Ole IN - let's get on with the rebuild. 92 81.42%
Ole OUT - I've wet my shorts and want Big Sam. 21 18.58%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 08-10-2019, 12:19 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Ole needs to show something on the pitch. Mental to commit to a full rebuild with him because we like the fact he sold Fellaini. When you have no real history of success in management, surely you have to be demonstrating something in the present to warrant such faith? Otherwise we're essentially giving him time and money just because he played for us. Are we that lacking in ideas and hope now?

I reckon he'll stay this season but right now it's hard to see him here beginning of next.
Records?

I think Pochettino must be lacking something. That talk of leaving if Tottenham were to win the CL was just weird and unnecessary. Maybe that's an insight into his character. Sabotaging success with unusual behaviour that seeps through to his team.

Ole? I don't see anything particularly worrying. Solid enough to win a couple of titles in lil ol Norway. Shows potential if nothing else.

Unread 08-10-2019, 12:39 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Records?

I think Pochettino must be lacking something. That talk of leaving if Tottenham were to win the CL was just weird and unnecessary. Maybe that's an insight into his character. Sabotaging success with unusual behaviour that seeps through to his team.

Ole? I don't see anything particularly worrying. Solid enough to win a couple of titles in lil ol Norway. Shows potential if nothing else.

Unread 08-10-2019, 12:51 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Records?

Unread 08-10-2019, 03:40 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
You don’t seem to understand what a rebuild is, from such fundamental issues and with a board that won’t do it all at once like at city.

The last time we rebuilt was in the eighties. That was hardly a linear process.
No it wasn’t.

Unread 08-10-2019, 06:49 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
No it wasn’t.
Innit. Fergie himself must have rebuilt the side 4 or 5 times ffs

Unread 08-10-2019, 07:42 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Obviously I disagree. People forget. The latest is always the worst.

2 of those were reserve teams btw.

And it’s this reactionary short term thinking that has us where we are. Surely the board can’t sack a manager 10% into his plan when they’re the reason the weaknesses going into this season exist.
I think it plays into the boards hands tbh. They dnt care about winning and losing. But the longer they keep him in the more people will be against ole ( unless he turns it around).

The team will be talked and talked about and they get their "likes". Whilst i believe old should stay, the board will simply keep him on as a shield for themselves. Sack him now and the board will get shit.

Keep him for 7 months whilst the shite continues, they go go with the " we are patient" etc etc . Then eventually sack him and let this shit show continue.

If the board had any interest in developing and backing ole, they would have had a DOF in place with a proper recruitment team. Last dec woodward started to "look"?

Players hide behind the manager and behind them the board do.

Unread 08-10-2019, 07:59 AM
Cream

Exclamation

Unread 08-10-2019, 08:10 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

Unread 08-10-2019, 08:17 AM
AK14

Quote:
Ole needs to show something on the pitch. Mental to commit to a full rebuild with him because we like the fact he sold Fellaini. When you have no real history of success in management, surely you have to be demonstrating something in the present to warrant such faith? Otherwise we're essentially giving him time and money just because he played for us. Are we that lacking in ideas and hope now?

I reckon he'll stay this season but right now it's hard to see him here beginning of next.
This.

Unread 08-10-2019, 12:52 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Innit. Fergie himself must have rebuilt the side 4 or 5 times ffs
They weren’t rebuilds. They were evolution from already solid foundations. Like my original post says, some people don’t understand what a rebuild is. They want to see the roof before the foundations are even in place.

The only time fergie has rebuilt from a screwed up dressing room culture was in the eighties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Some people look down at the gutter, others look up at the stars.

Unread 08-10-2019, 01:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
We don't know if he's spent the money well yet tbf. We'll see over the course of the season.

Not sure if watching Maguire's defending for the Aubameyang and Longstaff goals has me thinking it's £80m well spent just yet.

But if he does prove to have a good eye for a player, it's a decent argument for keeping him in spite of poor results should an obvious appointment not emerge. Wonder just how low he can afford to finish in the table though, as right now it looks 8th at best.
And of course Palace's first...

8th was my prediction at the start of the season, and that was without going weeks with no Pogba, Martial etc. Just nowhere near enough goals in this side to get any higher. IF we score 50 I'll be impressed.

Unless something drastic/divine happens in Jan, obvs.

Unread 08-10-2019, 01:56 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
And of course Palace's first...

8th was my prediction at the start of the season, and that was without going weeks with no Pogba, Martial etc. Just nowhere near enough goals in this side to get any higher. IF we score 50 I'll be impressed.

Unless something drastic/divine happens in Jan, obvs.
We've sent scouts to watch Moussa Dembele, apparently.

Unread 08-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
They weren’t rebuilds. They were evolution from already solid foundations. Like my original post says, some people don’t understand what a rebuild is. They want to see the roof before the foundations are even in place.

The only time fergie has rebuilt from a screwed up dressing room culture was in the eighties.
Can you define rebuild then? Is it only when we stop the clock and a whole team plus the club 'culture' is replaced? Surely any and all rebuilds are done over time and will likely include some players staying whilst others are replaced (evolved if you like)...

Fergie himself reckons he did 3 in ten years.
Quote:
"We have created three teams in 10 years here, and it is possible we are on the way to building another one," Ferguson said.

"And if we do, obviously new players can come in. We have trusted and believed in the nucleus of our squad, which has been there for a long time.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...sstory.sport15

Unread 08-10-2019, 03:05 PM
Sparky***

Unread 08-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Jethro

So no thought process behind it just a loss to Norwich. Mint.

Unread 08-10-2019, 03:15 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
So no thought process behind it just a loss to Norwich. Mint.

Unread 08-10-2019, 03:17 PM
Ethers

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell

Unread 08-10-2019, 03:39 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Dont we play Liverpool next?

What it we beat them but lose to Norwich?

Unread 08-10-2019, 03:48 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Dont we play Liverpool next?

What it we beat them but lose to Norwich?
then it'll be typical United.

Unread 08-10-2019, 03:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Peter Pan has voted IN.

not said a word in 13 years, nieces in the process...

Closed Thread