BIG Ralf.
Just needs to be backed. He knows what he is doing

Unread 22-01-2022, 06:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Just needs to be backed. He knows what he is doing
This.

I’ve never had an issue or thought that he couldn’t do it. I pity anyone coming into this absolute mess. He’ll be hamstrung by the usual issues, but I trust what he can do.

Ten games in now. That’s the amount of time you’d expect to see the message getting through and I think you can since the Wolves games.

Should have won at Villa, beat Brentford at their own place which isn’t easy, then followed it with another very hard fought win against a very good team.

Some promising signs. Just got to keep following it up.

Unread 22-01-2022, 07:50 PM
andyroo

Saying the right things here (second part after Dave and Rashers). Obviously delighted with the win but still sees loads he wants to improve on.

And I know we all got sick of it with the last bloke, but it is nice to see him crack a smile for once.

Unread 23-01-2022, 11:18 AM
Mr_Ed

Football

Happy with the slow but steady progress. Clearly doesn't have his favourites and is making sure we get the basics right.

Was at the game yesterday and I could clearly seem him %@#$&!ing Maguire when he just hoofed the ball forward aimlessly - very good to see.

I wouldn't be averse to see him carrying on for next season if we can't find a manager / coach who doesn't imbue his standards and 'vision'.

Unread 23-01-2022, 04:01 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Happy with the slow but steady progress. Clearly doesn't have his favourites and is making sure we get the basics right.

Was at the game yesterday and I could clearly seem him %@#$&!ing Maguire when he just hoofed the ball forward aimlessly - very good to see.

I wouldn't be averse to see him carrying on for next season if we can't find a manager / coach who doesn't imbue his standards and 'vision'.
Seems we will get news of the new manager sooner than the end of the season judging by recent noises.

Ralf is the perfect medicine to take ahead of getting in a longer term candidate. And with him being actually the manager he will be very well placed to help the next manager to fix the issues that are there and that have held us back in recent years.

No surprise that as soon as Woodward is out of decision making we are making shrewd moves.

Unread 23-01-2022, 04:08 PM
redhegemony

Ralf comes across as very shrewd and realistic. He plugged the holes from Wednesday to stop the chances being created but notes we didn't use the ball that well in possession.

Unread 23-01-2022, 04:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Ralf comes across as very shrewd and realistic. He plugged the holes from Wednesday to stop the chances being created but notes we didn't use the ball that well in possession.
He's a typical german so you'll get blunt, to the point, concise answers from him.

He's obviously the complete antithesis of Solskjaer who was all about vibes and nostalgia which works great when everything is going well. The problem with that of course is that when things start to turn and you're at rock bottom, players need a bit more than just 'do you know what it means to play for this club' and 'back in 1999 we did x, y, z.' When the shit hits the fan you need the kind of calculated, clear thinking you're seeing from Ragnick now.

Obviously we're a country mile away from actually achieve anything of note, but considering what an utter complete catastrophe the first half of the season was, it's a minor miracle we're in with a chance of finishing near the top 5. Whether that will happen is anyone's guess.

Unread 23-01-2022, 05:01 PM
Neo

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
If the leeches running the club fail to secure a new manger by the summer it will be one of their biggest failures.

Ten Hag and Pochettino are both available at a time when both City and Liverpool won't be looking for a manager, and Spanish football is in the doldrums.

This is an open goal to get the man they want, and they have the best part of an entire season to do the deal. If Rangnick is still in charge by July then something has gone very wrong.

Nevertheless, I'm, still not convinced that a new manager will get us winning the two big trophies, as the people at the top of the club don't promote a winning culture, and this filters down through the rest of the club. We won't be completely right until the Glazer family are gone, unfortunately.

Unread 23-01-2022, 05:02 PM
Medlock

Thumbs up

I think he's done pretty well. You can see the team spirit is coming back now so I think we will get fourth place. He hasn't actually changed how we play as much as I thought he would, except for some largely successful changes in personnel.

Unread 23-01-2022, 05:17 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
If the leeches running the club fail to secure a new manger by the summer it will be one of their biggest failures.

Ten Hag and Pochettino are both available at a time when both City and Liverpool won't be looking for a manager, and Spanish football is in the doldrums.

This is an open goal to get the man they want, and they have the best part of an entire season to do the deal. If Rangnick is still in charge by July then something has gone very wrong.

Nevertheless, I'm, still not convinced that a new manager will get us winning the two big trophies, as the people at the top of the club don't promote a winning culture, and this filters down through the rest of the club. We won't be completely right until the Glazer family are gone, unfortunately.

