham in the FA Cup as well after winning our *replay against West Ham. And if you go back to the year we won the Treble, we had a Cup replay against Chelsea and *another one against Arsenal. The squad is looking very strong at the moment with players coming back in. Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic were absolutely brilliant against Liverpool last week and against West Ham we had Phil Jones and Chris Smalling. If they all stay fit then we’re in a strong position. It’s good news because we are over a lot of *injuries now and if they get a bit of football and training behind them, it will make a big *difference.”
It isn’t easy to pick a team because we have such a big squad when everyone is healthy. The other thing is that the form of the players is good at the moment. Tom Cleverley is playing well and Danny Welbeck was *terrific against Liverpool. But they’re the kind of headaches you want. You want to be able to say to someone ‘I’m leaving you out not because you didn’t play well but because I want to pick a different team’. If you’re in Europe and you also have the league and FA Cup to contend with then you can’t pick the same players all the time.

The stats with regard to players’ running performances have soared over the last 10 years.

It makes you think more about picking your team. The players accept it now. I’m not saying they enjoy being left out but they handle it much better than they used to.

It’s a period of the season that could be crucial to us if we can keep our momentum going. We’ve got Spurs and also Everton and Southampton at home in the next few weeks.

These are big opportunities for us – and we don’t want to miss them."

re Bale:

We tried to buy Bale from Southampton, but they turned us down. It was not the boy who turned us down, it was Southampton, and a few weeks later he signed for Tottenham.

These things happen. You don’t get them all."

[SIZE="1"]Also I'm closing the forum.

Unread 20-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Unread 20-01-2013, 12:48 AM
The Mull

What forum is Froggie closing?

Unread 20-01-2013, 12:49 AM
bobbledinho

Unread 20-01-2013, 12:51 AM
dunk

Guaranteed back to back defeats now...

Closing what forum?

Unread 20-01-2013, 01:16 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Also I'm closing the forum.
WTF is this shit all about?

Unread 20-01-2013, 01:17 AM
Blagger

Closing the forum?

Unread 20-01-2013, 01:32 AM
bobcraven

Unread 20-01-2013, 01:36 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Christ, another one talking about the Treble.

Don't they know I got £ on it.

Unread 20-01-2013, 01:39 AM
Fat Al

Quote:

Unread 20-01-2013, 01:42 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
WTF is this shit all about?
i think it means he's closing the forum, mate. £#%&!ed if i'm going back to red issue.

i wonder if it's the technological/time consuming hassle of the day to day running or cos it's a financial drain.

the forum must be worth a few quid. someone might want to purchase it and keep it as a going concern

Quote:
Daily Visits: 10,435
Daily Pageviews: 48,001
Daily Revenue: $ 72

Monthly Visits: 313,052
Monthly Pageviews: 1,440,040
Monthly Revenue: $ 2,160

Yearly Visits: 3,756,626
Yearly Pageviews: 17,280,478
Annual Earnings: $ 25,920

Estimated website net worth: $ 49,298
http://www.worthofweb.com/website-va....utdforum.com/

Unread 20-01-2013, 01:44 AM
Sparky***

wtf.

:shakehead:

Unread 20-01-2013, 01:47 AM
Ben

if you close the forum. il kick off. let this be a warning to you armo.

Unread 20-01-2013, 01:48 AM
Sparky***

we need to source prospective new forum masters.

who would be willing to take on such a mantle...?

Unread 20-01-2013, 01:52 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs down

Well, if this place goes, I'm not starting again somewhere else. £#%&! that. ffs, most other United forums would probably see half the members break down in tears the moment you called Fergie a @#%&! or wished Gill a slow painful death

Been a good run on RI/FT tbf

Unread 20-01-2013, 01:53 AM
jem

fergie mad armchair mad

Unread 20-01-2013, 01:53 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
we need to source prospective new forum masters.

who would be willing to take on such a mantle...?
Throb

Sniffer

RiC

God help us all

Unread 20-01-2013, 01:57 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Well, if this place goes, I'm not starting again somewhere else. £#%&! that. ffs, most other United forums would probably see half the members break down in tears the moment you called Fergie a @#%&! or wished Gill a slow painful death

Been a good run on RI/FT tbf
This, I don't want to end up like no-fun, having to swap glasses to post etc. It's (retirement) been playing on my mind tbh..

I'll go out with the brightest if it ever were to go

Bit like my wizz taking with the Hac

Unread 20-01-2013, 02:01 AM
thrush

Does he mean closing it to the "public"? I flicked on private browsing on my ipad as I wanted to watch Miss Deuxma les off some young slag, only to have to fully log in to access Fred. Don't have to do that normally...

Unread 20-01-2013, 02:06 AM
Tombolatastic

Thumbs down

Oh ffs, only been a member an hour.
Closed Thread