United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-12-2014, 11:14 AM
ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Don't know which word you're referring to as it has been *********d. If you mean the "n" word, I suggest you read the post again and/or take a cold shower. If you mean any of the other terms I suggest you stop being such a precious @#%&! and next time you go out, make sure you keep a tight hold of mummy's hand. I'm not offended by being called rosbief or a Pom and have a Norwegian mate who quite likes being called a noggie and don't see any of those listed any different.
It's the one referring to Pakistani, the fact that you can't see the difference or the problem says more about you being an Alf Garnett £#%&!pot than anyone else being a precious @#%&! you £#%&!ing helmet.

Unread 08-12-2014, 03:18 AM
Denis Irwell

So an abbreviation of "Pakistani" is offensive? Routinely used here on news media and sports programmes, just like Windies etc. Any perceived offence offence is purely between your ears. As for Alf Garnett, just try growing up mate, you'll find it easier to cope.

Unread 08-12-2014, 08:33 AM
crossfirehurricane

Quote:
So an abbreviation of "Pakistani" is offensive? Routinely used here on news media and sports programmes, just like Windies etc. Any perceived offence offence is purely between your ears. As for Alf Garnett, just try growing up mate, you'll find it easier to cope.
Yes, is this news to you?

Unread 08-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Paul Smith

Quote:
Of course!, it's all about context / intention though.

Unread 08-12-2014, 09:27 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:

Try understanding frames of reference and perspective. It is to do with other people's perception.

This childlike defence you have, shows such limited understanding I lose hope, I really do.

Unread 08-12-2014, 09:35 AM
shenwen

Football

Quote:
Where's here?

I'm guessing Australia, although if you are an expat, that is no excuse for not knowing

I work with Aussies and they know only too well that calling someone a *** outside of their home country is not going to go down too well

Unread 08-12-2014, 09:38 AM
andyroo

Down with this sort of ting!

Unread 08-12-2014, 09:41 AM
forzagarza

If these Pakistanis don't start realising that p**i isn't offensive then someone needs to go round and beat it into them that it's just friendly banter. Same goes for the Indians who are obviously also Pakistanis.

Wibble

Unread 08-12-2014, 10:13 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smith
Of course!, it's all about context / intention though.

.....and finally. Bingo......"Although I did say the same several posts ago in response to somebody talking about where to draw the line before we started getting all scouse and offended. If you are offended by this term, I would suggest that it is because of the context which you use it. Yep, I've been in oz a few years now and they/we use the term without any offence given or taken. Your problem. You obviously have negative intentions in using the term. Perhaps you need to look at your use of the term. Thought you might've grown out of it but seems Alf Garnett is alive and well. Anyway, **** aside, can we say "jock" or even "Dave"?

Still, missing the original point and cherry picking one of several terms that were put forward for discussion. Should've known better.

Unread 08-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
Try understanding frames of reference and perspective. It is to do with other people's perception.

This childlike defence you have, shows such limited understanding I lose hope, I really do.
Maybe look at it this way, if it is only the UK that has a problem with an abbreviation of Pakistani, perhaps you should give up. I really thought things had moved on a bit.

Unread 08-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Whip Hubley

You can justify the use of the word all you like, but it's not for the user to judge who should and shouldn't be offended by it.

Yes, I take words like that in context. However I'm a white guy ffs, the only thing that offends me is when my latte isn't hot enough. You can't call someone a word which you know could be derogatory, and then get upset when they get upset. Just don't use it in the first place unless you're a comedian etc - like Louis - and create the context in the first place.

Unread 08-12-2014, 11:22 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Maybe look at it this way, if it is only the UK that has a problem with an abbreviation of Pakistani, perhaps you should give up. I really thought things had moved on a bit.
You're a £#%&!ing #@&%! and more stupid than the average Australian which is saying something. There is no racism in this because A is an abbreviation of Australian in parts of Shropshire

Unread 08-12-2014, 12:20 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

This defence:

See " it's only a laugh mate, no sense of humour these( enter racial epithet)."

Aren't they touchy these etc etc

Show some curtesy. I wouldn't use yank paddy or jock etc in new company from those countries. Let alone **** / coloured / half caste - which ever 1970s term you think "they" should have no problem with.

Bet you still pat women on the bum in the office - grow up.

Unread 08-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Denis Irwell

A pretty sad indictment upon yourselves that you've got yourselves in knots over it to such a degree that a simple abbreviation has become taboo because of your own negative connotations and it is so negatively ingrained in your minds. Thought you might've moved on a bit by now. ....and you call Aussies racist. you can't even civilly discuss it. This was simply one of several names and the rest are ignored whilst you wet yourselves over your own racist connotations of the word that is fine anywhere else in the world. Backward Britain or what? The Wealdstone raider is in good company.

Ashton: you should know pal - one of the worst areas for backward @#%&!s

Forza, you try too hard pal and just end up looking like a 12 year old trying to impress the big lads

Unread 08-12-2014, 12:24 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

You appear to lack the ability to reason. For that reason I'm out.

Unread 08-12-2014, 12:27 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
This defence:

See " it's only a laugh mate, no sense of humour these( enter racial epithet)."

Aren't they touchy these etc etc

Show some curtesy. I wouldn't use yank paddy or jock etc in new company from those countries. Let alone **** / coloured / half caste - which ever 1970s term you think "they" should have no problem with.

Bet you still pat women on the bum in the office - grow up.
you the £#%&! do you think youre calling "etc etc" ...you grammarist

i bet youre so PC, you darent move in case you offend someone

Unread 08-12-2014, 12:30 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
You appear to lack the ability to reason. For that reason I'm out.
I´m leaving with Dakota.

Slams the door

Unread 08-12-2014, 01:01 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
I´m leaving with Dakota.

Slams the door
Youre not really here, your not really here..
Closed Thread