Anyway, there’s lots I like about Ralph but he isn’t the answer and it’s difficult to see him having a huge impact. We’re now getting results we all expected to get before this season’s 1st half implosion.

Longer term, a revolution is necessary to change the culture of the club. Not sure getting 4th is the best way to do that but I’ll take it if it means we can attract 10H.

Unread 23-01-2022, 05:21 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Ten Hag has said he's ready for a new challenge, and Pochettino is supposedly desperate to come back to England, with PSG already lining up Zidane as a replacement.

Both would jump at the chance to join United IMO.

Unread 23-01-2022, 06:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Ten Hag has said he's ready for a new challenge, and Pochettino is supposedly desperate to come back to England, with PSG already lining up Zidane as a replacement.

Both would jump at the chance to join United IMO.
This,

There as ‘available’ outside of being out of a job.

Unread 24-01-2022, 02:57 AM
JackEddyfier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Sad thing in modern football media don’t help, they create these sorts of environments . Never used to hear about warchest, DNA , philosophy. Etc etc

Same media are spouting the story of not playing for an interim when they never say that yo any other club. Problem is the thick shits at Manchester United just let it bleed into their mindset

WRT interim, any self respecting professional would still try as they play for the club to win. If not for the club, to respect themselves to try to do their best. Unfortunately we are full of shit ****s. It doesn’t matter if he is here for 6 months or not. Last time we went on a 12 game winning run.

A lot comes down to have shit full backs and a Central midfield. Murtough seems to really like ralf so hopefully he actually has a role post interim .

Ronaldo hit the nail on the head and he clearly is backing Ralf. We need some new blood into this team. Hopefully zakaria signs and we manage to get one more in. We also need to get rid of the bloated squad, likes of lingard and martial who wants to leave but doesn’t lower his ****ing wages oi actually push a move. Pogba will stay till the summer .

But lingard, martial, Bailey, Henderson and maybe VDB could and more to the point should leave this January.
Agree with with all of that - apart from Zakaria in. He's not good enough; I prefer Ibrahim Sangaré, at PSV Eindhoven who is just a tall as Zakaria, is less of an injury risk. Sangaré's a dynamic CDM. The only concern I have over him is he tends to give too many fouls away.

I fear Rangnick may get too little time and hasn't been allowed to bring in many of his own people. All this talk about players not wanting to study videos is scary - they're supposed to be top pros FFS.

Unread 24-01-2022, 09:23 AM
BarryX

Edited that last post as was in the wrong thread, but while I'm here want to say kudos to Ralf for Saturday's performance. It was clear the players were all putting a shift in. Haven't seen effort like that, from everyone on the pitch, in a long, long time.

Unread 24-01-2022, 09:43 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This,

There as ‘available’ outside of being out of a job.
Yeah and there’s also forming unsubstantiated conclusions from snippets and tweets from the likes of @zimbabweunitedreds

The 10H interview was very promising albeit he also said in the same interview that he isn’t actively seeking a move. Not heard anything direct from Poch.

We’ll see. I’m very very hopeful on the 10H thing but if there’s one thing you need to do concerning united, it’s prepare for disappointment.

Unread 24-01-2022, 10:17 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Yeah and there’s also forming unsubstantiated conclusions from snippets and tweets from the likes of @zimbabweunitedreds

The 10H interview was very promising albeit he also said in the same interview that he isn’t actively seeking a move. Not heard anything direct from Poch.

We’ll see. I’m very very hopeful on the 10H thing but if there’s one thing you need to do concerning united, it’s prepare for disappointment.
They seem ‘gettable’ is more the point. Certainly compared to previous times we’ve sacked managers where there’s been no obvious candidates and/or all the big managers are locked into major jobs.

As someone said earlier, I think if we move for either and we really want them, then we get them.

The three that keep coming up are Poch, ETH and Rodgers. I think we get any of those if we want them.

Unread 24-01-2022, 10:19 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
They seem ‘gettable’ is more the point. Certainly compared to previous times we’ve sacked managers where there’s been no obvious candidates and/or all the big managers are locked into major jobs.

As someone said earlier, I think if we move for either and we really want them, then we get them.

The three that keep coming up are Poch, ETH and Rodgers. I think we get any of those if we want them.
So you’re saying #brendanrodgersreds is still on?

Unread 24-01-2022, 10:39 AM
dunk

Rodgers has to be off the list? Potter should be above him imo. Leicester have gone to pieces, it’ll be interesting to see whether or not he can wrestle it back under control.
Closed Thread