United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-01-2022, 10:02 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
If you're a manager it's probably Watford
That's one way of looking at it. Another way is that every Watford manager will know they have 15 games grace and if they don't do very well they'll get a nice pay off for a few months work. Not bad when you look at it like that.

In the shout for worst owner the guy at Everton rarely gets much mention. He's a billionaire and the club have spent huge amount of money under his reign on players and gone through several managers of total different styles and way of playing. Moyes's shoestring budgets dependent on whoever Kenwright sold in the summer had Everton much more competitive.

Unread 26-01-2022, 10:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
That's one way of looking at it. Another way is that every Watford manager will know they have 15 games grace and if they don't do very well they'll get a nice pay off for a few months work. Not bad when you look at it like that.

In the shout for worst owner the guy at Everton rarely gets much mention. He's a billionaire and the club have spent huge amount of money under his reign on players and gone through several managers of total different styles and way of playing. Moyes's shoestring budgets dependent on whoever Kenwright sold in the summer had Everton much more competitive.
yeah but does he siphon millions out the club every year in dividends?

Unread 26-01-2022, 10:24 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yeah but does he siphon millions out the club every year in dividends?
Plus he puts his own money into the club.
The Glazer's don't put one penny in. Just let the club use some of their own.
Criminal!!

Unread 26-01-2022, 10:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonlooca
Plus he puts his own money into the club.
The Glazer's don't put one penny in. Just let the club use some of their own.
Criminal!!
yeah that's kind of what i was getting at.

Unread 26-01-2022, 10:37 PM
Buck

We haven't reached the stage where the most probable incoming manager has to do a public interview defending himself to the fans before even being appointed. Not yet at least.

Quote:
Vítor Pereira has attempted to placate Everton fans opposed to his appointment by giving an unusual public interview to defend his managerial record and claim “Pereira Out” graffiti on Goodison Park is evidence of passion rather than a personal attack.

Everton’s latest managerial search strayed into farce on Wednesday when Pereira gave a lengthy interview to Sky Sports News while awaiting a decision from the club on his interview to succeed Rafael Benítez as manager. Within hours of it emerging on Tuesday that the Portuguese coach was Farhad Moshiri’s favoured candidate, graffiti was daubed on a wall at Goodison that read: “Pereira Out, Lampard In”. The former Chelsea and Derby manager Frank Lampard has also been interviewed for the vacancy.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...e-everton-fans

Unread 26-01-2022, 10:54 PM
tatty

That must be Liverpool fans with the graffiti.

Unread 27-01-2022, 12:28 PM
dunk

Weghorst is 6’6’’ apparently

Burnley can’t be accused of having a type.

Unread 27-01-2022, 12:30 PM
windy waffles

Adama Traore has apparently told Spurs to do one and is in talks with Barca...

Unread 27-01-2022, 12:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Adama Traore has apparently told Spurs to do one and is in talks with Barca...

What the £#%&! he’ll cause nightmares over there tbf, both for the opposition trying to stop him and the poor £#%&!ers that have to play with him.

Unread 27-01-2022, 12:44 PM
Coracao

They love re-signing youth products.

Unread 27-01-2022, 12:46 PM
goonlooca

Spurs

Unread 27-01-2022, 12:50 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

What the £#%&! he’ll cause nightmares over there tbf, both for the opposition trying to stop him and the poor £#%&!ers that have to be play with him.

Spot on.

Will be great bantz...

Unread 27-01-2022, 01:05 PM
DuanePipe

I love Adama more than Neves. There, I've said it.

What's the point of football if you can't get your kicks watching a greased up mini-hulk dribbling past an entire team of hapless opponents who can't even foul the guy.

If he plays in a team that have competent finishers, he'll be a menace.

Give me Adama over the passing efficiency stats of the double pivot partner blah, blah. Besides, his crossing is way underrated. He makes more crossing opportunities for himself than any player I've seen. Wolves just miss most of the chances he creates.

Unread 27-01-2022, 01:07 PM
Drexl

He was amazing in Battlestar Galactica tbf

Unread 27-01-2022, 01:28 PM
Coracao

Diallo off to Rangers by the looks of it. Loan until end of the season.

Unread 27-01-2022, 02:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
I love Adama more than Neves. There, I've said it.

What's the point of football if you can't get your kicks watching a greased up mini-hulk dribbling past an entire team of hapless opponents who can't even foul the guy.

If he plays in a team that have competent finishers, he'll be a menace.

Give me Adama over the passing efficiency stats of the double pivot partner blah, blah. Besides, his crossing is way underrated. He makes more crossing opportunities for himself than any player I've seen. Wolves just miss most of the chances he creates.

https://twitter.com/FutbollNostalji/...74550263312385
I read ‘creating crossing opportunities for himself’ as crossing the ball into himself.

How fast is he!?

Unread 27-01-2022, 02:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Diallo off to Rangers by the looks of it. Loan until end of the season.
Gives Scottish football some relevance for a few months

Unread 27-01-2022, 02:36 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I read ‘creating crossing opportunities for himself’ as crossing the ball into himself.

How fast is he!?
Watch where he starts and where he finishes.

He's a player that forces opposition to double/treble up on him and that will benefit a team like Barca more than Wolves as we rarely ever make use of it.

Saying that, he did provide the cross that Phil Jones headed to Moutinho a few weeks back. His cross wasn't great but he puts oppositions on the back foot. I am unashamed to say I'll be sad to see him go. But I'd guess Wolves fans are about 50/50. Some love him, some (wrong people) can't wait to see the back of him.

Unread 27-01-2022, 02:54 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Watch where he starts and where he finishes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DufjqZ3Unmk

He's a player that forces opposition to double/treble up on him and that will benefit a team like Barca more than Wolves as we rarely ever make use of it.

Saying that, he did provide the cross that Phil Jones headed to Moutinho a few weeks back. His cross wasn't great but he puts oppositions on the back foot. I am unashamed to say I'll be sad to see him go. But I'd guess Wolves fans are about 50/50. Some love him, some (wrong people) can't wait to see the back of him.
Of course you watch him a lot more than me, so fair enough.

He’s fast and terrifying…. But usually £#%&!s it up. Often due to his own failings. Doesn’t matter who is in the box if your touch is shit or you pick the wrong pass all the time

It seems it would be easier to just let him run through you and then watch him fall over.

He’s certainly a player you pay attention to though, no doubt.

Unread 27-01-2022, 02:55 PM
windy waffles

Would be better suited to the NFL...
Closed Thread