United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2022, 10:43 AM
Mr_Ed

Dear Lok. Fred is bang average and not good enough. HTH.

Raggers was never going to come in from day 1 and instantly turn it all round. He’s learning about the team, the players, who he can trust and who suits what he wants to do.

Yes we stank in the first half but he got them in, cracked a few skulls, upped the tempo and told Fernandes to get forward and boom.

We’ll continue to stink at times but as long as we see improvement then I’m happy… I wouldn’t be averse to Raggers staying in charge for next season too.

PS- note it took Pep a full season to get city where he wanted them… and a lot of money too.

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:01 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

Raggers was never going to come in from day 1 and instantly turn it all round. He’s learning about the team, the players, who he can trust and who suits what he wants to do.

Yes we stank in the first half but he got them in, cracked a few skulls, upped the tempo and told Fernandes to get forward and boom.

We’ll continue to stink at times but as long as we see improvement then I’m happy… I wouldn’t be averse to Raggers staying in charge for next season too.

PS- note it took Pep a full season to get city where he wanted them… and a lot of money too.
exactly my four legged friend

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:03 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

Let's not get giddy, pal...

Unread 20-01-2022, 11:43 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Let's not get giddy, pal...
It was an example- I’ve not been smoking crack

Unread 21-01-2022, 01:13 PM
atticusgrinch

The boss:

Quote:
"most the top teams play 433 in Europe. I think for Bruno it's better than being pinned to a 10 position because he can then make himself available in different areas, not only in the central areas. In this position, the eight he can sniff the moments of which areas we need to play the ball to him".

Unread 21-01-2022, 01:29 PM
dunk

Can’t be giving the ball away as much at 8 imo.

Unread 21-01-2022, 04:47 PM
saffers

Really promising signs last two games!

Unread 21-01-2022, 04:54 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Really promising signs last two games!
Until the board stop backing him for buying and selling players. He’s the right man for the job . Just doesn’t have the tools

Unread 21-01-2022, 04:56 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Until the board stop backing him for buying and selling players. He’s the right man for the job . Just doesn’t have the tools
can we give him koppas?

Unread 21-01-2022, 06:20 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can’t be giving the ball away as much at 8 imo.
He seemed to reign it in a bit the last 2 games and has been better for it.

Just got to look after the ball and pick his moments to try the extraordinary. His workrate has always been on point. Just needs channeling in the right direction imo.

Unread 21-01-2022, 06:39 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
He seemed to reign it in a bit the last 2 games and has been better for it.

Just got to look after the ball and pick his moments to try the extraordinary. His workrate has always been on point. Just needs channeling in the right direction imo.
Nah we should sell him

Unread 21-01-2022, 07:41 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
can we give him koppas?
Would make a great #2, nqat.

"Sancho.... shit...get him off....

Rashy? £#%&! off....

Need a new goalkeeper? I know a promising Russian...."

Unread 21-01-2022, 08:59 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

He also needed those above him not to create a bottleneck with buying and selling. He had a ridiculous turnover of players during his first 12-18 months. A turnover that would have taken any united manager a good 3-5 years. It’s debatable those above the manager at united have changed their ways, but maybe.

Unread 21-01-2022, 09:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
He also needed those above him not to create a bottleneck with buying and selling. He had a ridiculous turnover of players during his first 12-18 months. A turnover that would have taken any united manager a good 3-5 years. .
Post.

During guardiola's first two seasons in charge they signed 18 players and sold or released 22. (two of which they just bought and sold the next season ) He spent £440 million transfers.

It would take united about 6 £#%&!ing years to get rid of 22 players.

Unread 21-01-2022, 11:07 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
He also needed those above him not to create a bottleneck with buying and selling. He had a ridiculous turnover of players during his first 12-18 months. A turnover that would have taken any united manager a good 3-5 years. It’s debatable those above the manager at united have changed their ways, but maybe.
As well as having a much stronger starting squad.

Unread 21-01-2022, 11:47 PM
dunk

Unread 22-01-2022, 12:04 AM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
He did inherit a squad that included Aguero, Kompany, De Bruyne, Silva and Sterling. Not a bad spine to build around

Unread 22-01-2022, 12:09 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
He did inherit a squad that included Aguero, Kompany, De Bruyne, Silva and Sterling. Not a bad spine to build around
Exactly. A squad that had been champions twice in the previous 4 years. Then threw half a billion on top of it.

Unread 22-01-2022, 01:26 AM
AK14

Should keep Nedders busy in the match thread.

Unread 22-01-2022, 10:12 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Exactly. A squad that had been champions twice in the previous 4 years. Then threw half a billion on top of it.
At a time when half a billion wasn’t just 5 half decent players…
Closed Thread