Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
💯
100 deaths?

Unread 20-01-2022, 09:55 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
Still this. After all this time. f*** me.
It’s from The Telegraph but…

Quote:
Francois Balloux, professor of computational systems biology at University College London, said: “Until recently, monitoring deaths within 28 days of testing positive was a good proxy - it mirrored the real world.

“Now that is obviously not the case. At the moment, the numbers look horrible and worse than they should.

“The upside is they will soon look fantastic. I think we’re in a better situation than we have ever been since March 2020, and especially in the UK, I am pretty optimistic that we can soon call a day and then we’re finished.”

For the week ending January 7, the Government reported 1,282 deaths. However, the Office for National Statistics registered only 992, of which just 712 had Covid as the primary cause of death.

Usually, Office of National Statistics data is higher because it also includes care home deaths. Now the trend has changed, with dashboard figures much higher than those published by the ONS.

Jonathan Ball, professor of molecular virology at the University of Nottingham, said: “It's always been the case that the data was unable to discriminate between people in hospital, or people who died, because of Covid-19 rather than with Covid-19.

“It will be important to understand the future impacts of Covid-19 and the only way you can do that is to record numbers, just the same way we do with other important infections. But the assumptions and potential errors inherent in those figures do need to be acknowledged more.”

Unread 20-01-2022, 09:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Oh he hates this resource, not a Mancunian enough media outlet....

Penny and tide are dropping and turning for many now, OG's won't be forgotten....

Unread 20-01-2022, 10:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Frank balls

Unread 20-01-2022, 10:17 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Still this

Sorry, at what point during the pandemic have people previously been getting infected in their hundreds of thousands per day, with a very mild form of the virus?

Even the BBC are saying it’s a factor. Maybe tell them you know better, you condescending f***wit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60000391
This shit has been said throughout the pandemic, constantly.... it is now 175,000 died from it (directly or indirectly) and 150,000 within 28 days.

28 days doesn't take into account the people who die after they leave hospital and go back in shortly after and then end up dying, which was about 10%.

It is likely that the two are similar at that point in time (first week in Jan) but they will rise and will be about the same as weekly deaths by the time ONS comes out.

I wouldn't have to be a condescending c*** if you thick c***s hadn't been parroting the same thing for nigh on two years.

Unread 20-01-2022, 10:21 PM
Ethers

Quote:
This shit has been said throughout the pandemic, constantly.... it is now 175,000 died from it (directly or indirectly) and 150,000 within 28 days.

28 days doesn't take into account the people who die after they leave hospital and go back in shortly after and then end up dying, which was about 10%.

It is likely that the two are similar at that point in time (first week in Jan) but they will rise and will be about the same as weekly deaths by the time ONS comes out.

I wouldn't have to be a condescending c*** if you thick c***s hadn't been parroting the same thing for nigh on two years.
Yeah, I’m sure there’s loads of people dying after they leave hospital, and then go back in shortly after, which just happens to be 28 days after they tested positive. Happening to bloody LOADS of people all over the shop.

Thick c***.

Unread 20-01-2022, 10:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

28 days doesn't take into account the people who die after they leave hospital and go back in shortly after and then end up dying, which was about 10%

Ah the released but the readmitted then die but still testing positive case...

The silent death toll.

The unheard

#RBTRTD

Unread 20-01-2022, 10:34 PM
92ToBury

Eddie Large died of Covid despite being a fat c*** for decades, having heart and kidney problems for over a decade and being admitted to hospital with heart failure. Surprised MRSA isn’t claiming an assist as well.

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:15 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Still this. After all this time. f*** me.
Stopped clocks.

At some point the within 28 days figure will become unreliable and this will inevitably be accompanied by a chorus of I told you sos from people who have been wrong for two years.

I say let them have their little moment of victory.

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:19 PM
Ethers

Jesus, you two really are salty this is all coming to its natural conclusion aren’t you