United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2019, 11:56 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If we get Conte I’m killing Ed.

I tend to think it’ll be Poch first choice and then Zidane if he goes to Madrid.
Zidane can't speak English and communication / man management is a huge part of what he's good at
No chance he'll get it unless he learns English in the meantime but no sign that he is

Unread 04-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Do we still go for Pochettinno if he finishes behind Ole in the league, and goes out of Europe, and the FA cup before him
Yes, because he's been in the premier League challenging for years ..

Unread 04-01-2019, 11:58 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Yes, because he's been in the premier League challenging for years ..
"challenging"

Unread 04-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Do we still go for Pochettinno if he finishes behind Ole in the league, and goes out of Europe, and the FA cup before him
They may do. But neither of those things happening this season would mean ole is the better manager.

Didn't Jose finish above poch in the league and outlasted him in the fa cup last season?

Unread 04-01-2019, 12:38 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
They may do. But neither of those things happening this season would mean ole is the better manager.

Didn't Jose finish above poch in the league and outlasted him in the fa cup last season?

Yes, because he acted the @#%&!. Not because he isn’t a good manager.

(Noted : good managers don’t act the @#%&!)

Unread 04-01-2019, 12:52 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic

Ole is possibly a better manager because he’s actually been successful in the job and exceeded everything expected of him when appointed manager at molde.

Man management isn’t an issue, because that doesn’t change between molde and any other club. If he was good there, he’ll be good here. The only unknown for ole is tactical and buying/selling. His biggest barrier to success would be those above him and also how the dynamics would change if his appointment was made permanent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Yes, because he acted the @#%&!. Not because he isn’t a good manager.

(Noted : good managers don’t act the @#%&!)
It’s possible the club would consider a manager suing the club’s biggest shareholders as acting the @#%&!.

Unread 04-01-2019, 01:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Zidane can't speak English and communication / man management is a huge part of what he's good at
No chance he'll get it unless he learns English in the meantime but no sign that he is
Might be giving Ed a little too much credit there pal

Unread 04-01-2019, 01:41 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Might be giving Ed a little too much credit there pal
I heard some journo say that Zidane wouldn't take it if he didn't feel he could communicate as that's his main asset

Who knows
Let's enjoy the Ole train while it lasts

Unread 04-01-2019, 02:32 PM
Bunker Buster

The bald fraud can't speak the queen's

Jesus....

Unread 04-01-2019, 02:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
The bald fraud can't speak the queen's

Jesus....
Neither could King Claudio when he arrived. Greatest managerial achievement in Prem history

Could see ZZ turning it down for logical reasons and Ed just offering him more money.

Unread 04-01-2019, 02:55 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Neither could King Claudio when he arrived. Greatest managerial achievement in Prem history

Could see ZZ turning it down for logical reasons and Ed just offering him more money.
going by Edward's previous behaviour, I anticipate any decision will be late, hurried and cost an unnecessary fortune. ultimately resulting in failure.

Unread 04-01-2019, 03:08 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:

"So Zizou, £250k a week and a £200m warchest"
"je ne comprendes pas"
"Hardball is it pal, £275k a week, £200m warchest"
*shrugs*
"Appreciate your style, 3 european cup wins i get it, i do the same with our tyre partners, £300k a week £300m warchest"

Unread 04-01-2019, 03:10 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
going by Edward's previous behaviour, I anticipate any decision will be late, hurried and cost an unnecessary fortune. ultimately resulting in failure.

Unread 04-01-2019, 07:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Ole is possibly a better manager because he’s actually been successful in the job and exceeded everything expected of him when appointed manager at molde.

Man management isn’t an issue, because that doesn’t change between molde and any other club. If he was good there, he’ll be good here. The only unknown for ole is tactical and buying/selling. His biggest barrier to success would be those above him and also how the dynamics would change if his appointment was made permanent.

It’s possible the club would consider a manager suing the club’s biggest shareholders as acting the @#%&!.
It depends. I think these days it's moved from convincing players through leadership and in some cases fear, to convincing them with your methods and ideas. Solskjaer will never be disliked by players but there's a big difference between inspiring a bunch of Norwegian lads, especially with his status in his country, and doing it at the highest level in an international dressing room.

Mind you it's felt like a few United players have wanted to go back to the Fergie days of almost no tactical work, so maybe not

Unread 04-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah, Poch Number 1.

Dunno you know, I reckon Woodward has been planning on shifting Mourinho since summer, which is when Zidane was allegedly first contacted, but didn't want to do anything until a plan was in place. Allegedly contracted ZZ and offered again in October and he refused, then it looks like waited for the Norwegian season to end... Can't understand the move for ZZ when he's only just joined Juve in the role he's in.

Anyway, rather Ole than ZZ tbh.

Yep. I can't help thinking ZZ would prove to be another mercenary on a colossal contract with no real connection or bond with the club.. l think he did great things at Madrid but with the firepower and talent they have, the manager's role often seems ambassadorial.

Really hope Ole can do well at this level and move us on and earn the job permanently. Looking at comments threads elsewhere the ABUs are desperstely hoping it's another false dawn for us.

Unread 04-01-2019, 08:51 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Disagree.

He will get this one right.

Fourth time lucky... (jesus that sounds weird)

Unread 04-01-2019, 09:41 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
It depends. I think these days it's moved from convincing players through leadership and in some cases fear, to convincing them with your methods and ideas. Solskjaer will never be disliked by players but there's a big difference between inspiring a bunch of Norwegian lads, especially with his status in his country, and doing it at the highest level in an international dressing room.

Mind you it's felt like a few United players have wanted to go back to the Fergie days of almost no tactical work, so maybe not
You seem to be forgetting that Mick Shorts is a world renowned tactician.

Unread 07-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Sparky***

Unread 07-01-2019, 08:56 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
" this one time, at the Cliff, Keano glassed himself"

Unread 07-01-2019, 08:56 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Closed Thread