United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Neon Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I do... and I'll BTTT this thread when they do... (if I've not topped myself)
He's a ticking time bomb and when your opposition is Manchester United and Chelsea then I eventually see it all going ugly within a year or two.

He's bought players for around £200m and had 5 years yet still no 2nd place let alone a league title.

Unread 19-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Tiger
He's a ticking time bomb and when your opposition is Manchester United and Chelsea then I eventually see it all going ugly within a year or two.

He's bought players for around £200m and had 5 years yet still no 2nd place let alone a league title.
Yes in 5 years he's not got remotely close to winning the title - yet now on the back of winning 2 games the whole of Scouseland celebrates the signing up of this managerial genius.

Unread 19-03-2009, 12:14 PM
borsuk

you do all realise that if they'd sacked him they'd probably have ended up with mourinho or martin o'neill

long live rafa

Unread 19-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

o'neill would've been hilarious as the vermin manager

Unread 19-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Pop

Is all the pisstaking warranted if he manages to win another two or three Champions League titles?

Equaling and hopefully overtaking their precious 18 will be an achievement to savor but how does 'Liverpool, 8 times winners of the European Cup' sound to you?

Unread 19-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Is all the pisstaking warranted if he manages to win another two or three Champions League titles?

Equaling and hopefully overtaking their precious 18 will be an achievement to savor but how does 'Liverpool, 8 times winners of the European Cup' sound to you?
a bit like something that hasn't happened

Unread 19-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
a bit like something that hasn't happened
Nailed on that they'll definitely win it again under the @#%&!.

Unread 19-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Nailed on that they'll definitely win it again under the @#%&!.
well I don't know about that

they got knocked out by Chelsea last season and deservedly so

they only beat them on penalties the season before and lost the final

this is the first season since Benitez took over that they've been anywhwere near chasing the league by the business end of the CL

assuming they do improve further then their resources will be tested in line with the top clubs, so let's wait and see how he might cope with that eh

Unread 19-03-2009, 12:33 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
you do all realise that if they'd sacked him they'd probably have ended up with mourinho or martin o'neill

long live rafa
That's something I can't champion after Saturday.

Unread 19-03-2009, 12:37 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
That's something I can't champion after Saturday.
shit happens

Unread 19-03-2009, 12:45 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
shit happens
Yeah I know. But I stand by what I've said - they'll be worsse off without him. That's not saying he's a brilliant manager - I think he's a long way away from being called that - but he's now been there 4/5 years and he's got stability around him. They'll push us next season and we'll have to be at our best.

Unread 19-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Yeah I know. But I stand by what I've said - they'll be worsse off without him. That's not saying he's a brilliant manager - I think he's a long way away from being called that - but he's now been there 4/5 years and he's got stability around him. They'll push us next season and we'll have to be at our best.
tbf that's what people said at the start of this season

Robbie Keane was the missing link blah blah blah (not aimed oat you borsyk )

and the panic on this board when the vermin were top of the league was £#%&!ing hilarious - we have to win every game and all the rest of that %@#$&!s

United have been tactically superb this season, but we've never really been at our best for two games on the trot and we're still pissing the league at this stage

Unread 19-03-2009, 01:19 PM
borsuk

Quote:
would they be worse off? depends who replaced him, surely. and mourinho wants to come back to england, isn't going to be back at chelsea and would want a big club. how would you feel seeing mourinho at anfailed? i'd be £#%&!ing worried, i'll tell you that.

i think they'll struggle next season unless they manage to find a sugar daddy to throw silly money at the team. united have seven or eight young lads in and around the first team who will improve next year. liverpool have nobody who is likely to get better with the exception of lucas () and, possibly, babel. and they've got plenty of financial problems as well. from the way things look atm i see arsenal as united's main challengers next year.

Unread 19-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
tbf that's what people said at the start of this season
And the one before that, and the one before that, and the...

Unread 19-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
They will win the league within that period under his tutelage.

Agreed : The fair play one .

Unread 19-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Torres will get better. His 1st touch is still hit and miss giving it the field at full speed. When that does improve he will be absolutely £#%&!ing devastating against any high line, meaning the vermin will have a tactical advantage in midfield against any silly £#%&!er who attempts to play 4-4-2 against them. oh hang on.

nothing a sweeper wouldn't sort out, of course.

Unread 19-03-2009, 04:08 PM
dodger

Quote:
Torres will get better. His 1st touch is still hit and miss giving it the field at full speed. When that does improve he will be absolutely £#%&!ing devastating against any high line, meaning the vermin will have a tactical advantage in midfield against any silly £#%&!er who attempts to play 4-4-2 against them. oh hang on.

nothing a sweeper wouldn't sort out, of course.
I think he'll just get more injury prone
Closed Thread