United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-11-2021, 11:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Dirty flirt.

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:15 AM
Medlock

Have big concerns myself, but if he comes we've got to get behind him. Another 3 year cul-de-sac would be a disaster.

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:26 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Have big concerns myself, but if he comes we've got to get behind him. Another 3 year cul-de-sac would be a disaster.
not sure what you mean. I'll hope whoever takes over does well, but I will not express any confidence unless I feel it. I currently have very little confidence in poch or the current structure. getting behind him won't make him a better manager or the glazers less cancerous.

he'll get a polite, but brief, round of applause if he wins the league or champions league and that's it.

Unread 25-11-2021, 01:04 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Am I imagining it, or did Spurs fail to get results against most of the top 6 the majority of the time under Poch? I might be mixing it up tbf, but I remember there being a side that couldn’t buy a result against the teams around them..
They were poor on the road but fine at home. He won just once away against every top six opponent once with the exception of Liverpool. His only victory at Anfield was with Southampton. But his home record was good. Had some big wins on home turf.

I think he's a fine manager at building a squad up from a lower starting place. Zidane is someone who I think given the ready made tools will deliver so it might be PSG go him and let Poch go. But then why don't we go Zidane ourselves because the squad Ole built and leaves behind on paper is strong.

Unread 25-11-2021, 01:12 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not sure what you mean. I'll hope whoever takes over does well, but I will not express any confidence unless I feel it. I currently have very little confidence in poch or the current structure. getting behind him won't make him a better manager or the glazers less cancerous.

he'll get a polite, but brief, round of applause if he wins the league or champions league and that's it.
Not sure how anyone can feel confident with any manager we've been linked with. They all come with question marks either on their CV or their suitability for what they will inherit. Even if they get us playing and winning, our two biggest rivals have the best managers in the world and the European champions are also in the mix. Basically there's a high probability that the next manager isn't the one to gets us back to the top.

Unread 25-11-2021, 01:35 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
"I'd rather be coaching Pogba, Lingard and McFred than Mbappe, Messi and Neymar."

Unread 25-11-2021, 01:40 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Not sure how anyone can feel confident with any manager we've been linked with. They all come with question marks either on their CV or their suitability for what they will inherit. Even if they get us playing and winning, our two biggest rivals have the best managers in the world and the European champions are also in the mix. Basically there's a high probability that the next manager isn't the one to gets us back to the top.
there is no good news whilst the glazers exist.

Unread 25-11-2021, 01:51 AM
Stickman

The Poch hate feels a little try hard. Will it be the new top red position?

Stay tuned for more.

P.S. Was it weak management when SAF played Rooney injured at home v Bayern?

Do better nay sayers.

Unread 25-11-2021, 01:58 AM
marlo

Talking

fresh from drying their eyes in unison with a failing manager on his failed management they are not turning their nose up at an actual football manager.

an manager of pedigree that did well with little to no resources at Spurs, and then was hired on merit by another big club.

Unread 25-11-2021, 04:15 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
fresh from drying their eyes in unison with a failing manager on his failed management they are not turning their nose up at an actual football manager.

an manager of pedigree that did well with little to no resources at Spurs, and then was hired on merit by another big club.
I’ll never get how you could think Ole is a shrewd choice but Poch is a bad choice

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:14 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I’ll never get how you could think Ole is a shrewd choice but Poch is a bad choice
Has anyone actually said that?

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:18 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Has anyone actually said that?
Yes, if you swap the names around.

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:24 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Probably because no one ever said ole was a shrewd choice. He came in as interim after the ghoul was sacked - no one put his name forward as the permanent manager at that point. What then happened is he got the team playing, players and supporters started enjoying it again and he started to make changes to the squad that were widely supported and long overdue.

Supporters started to think ‘£#%&! me, wouldn’t it be ace if he turned out to be the one’ - especially given our failure with some supposed bigger more experienced names.

Poch isn’t being considered in that context - we’re currently looking for the best manager to take us forward. People are simply expressing reservations about him. My biggest one is that his more talented and expensive Tottenham side couldnt overcome the mighty Leicester when they were 9 point ahead of them at the top of the league in March.

If appointed, he will be the most appropriate manager we’ve had (on paper) since Fergie. People are just not entirely convinced that he will be the answer given his record and the structure of our club. Personally, we need a manage who will revolutionise the club - not just slot in to a shit structure.

That’s all. It really isn’t that hard to follow unless you’re determined to get into saffers playground internet gangs.

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:28 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Yes, if you swap the names around.

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:37 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Probably because no one ever said ole was a shrewd choice. He came in as interim after the ghoul was sacked - no one put his name forward as the permanent manager at that point. What then happened is he got the team playing, players and supporters started enjoying it again and he started to make changes to the squad that were widely supported and long overdue.

Supporters started to think ‘f*** me, wouldn’t it be ace if he turned out to be the one’ - especially given our failure with some supposed bigger more experienced names.

Poch isn’t being considered in that context - we’re currently looking for the best manager to take us forward. People are simply expressing reservations about him. My biggest one is that his more talented and expensive Tottenham side couldnt overcome the mighty Leicester when they were 9 point ahead of them at the top of the league in March.

If appointed, he will be the most appropriate manager we’ve had (on paper) since Fergie. People are just not entirely convinced that he will be the answer given his record and the structure of our club. Personally, we need a manage who will revolutionise the club - not just slot in to a shit structure.

That’s all. It really isn’t that hard to follow unless you’re determined to get into saffers playground internet gangs.
Pretty much this.

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:44 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Supporters started to think ‘f*** me, wouldn’t it be ace if he turned out to be the one’ - especially given our failure with some supposed bigger more experienced names.

Than this United side?

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:49 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

no resources the great spurs dont spend myth

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:50 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Than this United side?
Than Leicestoh pal

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:55 AM
woody78

Quote:

Supporters started to think ‘£#%&! me, wouldn’t it be ace if he turned out to be the one’ - especially given our failure with some supposed bigger more experienced names.

Is that actually true?

I thought Leicester were top for the last few months when they won it?

You meant Leicester were 9 ahead of spurs didn't you

Unread 25-11-2021, 09:00 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Is that actually true?

I thought Leicester were top for the last few months when they won it?

You meant Leicester were 9 ahead of spurs didn't you
No it isn't true. Spurs were never 9 points ahead.
Closed Thread