United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-11-2021, 10:02 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think our lot are in for a real wake up call here.

https://youtu.be/Qxn2QB6dV2E
Yep. And they need it. The club needs it.

I get people don’t like these ‘hipster’ managers, but like it or not, they rule the roost these days and you either get on board or get left behind. They’re not all exactly the same, but there’s common themes. The three best teams in this country have a clear, identifiable way of playing and their players are completely on board.

You see it bridging gaps in quality at clubs like Brentford and Southampton too.

As much as I love Ole, you need more than your managing saying “it’s about winnin tackulls and heddurrs”

We’ve talked a lot recently about whether the players or Ole are to blame for what’s happened. Well, they have nowhere to hide now. We don’t know if RR will be a success, but it’s clear he knows exactly what he wants and exactly how to get it.

I think some players will benefit. Our better moments in the last couple of years have been when we’ve played with a level of aggression and directness that RR seems to embrace. Some of our best goals are quick players, one touch and off you go. Bruno, Martial, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood and even Fred are all better when they’re doing that.

The issue is getting these ideas ingrained permanently. As he says in the video ‘train the brain’ is going to be the biggest challenge for him, because many of our players have shown they don’t have a brain.

Slow, pointless build up
Half pressing (half pregnant )
Decision making

Are three of our biggest problems consistently. That’s going to be his biggest challenge Imo, in such a short space of time too,

I don’t believe they’re a bad bunch of players. I think they need an idea to buy into. Hopefully this is it.

Unread 27-11-2021, 10:09 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Uh oh Euston, we have a problem.

He’s the most influential manager ever, and taught Pep, Klopp, Tuchel etc everything they know, except he hasn’t ever managed a big club because, er, he preferred doing the filing for Lokomotiv Moscow instead. Makes sense.

I really hope this works out well but all this stuff about his influence/tactical philosophy etc feels very reminiscent of LVG. And then he got here and started lumping long balls up to Fellaini.

Unread 27-11-2021, 10:37 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
As much as I love Ole, you need more than your managing saying “it’s about winnin tackulls and heddurrs” .

Tickled me that.

Unread 27-11-2021, 11:00 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

He’s the most influential manager ever, and taught Pep, Klopp, Tuchel etc everything they know, except he hasn’t ever managed a big club because, er, he preferred doing the filing for Lokomotiv Moscow instead. Makes sense.

I really hope this works out well but all this stuff about his influence/tactical philosophy etc feels very reminiscent of LVG. And then he got here and started lumping long balls up to Fellaini.
Bit like Bielsa. The coaches’ coach but has won £#%&! all himself. At least this fella is just an interim and as far as I know doesn’t sit on a bucket.

But £#%&! it, we’ve been crying out for a vision, a system, and Ranngers apparently brings it like no other. Hopefully it’s also more about what comes after him and that’s what appears to be his strength - more of a DoF. Could do with a good run this season though. No excuses now.

Unread 27-11-2021, 11:01 AM
Pop

Scenes on here when he turns out to be nothing more than Mick McCarthy with a taste for cabbage!

Unread 27-11-2021, 11:17 AM
Coracao

Not the most ideal time of the year to be coming in and introducing manic pressing

Pretty much two games a week (or more now) until around the FA Cup weekend.

redhegemony

We have scored some good goals this year playing quick forward passing football - Sancho's the other night was terrific. So we can do it.

Actually looking forward to what he has to say. Looking at the videos and how Liverpool, City and Chelsea play it suggests 2 new full backs will be priority for the January sales.

Can't see either being good enough to deliver the sort of plan being touted.

Drexl

Thumbs up

Sod trophies, I'm just happy for him to shout at the squad a lot

Unread 27-11-2021, 11:18 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Scenes on here when he turns out to be nothing more than Mick McCarthy with a taste for cabbage!
someone has to blow the whistle on this. will feel as if we've had our chips piston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Sod trophies, I'm just happy for him to shout at the squad a lot
most of our players just need a rocket.

Unread 27-11-2021, 11:21 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Bit like Bielsa. The coaches’ coach but has won £#%&! all himself. At least this fella is just an interim and as far as I know doesn’t sit on a bucket.

But £#%&! it, we’ve been crying out for a vision, a system, and Ranngers apparently brings it like no other. Hopefully it’s also more about what comes after him and that’s what appears to be his strength - more of a DoF. Could do with a good run this season though. No excuses now.
I think the fact he’s staying is big. If he was just a six month stop gap, it’d almost seem futile to try and impose his way for six months and then just throw it out, but bringing him and keeping him hopefully points to a change in direction.

Unread 27-11-2021, 11:28 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not the most ideal time of the year to be coming in and introducing manic pressing

Pretty much two games a week (or more now) until around the FA Cup weekend.
28 Nov - Chelsea
2 Dec - Arsenal
5 Dec - Palace
8 Dec - Young Boys
11 Dec - Norwich
14 Dec - Brentford
18 Dec - Brighton
27 Dec - Newcastle
30 Dec - Burnley

Unread 27-11-2021, 11:32 AM
Medlock

Thumbs up

I'm excited also about this guy (who like everyone else i hadn't heard of 2 weeks ago) but let's wait until he sorts everything out before we praise him for sorting everything out.

Unread 27-11-2021, 11:53 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
I'm excited also about this guy (who like everyone else i hadn't heard of 2 weeks ago) but let's wait until he sorts everything out before we praise him for sorting everything out.
Too late Rangnick 63 shirt ordered.

Unread 27-11-2021, 11:58 AM
Mr_Ed

I’m actually looking forward to him exposing the shit @#%&!s in the squad and hopefully a vision and buying players who fit that vision rather than ‘Fred’ type players.

Clean out the dead wood, get rid of the thick spongers and get some team players who know they’re part of the greater good rather than individualism.

Him going upstairs for two years could really do ha some good too.

Fingers crossed.

Unread 27-11-2021, 11:59 AM
Bunker Buster

German Tri colour ordered....

Unread 27-11-2021, 12:02 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
German Tri colour ordered....
You're the worst Dutchman ever

Unread 27-11-2021, 12:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Wait till the summer mate, going full oranji face paint....

Unread 27-11-2021, 12:06 PM
Kent Brockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
We have scored some good goals this year playing quick forward passing football - Sancho's the other night was terrific. So we can do it.

Actually looking forward to what he has to say. Looking at the videos and how Liverpool, City and Chelsea play it suggests 2 new full backs will be priority for the January sales.

Can't see either being good enough to deliver the sort of plan being touted.
Is Trippier still available on a free?

Unread 27-11-2021, 12:08 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Frank Rijkaard busy blocking Bunks on all social media.

Unread 27-11-2021, 12:29 PM
puressence

Expecting injuries galore first few months
Closed Thread