United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:43 AM
Clownbones

Default 4-4-2 the answer to the thin squad?

Martial and Rashford up top. Take the pressure off each other. Less running for Martial to not do.

Shite midfield options, so why play 3 when we could play 2. Pogba and Mctom.

James left, Lingard right. Both have work rate and energy to tuck in and cover the midfield if needed. Proper full backs behind them now too.

No need for Fred, Perrera or Matic.

Back five picks itself.

4 energetic players in the front 6. Two lazy talented bastards.

G & G to come on and cause mayhem.

Title in the bag.

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:48 AM
Baron

Pogba in a midfield 2

Unread 09-08-2019, 11:58 AM
Cream

I miss 442.

Lost with all these new fangled formations.

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:00 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Pogba in a midfield 2
Pogba next to a Animated Serbian parking meter is better?

Let's have it right, whoever we pick in midfield is gonna be an issue.

Lingard can tuck in when we don't have the ball.

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:13 PM
redhegemony

4-2-3-1

Matic and The Scottish Player

Rashford Pogba Perm 1

Martial

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:27 PM
flixton

3-5-2

DDG

Lindalof Maguire. Rojo

WB. Pogba McTominey Lingard. Shaw

Rashford Martial

Not ideal.

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:39 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Which one would actually help?

Fred is erratic and plays like he's got one of those muscle stimulators on.

Perrera is redundant.

Matic is a hazard.

I'm not sure any of them actually doing anything to offset the Pogba factor.
I think McTommer's has shown a bit more, especially toward the end of the season. He'll grow, and lets be honest, Fred was an integral part of a CL side before we shit@#%&!ed him up. Performed against City etc. It's about confidence & about formation. Instill both, we will get some balance. Just my 2p.

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:45 PM
MartialLaw

We'd get overrun in the middle.

................... Ddg
Awb smalling mcguire shaw
....... Mctommy garner
Greenwood pogba rashford
................ Martial

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:48 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw

................... Ddg
....... Mctommy garner
Greenwood pogba rashford
................ Martial
Garner

Really hope he gets some good run outs this season.

Clownbones

Quote:
I think McTommer's has shown a bit more, especially toward the end of the season. He'll grow, and lets be honest, Fred was an integral part of a CL side before we shit@#%&!ed him up. Performed against City etc. It's about confidence & about formation. Instill both, we will get some balance. Just my 2p.
Mctommyknickers was assumed. He'll be good this season. Can't do it on his own though.

I've championed Fred on here before, but he's got a big turnaround to make.

AK14

Quote:
Which one would actually help?

Fred is erratic and plays like he's got one of those muscle stimulators on.

Perrera is redundant.

Matic is a hazard.

I'm not sure any of them actually doing anything to offset the Pogba factor.
If only..

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw

................... Ddg
....... Mctommy garner
Greenwood pogba rashford
................ Martial
We would get more overrun with that.

Unread 09-08-2019, 12:52 PM
Baron

Quote:
Mctommyknickers was assumed. He'll be good this season. Can't do it on his own though.

I've championed Fred on here before, but he's got a big turnaround to make.
100% agree, but... we have what we have. I think he has quality, a lot of it is adapting, the pace of the PL is a joke. He needs to know where to play, who is playing, what to expect etc. Unless you are really special, the middle of the park is where the least space & time is. I've seen him play games where he's pinging it about first time off either foot, but that is before he joined us. Confidence & all that. Only way to build confidence is to play him & trust him, grow something & ideally with a partnership. I think Maguire will help as well, we don't have the most vocal of defence & Maguire also plays out - less hospital balls for Fred / McTommers to field with any luck.

Unread 09-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
100% agree, but... we have what we have. I think he has quality, a lot of it is adapting, the pace of the PL is a joke. He needs to know where to play, who is playing, what to expect etc. Unless you are really special, the middle of the park is where the least space & time is. I've seen him play games where he's pinging it about first time off either foot, but that is before he joined us. Confidence & all that. Only way to build confidence is to play him & trust him, grow something & ideally with a partnership. I think Maguire will help as well, we don't have the most vocal of defence & Maguire also plays out - less hospital balls for Fred / McTommers to field with any luck.
Dont disagree with any of that

Unread 09-08-2019, 01:56 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Fred it is then
Would hugely prefer Fred than Lingard tucking in and James on the left

Agree with Baron. If we’re keeping Fred, we have to give him a run. As utterly dreadful he has been at times, there could be a player there. Doubt it matters as I expect Matic to start for a while.

Unread 09-08-2019, 01:58 PM
jem

stop thinking about pogba as a midfielder. that should help. anyone who thinks he should play in a 4-2-3-1 in the 2 is insane. in an attacking / free role, fine, but in a position of responsibilty with attention required? £#%&! off.

also, anyone slating matic is a £#%&!wit. we don't have any better defensive midfielders. he could do with a couple of assistants. then play pogba behind martial and rashford.

no player is good enough if he has play on his own and the system is shit.

Unread 09-08-2019, 02:42 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
stop thinking about pogba as a midfielder. that should help. anyone who thinks he should play in a 4-2-3-1 in the 2 is insane. in an attacking / free role, fine, but in a position of responsibilty with attention required? £#%&! off.

also, anyone slating matic is a £#%&!wit. we don't have any better defensive midfielders. he could do with a couple of assistants. then play pogba behind martial and rashford.

no player is good enough if he has play on his own and the system is shit.
What a sad state of affairs that you can’t rely on a 90m pound player to be remotely arsed when we don’t have the ball. When I think about how to compile the best 11 out of this squad, it’s far more about covering for what certain players can’t or won’t do than capitalizing on what they can.

Unread 09-08-2019, 03:49 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
What a sad state of affairs that you can’t rely on a 90m pound player to be remotely arsed when we don’t have the ball. When I think about how to compile the best 11 out of this squad, it’s far more about covering for what certain players can’t or won’t do than capitalizing on what they can.
he wasn't a £90mio player. he might be now.

it is sad, but there is no denying that his ability to mark, track, generally be aware and bust a gut to cover back are lacking. like everything else 90% of thdle time. absolute lazy, talent-wasting £#%&!wit.

Unread 09-08-2019, 04:00 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Martial and Rashford up top. Take the pressure off each other. Less running for Martial to not do.

Shite midfield options, so why play 3 when we could play 2. Pogba and Mctom.

James left, Lingard right. Both have work rate and energy to tuck in and cover the midfield if needed. Proper full backs behind them now too.

No need for Fred, Perrera or Matic.

Back five picks itself.

4 energetic players in the front 6. Two lazy talented bastards.

G & G to come on and cause mayhem.

Title in the bag.

Unread 09-08-2019, 04:52 PM
Marvel7

Believe our biggest problem last season was creativity, without Pogba nobody made chances. Nothing from the full backs, nothing from the rest of the midfield and as much as I like Martial and Rashford they don’t create either. Without a bringing in a midfielder or a creative right side option I believe we have no choice but to hope that the creative players we have bought can stop being useless and contribute.

De Gea

Wan Bissaka Lindelöf Maguire Shaw

Fred The Scottish Player Pogba

Sanchez

Rashford Martial
Closed Thread