United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Reply
 
Unread 26-01-2022, 11:56 AM
Ethers
 
Default

How do the Peterson fans feel about his anti-vax stance? Surprised Neo hasnít cancelled him tbh.
 
Unread 26-01-2022, 11:56 AM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Joe Rogan is the podcast host.....that's it for me, I'm not sure all the labels thrown at Joe or fans of his show have any meaning whatsoever....

He's a sports commentator and comedian with a podcast audience of over 200m bigger than any news agency in the world ..

The guests and content is what people are a fan of, nothing to do with Joe and his credentials...

It's a very important podcast in these times, always has been ..
I like Joe Rogan. His show has broadened my mind and taught me a lot, as well as entertained me.

Does that mean I agree with him on every little thing? Of course not - but Iím old enough to know that you can like someone and not agree with them n everything.
 
Unread 26-01-2022, 11:57 AM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

Fred.

Probably the only forum in the world where Jordan Peterson would be described as an intellectual Mark Goldbridge
 
Unread 26-01-2022, 11:58 AM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
How do the Peterson fans feel about his anti-vax stance? Surprised Neo hasnít cancelled him tbh.
Not good.

I like him but disagree with him on a fair few things.

Classic example of a thinker being up his own arse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Fred.

Probably the only forum in the world where Jordan Peterson would be described as an intellectual Mark Goldbridge


Would love to see JP describe how useless some toothless University bodies are with the expression ď***s on a nunĒ.
 
Unread 26-01-2022, 12:14 PM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Not good.

I like him but disagree with him on a fair few things.

Classic example of a thinker being up his own arse.





Would love to see JP describe how useless some toothless University bodies are with the expression ď***s on a nunĒ.
very much this I'm afraid. Having some credible thoughts on a particular subject has made him think has credible thoughts on all things.

Watch the first five minutes of the podcast where he - unprovoked - goes into this whole "climate change is not real" rant, based on some bizarre ideas that "climate" means everything, therefore means nothing.

As I said earlier, he's constantly getting called out by Rogan (wonder if Spotify hd anything to do with this, because it was very similar to what happened with Jones).

Claims 7 million children a year die because of pollution from wood burning energy (again, unsolicited). Joe says that doesn't sound right. Peterson insists it is.

"Jamie?"

Turns out it is 600,000.

"Ah, I must have seen old data".

Come on, sometimes it's best to just say you don't know everything.
 
Unread 26-01-2022, 12:18 PM
Neo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
How do the Peterson fans feel about his anti-vax stance? Surprised Neo hasnít cancelled him tbh.
I disagree with him on many things, specifically climate change, his ideas on exclusively meat-based diets, and also covid restrictions, including lockdowns. However, I think he brings tremendous value in a lot of areas, and there is far more that I agree with him on that I disagree with him on. Can't think of another contemporary public intellectual that I've learnt more from in recent years, tbh.

Is he anti-vaxx? I know that he is against mandatory vaccination, which is another thing I disagree with him on, but he did get vaccinated himself.

 
Unread 26-01-2022, 12:20 PM
Patty_b
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
very much this I'm afraid. Having some credible thoughts on a particular subject has made him think has credible thoughts on all things.

Watch the first five minutes of the podcast where he - unprovoked - goes into this whole "climate change is not real" rant, based on some bizarre ideas that "climate" means everything, therefore means nothing.

As I said earlier, he's constantly getting called out by Rogan (wonder if Spotify hd anything to do with this, because it was very similar to what happened with Jones).

Claims 7 million children a year die because of pollution from wood burning energy (again, unsolicited). Joe says that doesn't sound right. Peterson insists it is.

"Jamie?"

Turns out it is 600,000.

"Ah, I must have seen old data".

Come on, sometimes it's best to just say you don't know everything.
I read this. Bizarre.

I think it could well be that he has exhausted his previous platform, and had to shift subjects to try and stay relevant. He probably knows that he's talking utter shite, surely he's not so thick that he actually believes the shit he came out with about climate change, but he knows that saying it will get him attention and large portions of people that follow him will still listen and eat it up.
 
Unread 26-01-2022, 12:27 PM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I read this. Bizarre.

I think it could well be that he has exhausted his previous platform, and had to shift subjects to try and stay relevant. He probably knows that he's talking utter shite, surely he's not so thick that he actually believes the shit he came out with about climate change, but he knows that saying it will get him attention and large portions of people that follow him will still listen and eat it up.
Was willing Joe to jump in and ask whether the offside law is climate.

Did the same with the word "environment." I noticed also that when he gets challenged he pulls out some analogies and logic games, which sound great but don't actually reply to the point being made.

The ant and the grasshopper ffs
 
Unread 26-01-2022, 12:36 PM
Ethers
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I disagree with him on many things, specifically climate change, his ideas on exclusively meat-based diets, and also covid restrictions, including lockdowns. However, I think he brings tremendous value in a lot of areas, and there is far more that I agree with him on that I disagree with him on. Can't think of another contemporary public intellectual that I've learnt more from in recent years, tbh.

Is he anti-vaxx? I know that he is against mandatory vaccination, which is another thing I disagree with him on, but he did get vaccinated himself.

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/...38374013165574
Well, put it this way. If he said some of the things he does about the vaccine, on here, you would undoubtedly be lumping him in with the ďanti-vax thickosĒ as you put it.

But you agree with him on some things, so you give him a pass. A tad hypocritical maybe.


 
Unread 26-01-2022, 12:38 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

#NoboosterPureBlood
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Joe Rogan
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the joe rogan v alex jones beef armchair TV / Film / Books / Arts 186 11-04-2019 11:35 PM
Chicken Rogan Josh recipe toseeunited Food and Drink 4 28-01-2009 04:13 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:49 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.