United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-01-2022, 10:11 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
If the club has rejected loan bids and other clubs are waiting for the summer to sign permanently does he have a choice?

I hate lingard as much as the next guy, but if a reported 5 mill is even offered from Newcastle I can hardly see them pussyfooting around paying him his wages in full
It is beyond dumb. They offered a fee AND pay his wages in full but we rejected it. Even if it's £5m, snap their hand off...

Still think he will go - plenty of time.

We really are run by a bunch of £#%&!wits.

Unread 26-01-2022, 11:05 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
It is beyond dumb. They offered a fee AND pay his wages in full but we rejected it. Even if it's £5m, snap their hand off...

Still think he will go - plenty of time.

We really are run by a bunch of £#%&!wits.
Newcastle aren’t even challenging for top 4.Woodward , judge and any other £#%&!ers as part of the board and recruitment. It’s why I think ralf will get £#%&!ed. At the very least we need to get rid of some players and sign atleast one Cm. They don’t even need to go all out. There are about 3-4 decent CMs on a free in the summer. They can be picked up between 5-10 mill.

Madness how we haven’t done this yet. But the we are a team with no ambition .

Nothing will change until the owners do.

Unread 26-01-2022, 11:09 AM
redhegemony

We have a ridiculous number of players who don't contribute - Jones, Lingard, Mata, Bailly. This must be costing the Club well over a million pounds a month, you can understand them wanting to shift some of this before spending more.

Unread 26-01-2022, 11:32 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
We have a ridiculous number of players who don't contribute - Jones, Lingard, Mata, Bailly. This must be costing the Club well over a million pounds a month, you can understand them wanting to shift some of this before spending more.
Then why don’t they shift them? Lingard is a wanted man. Reports say Bailey is wanted by ac milan . So get rid of him or Jones. I’m sure they can get mata out of the squad .

We are a joke of a club run by clowns whose sole ambition is to make money. We have zero ambition to do well on the football pitch. Sorry I should give them credit , the ambition is to get top 4 so sponsors pay their fees.

Years of Ferguson winning with their finance first vision probably distorts their judgement. Thinking it can be done with a right manager to win , by giving him the bare minimum backing.

Unread 26-01-2022, 01:48 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
The offer from Newcastle means that we need not burn any more money on Lingard again, so it seems odd that they don't do this. Even more so if Ralf has identified one or more targets that we can get now.

Unread 26-01-2022, 01:50 PM
Sapien

He will either go to Newcastle or sign a new contract.

Unread 26-01-2022, 02:07 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Ready-made replacement when Bruno leaves

Unread 26-01-2022, 02:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
West Ham and Nice also sniffing.

I’d be off to Nice if I were him. 6 months at the top of the French League in the Sun(?) winding his contract down. Better than a relegation scrap.

Unread 26-01-2022, 04:18 PM
Pop

Manchester United interim manager Ralf Rangnick has bizarrely confirmed that Jesse Lingard will be leaving the club at the end of the season during a discussion with a fan on social media platform TikTok.

Man Utd fan @phezthered pleaded with Rangnick for “my favourite player’ to stay at Old Trafford as he “has got United in his head”.

The German, who was signing an autograph for the fan, looked up and said that “he will leave in the summer”.

My take from that is phezthered sounds like an absolute #@&%!.

Unread 26-01-2022, 04:24 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Manchester United interim manager Ralf Rangnick has bizarrely confirmed that Jesse Lingard will be leaving the club at the end of the season during a discussion with a fan on social media platform TikTok.

Man Utd fan @phezthered pleaded with Rangnick for “my favourite player’ to stay at Old Trafford as he “has got United in his head”.

The German, who was signing an autograph for the fan, looked up and said that “he will leave in the summer”.

My take from that is phezthered sounds like an absolute #@&%!.
It also makes it stranger that we haven't just taken Newcastle's offer.

Unread 26-01-2022, 06:15 PM
Time For Heroes

I'm assuming that our top negotiators are thinking that the closer it gets to deadline the more Newcastle will play so they're trying a bit of brinksmanship whereas the reality is they will sign someone else the day before and then we'll be hawking him around desperately on deadline and end up a whole lot worse off (no fee and paying half his wages).

Unread 26-01-2022, 06:30 PM
Mr_Ed

United after a £12m bonus if Newcastle stay up. Jesus look at us trying to get money out of clubs who are swimming in it… how times have changed.

Unread 26-01-2022, 06:40 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
United after a £12m bonus if Newcastle stay up. Jesus look at us trying to get money out of clubs who are swimming in it… how times have changed.
Pity we aren't as hard-nosed with players contracts.

Unread 26-01-2022, 07:07 PM
dunk

United value Lingard at £50m

Unread 26-01-2022, 07:12 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
From 1st of February (next Tuesday) he's worth zero.

Unread 26-01-2022, 07:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonlooca
From 1st of February (next Tuesday) he's worth zero.
No point telling me pal

Unread 26-01-2022, 07:42 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
No point telling me pal
Sorry Dunk
Was for the 'kin club

Unread 26-01-2022, 07:44 PM
tatty

Quote:
You added the 'm' on.

Unread 27-01-2022, 11:17 AM
Sparky***

Newcastle fans and the media losing their shit because we won’t just hand him over for peanuts.

Unread 27-01-2022, 11:18 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Newcastle fans and the media losing their shit because we won’t just hand him over for peanuts.
Didn't they value one of those inbred brothers at around £70m?