United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Switching Off

Default The Society of Black Lawyers is at it again

Peter Herbert of The Society of Black Lawyers is at it again

Quote:

Peter Herbert, who chairs the Society of Black Lawyers says this is not acceptable. He said: "It does not make a difference if it is Tottenham fans doing the chants or away fans - if they continue to do it we will report it to the police.

"There has to be zero tolerance and if that catches out Spurs then so be it."

Asked about Jewish fans themselves singing the chant, he said: "That's not acceptable either."

He added: "If neither Tottenham FC nor the FA are willing to take a stand then SBL will report the matter to the Metropolitan Police Service for investigation and, if necessary, prosecution.

"The report will be made if this behaviour does not cease by 20 November. We will have monitors in attendance to observe what occurs."
Spurs showing some common sense

Quote:
"Our position on this topic is very clear," a Tottenham statement read.

"The club does not tolerate any form of racist or abusive chanting.

"Our guiding principle in respect of the 'Y-word' is based on the point of law itself - the distinguishing factor is the intent with which it is used i.e. if it is used with the deliberate intention to cause offence. This has been the basis of prosecutions of fans of other teams to date.

"Our fans adopted the chant as a defence mechanism in order to own the term and thereby deflect anti-Semitic abuse. They do not use the term to others to cause any offence, they use it a chant amongst themselves.

"The club believes that real anti-Semitic abuse such as hissing to simulate the noise of gas chambers is the real evil and the real offence. We believe this is the area that requires a determined and concerted effort from all parties and where we seek greater support to eradicate.

Unread 07-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Fat Al

Isn't one of this Lawyer mob also part of Lionheart Terryblanche's management team?

Unread 07-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Peter Herbert of The Society of Black Lawyers is at it again

Spurs showing some common sense
I suggest you start a new thread for these @#%&!s. Something tells me they're going to be sticking their noses into all sorts of things they have nothing to do with.

Unread 07-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I suggest you start a new thread for these @#%&!s. Something tells me they're going to be sticking their noses into all sorts of things they have nothing to do with.
Couldnt give a monkeys.

Unread 07-11-2012, 09:59 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Couldnt give a monkeys.
Reported.

Unread 08-11-2012, 07:01 AM
believe

Thumbs up

In the confines of a football stadium self policing these issues is the perfect answer. Embracing the insult not only confuses the £#%&! out of the idiots that sling them but it eventually almost extinguishes it.

I remember the look on Leeds fans faces circa 97-98, when the whole away end at #@&%! Rd started doing the aeroplane and it was pretty similar at City, at the last game at Maine Rd.

What people tend to forget is that 99.9% of the people inside the stadiums are not offended or remotely affected by these chants one bit. It's the PC brigade or these @#%&!s, the SBL, who have nothing better to do and actually highlight the point. Let's be honest if this thread didn't exist not many of us would have a clue there was even a problem.

Much kudos to the PR people at Spurs for actually standing up and making a common sense point rather than toeing the party line and bending over for these @#%&!s who should be nowhere near the £#%&!ing game.

Unread 08-11-2012, 09:35 AM
TravellingRed

Is there a society of white lawyers?

Unread 08-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Cream

They're still lawyers.

Unread 08-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Mr_Ed

Or ginger lawyers?

Unread 08-11-2012, 10:03 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81
Is there a society of white lawyers?

Unread 08-11-2012, 10:48 AM
irk

from peter 'what a' herbert's website

Quote:
Peter has become an outspoken critic not of the need to try those responsible for genocide but of the failure of the ICTR and other Tribunals to live up to the international standards of a fair trial and not just to be a Court where only the “loosers” are placed on trial

wouldn't last two minutes on here

Unread 08-11-2012, 10:51 AM
forzagarza

They should be more inclusive by being called the Association of Lawyers of black origin

Unread 08-11-2012, 10:53 AM
irk

Quote:
Is it not a shame that there is becoming nowhere left were one can just enjoy oneself without having to worry about being politically correct.

I have been brought up as a racist as have the rest of my generation. No choice. I read the Eagle, Rover, Hotspur, etc. Germans were Huns or Krauts; Italians were Eyeties; Japanese were Nips; American blacks were ******* and every other foreigner was a Fuzzy-Wuzzy, *** or Dago.

Of course I do not use these words in polite society and I hope that my children and grandchildren never use them as they will have had a different education to me.

But forgive me, and others like me, as sometimes we just forget because it is ingrained - might just as well try to re-educate me and convince me that Cod Liver Oil and Malt and Marmite are not good for me.

a post from a Peterborough United website

Unread 08-11-2012, 10:55 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

a post from a Peterborough United website
indeed. He likes marmite!!!

Unread 08-11-2012, 09:09 PM
red in cumbria

You mean there are really people who *don't*??

Unread 09-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Spiffy

http://www.blacklawyer.org/

The website's down. It looks like this 'society' has 1 member, the shit stirrer. I hope the media don't give this clown any more air time, he should have gone on I'm A Celebrity like the rest of the talentless attention seekers.

Unread 09-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Spock

"I have been brought up as a racist as have the rest of my generation. No choice. I read the Eagle, Rover, Hotspur, etc. Germans were Huns or Krauts; Italians were Eyeties; Japanese were Nips; American blacks were ******* "

he's not wrong though about people of his generation. Not sure about the American Black comment but all the war comics used the other terms

Unread 09-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Since when was calling a spade a spade a crime anyway?

Unread 09-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Since when was calling a spade a spade a crime anyway?
I sometimes wonder if you're real or not. At times I think your PC is connected to an infinite amount of monkeys just pressing keys. Keep pressing them and sooner or later you'll post something irrelevant. In the spirit of irrelevance, here's a picture of Nicholas Cage with a bird on his head, I hope you like it.

Unread 09-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Pop

Anyone know a good black dentist? Getting a bit of jip from a molar.
Closed Thread