United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-01-2022, 03:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Or maybe the whole physicality bit is some more shite pulled off twitter.

On the few occasions he has played for us, I never saw a weak player. If anything, he's quite physical in tackles. Could be a stamina thing. I've no idea. How slow is the Dutch league.
The ‘physicality bit’ comes from watching him in the first team. Doesn’t mind a tackle tbf to the lad, but he’s slow as £#%&! in everything he does that isn’t a first time pass and can be brushed off the ball by a strong breeze. He needs to play regularly and get to grips with it, if he can.

Unread 26-01-2022, 04:02 PM
Jethro

Our first team is going to be absolutely £#%&!ed come May

Unread 26-01-2022, 04:08 PM
silv

Hopefully it's the making of him.

Unread 26-01-2022, 04:38 PM
ZiggyStardust

We have to have a midfielder coming in....surely

Will be good to see Donny play rather than looking sad on the bench

Unread 26-01-2022, 05:59 PM
est.1878

Palace? :cringe:

Van de bleak...

Unread 26-01-2022, 06:21 PM
dunk

Ouch.

Unread 26-01-2022, 06:24 PM
RedNick80

Hope he gets a move, mainly out of curiosity- was he shite or did it just not work with us. He’s paid well but he’s still a young lad at the end of the day.

Unread 26-01-2022, 06:49 PM
Hyman_Roth

Still can’t get my head round it tbh - he always looked like he would work out for us if managed properly and given more time. The amount of minutes we’ve given to absolute shite over the years whilst shutting the door on this lad is insane. Lingard ffs.

The writing was on the wall early on I suppose. Ole had the man management skills of Pol Pot when it came to Donny. Absolutely diabolical approach.

Unread 26-01-2022, 08:19 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Our first team is going to be absolutely £#%&!ed come May
Fantastic rebuild opportunity.

Unread 26-01-2022, 08:21 PM
Sparky***

Easily one of the most bizarre signings we've made. I could understand if we'd given him game after game and he'd been shit. But £#%&!ing hell the lad's barely had a kick.

Unread 26-01-2022, 08:22 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Easily one of the most bizarre signings we've made. I could understand if we'd given him game after game and he'd been shit. But £#%&!ing hell the lad's barely had a kick.
The idea that he is exponentially worse than our current midfield options

Unread 26-01-2022, 09:00 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
We'll probably never find out though.

Unread 26-01-2022, 09:44 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
We'll probably never find out though.
We will if he moves to another PL club and gets games.

Unread 26-01-2022, 11:05 PM
Stickman

I smelt a rat when he came on for stoppage time v Brighton away in a game we were completely overrun the week after scoring a debut goal.

It never improved from there did it

Unread 26-01-2022, 11:10 PM
Lok

Quote:
He must be really, really shit in training. Fred got similar treatment but it didn't lat as long.

Unread 26-01-2022, 11:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
He must be really, really shit in training. Fred got similar treatment but it didn't lat as long.
but he's shit in actual games

Unread 27-01-2022, 12:13 AM
Stickman

if he does well at Palace Bunks is going to lose his shit (as will I)

Unread 27-01-2022, 07:01 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
but he's shit in actual games
But....but...Ajax....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Clearly must be in training...

Unread 27-01-2022, 07:49 AM
believe

Every single person knew sparky was talking about Fred.

You can’t help but feel for Donny but he’s clearly doing something wrong somewhere, you can’t tell me that three managers have all seen him and not played him but they’re in the wrong. I’m whine the thought of going to Palace after signing from Ajax to join United

Unread 27-01-2022, 08:34 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Every single person knew sparky was talking about Fred.

You can’t help but feel for Donny but he’s clearly doing something wrong somewhere, you can’t tell me that three managers have all seen him and not played him but they’re in the wrong. I’m whine the thought of going to Palace after signing from Ajax to join United
I genuinely thought we would see more of him under Ralf and it was just Ole that didn’t fancy him, but we’re seeing him with more or less the same frequency.

Not only that, but Ralf is describing McFred in the same positive way that Ole did.

If it’s two managers, and two very different managers (with 3 games from Carrick in between) for good measure, then I’m more inclined to think, yes, something isn’t quite right with him.

It remains a bizarre situation and a real £#%&!ing shame,