United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-09-2021, 07:22 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Euros hangover imo. Him, Shaw isn’t quite at full speed and Sancho tentative.
Shaw looked a lot better today tbh. Well apart from the penalty, what the £#%&! was he playing at (can smile now, just about)

Unread 19-09-2021, 07:23 PM
dunk

De Gea had conceded his previous 40 penalties

Unread 19-09-2021, 07:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
De Gea had conceded his previous 40 penalties
That must be including shoot outs. It said 22 on something earlier.

Last two saves both against Everton 🤣

Unread 19-09-2021, 07:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Shaw looked a lot better today tbh. Well apart from the penalty, what the £#%&! was he playing at (can smile now, just about)
I’ve got great sympathy with the handball. His arm is out for balance as he’s stretching to block the cross with his foot. It’s a natural position for his arm and the ball is only 6ft away, so no time to move it. Stupid rule, but takes away the inconsistency I suppose.

Unread 19-09-2021, 07:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I’ve got great sympathy with the handball. His arm is out for balance as he’s stretching to block the cross with his foot. It’s a natural position for his arm and the ball is only 6ft away, so no time to move it. Stupid rule, but takes away the inconsistency I suppose.
I dunno, mate. There’s a reason players put their hands behind their back these days. You simply can’t have your arm that far out this day and age.
It’s naive IMO.

The second it happened I thought that’s going to review and going to be given. He only didn’t give it in real time because he shit out of the Ronaldo one.

Atkinson had a dreadful game.

Still not over that second Ronaldo penalty appeal. An utterly outrageous decision.

Unread 19-09-2021, 07:28 PM
dunk

15 minutes talking about bringing Mark Noble on, no mention of the penalties we didn’t get

Unread 19-09-2021, 07:29 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Yeah, the whole squad seem very together. Bailly earlier:

Unread 19-09-2021, 07:31 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
15 minutes talking about bringing Mark Noble on, no mention of the penalties we didn’t get
It’s ridiculous isn’t it?

We get some, we don’t get some, but the coverage is like night and day.

All post-match of that Wolves game was discussing a potential foul by Pogba…. Before a player then ran 15 yards and scored on his own. Hardly an assist of a non-free kick.

That Ronaldo one COULD have had a massive impact on the game, but because it didn’t, they just gloss over it.

Unread 19-09-2021, 08:00 PM
goonlooca

29 away's unbeaten and counting.

Unread 19-09-2021, 08:12 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonlooca
29 away's unbeaten and counting.
Sack him!

Unread 19-09-2021, 08:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Sack him!
This. Only drew at Southampton.

Unread 19-09-2021, 08:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
This. Only drew at Southampton.
We are no longer merely aspiring to match city, but actually doing so

Unread 19-09-2021, 08:36 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
£#%&! off. Seriously???

Unread 19-09-2021, 08:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
£#%&! off. Seriously???
Yup. Even showed the snippet of Ole complaining about the Pogba foul on Zouma being given when there was no contact in comparison to Zouma clearing Ronaldo out, they didn’t even mention it.

Unread 19-09-2021, 08:53 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Yup. Even showed the snippet of Ole complaining about the Pogba foul on Zouma being given when there was no contact in comparison to Zouma clearing Ronaldo out, they didn’t even mention it.
That's frankly outrageous.

Unread 19-09-2021, 09:04 PM
dunk

I was a bit dubious about this one..

But that’s a £#%&!ing stonewaller as well, how is he supposed to avoid the leg?

Unread 19-09-2021, 09:05 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

https://twitter.com/caleb_mufc/statu...493475841?s=21

Yep. I could see why it wasn't given but having seen it again since. More of a pen than I thought.

Disgusting from the ref and VAR today.

Unread 19-09-2021, 09:07 PM
History

Quote:

https://twitter.com/caleb_mufc/statu...493475841?s=21

£#%&!ing hate VAR. Was so easy to give the benefit of the doubt to officials before it. Nothing wrong with genuine Human Error, however all VAR does is show it to be pure incompetence. Doesn't improve the game at all

Unread 19-09-2021, 09:07 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yep. I could see why it wasn't given but having seen it again since. More of a pen than I thought.

Disgusting from the ref and VAR today.
Trying to be as objective as I can be, fair enough if Atkinson didn't see it clearly, he can't give it.
But I'd love to hear from the shit@#%&!s on the VAR team as to why they a) didn't give it & b) why they didn't tell Atkinson to check it out on the monitor.

Unread 19-09-2021, 09:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Trying to be as objective as I can be, fair enough if Atkinson didn't see it clearly, he can't give it.
But I'd love to hear from the shit@#%&!s on the VAR team as to why they a) didn't give it & b) why they didn't tell Atkinson to check it out on the monitor.
This today along with the utterly baffling decision to overturn Walker's pen at City yesterday really does make you think what the £#%&! is going on with VAR this season.