United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Bit iffy that they only mentioned it right at the end, despite the fact that Kamara and Jones would have played with Speed at Leeds.

Didn't want to let a sudden death get in the way of the "banter" and showing clips of Jones on Top of the Pops and in Lock Stock...
If it was an editorial decision not to let Kamara and Jones know then they have every right to be quite angry. I could be seeing things to fit what I want to see but in the last segment of the show there was an almost hysterical edge to Jones's banter that was not there previously.

Not that it really matters, difficult situation for everyone in the game , Neville and Souness look stunned as well. How can Bellamy play today now either?

Unread 27-11-2011, 02:06 PM
red in cumbria

Doing well in his new job, well respected by his fellow pros, by all accounts with a happy and settled family life........

Makes you think.

Unread 27-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Like everyone, I'm hugely shocked by this. Can't believe it; his working life seemed to be going so well. Everybody has their own demons though, and no matter one's status in life, you can't always escape them.

R.I.P a damn fine footballer.

Unread 27-11-2011, 02:10 PM
originalhogg

Knocked me sideways, just trying to remember what he was like on football focus now.

Unread 27-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Doing well in his new job, well respected by his fellow pros, by all accounts with a happy and settled family life........

Makes you think.
Scary that he seemed so normal on football focus yesterday. Didn't seem in any way preoccupied or distracted, as you might expect given what has happened.

Unread 27-11-2011, 02:13 PM
The Return of JC

£#%&!in hell!

Shocking news.

Why would?.....I mean, what the £#%&!?.....but.....Just £#%&!ing hell!

Unread 27-11-2011, 02:14 PM
dunk

It doesn't make any sense

If he did have demons caused by depression that could lead him to take his own life, how did he manage such a magnificent career, on and off the pitch, with no signs of it, ever? Madness.

It's absolutely £#%&!ing tragic.

Unread 27-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Mr_Ed

Sad, sad news. As the father of two kids he must have been in some state if he's done himself in... It's them I feel for.

Unread 27-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Ginners

couldnt imagine doing that if you had young kids, something bad must have triggered it

Unread 27-11-2011, 02:17 PM
redmike

Awful news.

Unread 27-11-2011, 02:24 PM
magic_cantona

Hung himself after a row with his wife is what I'm hearing.

Awful.

Unread 27-11-2011, 02:43 PM
no fun

one of about 5 men that the peg seller found attractive

Unread 27-11-2011, 02:45 PM
hopkins

Awful news

Unread 27-11-2011, 02:58 PM
believe

I only let him go on soccer manager a few momths ago. I feel £#%&!ing terrible.

RIP

Unread 27-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Pop

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
(too soon for rawk?).
Probably, however I can't help myself. They've just banned somebody who disagreed with a minutes applause in favour of silence at the Swansea game.

And another grief monkey claims he's in 'floods of tears' as he's typing.

Another has suggested he hanged himself by accident and another is blaming Sky/the media.

Unread 27-11-2011, 03:06 PM
BarryX

£#%&!ing horrible news. Can't believe he just went ahead and decided to hang himself - would have thought it would take a little planning. Surely something has gone on with his Mrs (or gotton on top of her)...it just makes no sense.

Unread 27-11-2011, 03:18 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

£#%&!ing horrible news. Can't believe he just went ahead and decided to hang himself - would have thought it would take a little planning. Surely something has gone on with his Mrs (or gotton on top of her)...it just makes no sense.
jokes about rain greggs doing the rounds already

Unread 27-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Somebody posted something about something last night before any of this broke...

Unread 27-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Hope that's not true... That's a big old shit storm that

Unread 27-11-2011, 03:40 PM
MUFC One Love

Genuinely gutted. I seen it on Twitter before when I was out with my Dad, we were both shocked and gutted.
Closed Thread