United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
vBookie Event: AZ Alkmaar v Manchester United (Football)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
AZ Alkmaar v Manchester United (Football)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
AZ Alkmaar 2/1 (2.00) 2 10136  
Manchester United 6/4 F (1.50) 5 17259  
Draw 5/2 (2.50) 3 74300 WIN!

Unread 03-10-2019, 10:26 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Could do with his whipped in crosses from the left tbf.
Probably gave him too much money. Wrecked him.

Unread 03-10-2019, 11:02 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

5th most expensive signing in United's history is Fred.

Unread 03-10-2019, 11:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by saayfooty
Good coaching.
As already said, on this basis both LvG and Mourinho - two of the most decorated managers in the game - were terrible coaches. With us anyway. So why with us, not elsewhere?

Or maybe at least a large part of the problem is actually something else??

Unread 04-10-2019, 12:34 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
He’s got to go now, it’s beyond a £#%&!ing joke tbh.
#@&%!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
How about

“Tough match, difficult pitch. We didn’t play well but coming away with a draw from possibly the toughest match in our group is a decent result”

Doesn’t have to tell the truth about how awful we were but just don’t talk utter shite about a good performance and should have got 3 points
Ok, so he should talk shite without talking utter shite. I can see why that would be so much better.

Unread 04-10-2019, 03:38 AM
shenwen

Nothing match, couldn't care less about the result.

But...
...would be nice if we could use these games to try something, anything. Something beyond the confirmation that our young players are not ready and our senior squad players are not good enough. Looking completely clueless. Feels like Ole picks 11 players and says go out and play football. Schoolyard stuff.

Unread 04-10-2019, 04:20 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
#@&%!.

Ok, so he should talk shite without talking utter shite. I can see why that would be so much better.
yeah let’s keep him even though everyone can see he’s a shit coach. We are the worst coached side in the league, we’re just lucky we have better individuals than the teams below us

Unread 04-10-2019, 05:50 AM
puressence

that pass fred did first half just knocked it to nobody straight out of play

Unread 04-10-2019, 06:30 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
that pass fred did first half just knocked it to nobody straight out of play
You make it sound as though it was only the one!

He was £#%&!ing diabolical. He managed to look the worse player in a United shirt by some distance, which was some doing last night with Matic, Mata and Rojo helping to stink out the place.

I've not seen him have one good game for us yet, or even half decent game. A signing that sums up everything currently wrong with the club.

I'm not to down on the young lads, it's going to take time for them to bed in. It's says a lot though when The Scottish Player comes onto the pitch and makes more happen in 5 minutes, than three players that cost us about £135mil and have shed loads of experience in European football could do in about 75 minutes.

Until The Scottish Player came on, no one in that midfield wanted to take responsibility for creating the chances we needed to create. Matic, Fred and Mata. A triangle of shite.

Unread 04-10-2019, 07:06 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
You make it sound as though it was only the one!

He was £#%&!ing diabolical. He managed to look the worse player in a United shirt by some distance, which was some doing last night with Matic, Mata and Rojo helping to stink out the place.

I've not seen him have one good game for us yet, or even half decent game. A signing that sums up everything currently wrong with the club.

I'm not to down on the young lads, it's going to take time for them to bed in. It's says a lot though when The Scottish Player comes onto the pitch and makes more happen in 5 minutes, than three players that cost us about £135mil and have shed loads of experience in European football could do in about 75 minutes.

Until The Scottish Player came on, no one in that midfield wanted to take responsibility for creating the chances we needed to create. Matic, Fred and Mata. A triangle of shite.
i couldnt be arsed writing a match report on him , that one stood out .

Unread 04-10-2019, 07:20 AM
believe

“£#%&! the Europa, if he’s got any sense he’ll just play the kids and reserves to give them experience”

Plays the kids and reserves

“@#%&!”

Unread 04-10-2019, 07:25 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
“£#%&! the Europa, if he’s got any sense he’ll just play the kids and reserves to give them experience”

Plays the kids and reserves

“@#%&!”

I think people would be fine with it if we were putting decent performances in the league.

We aren't.

It's all shit.

Unread 04-10-2019, 07:30 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

I think people would be fine with it if we were putting decent performances in the league.

We aren't.

It's all shit.
Unfortunately, like you said on another thread, the biggest problem is that most of them just aren’t good enough. You’ve got to admire Ole and what he’s trying to do but he’s so far out of his depth it’s becoming a bit embarrassing now. If we don’t get a result Sunday I think he’ll be gone and if I’m honest it might be the best for all concerned.

Unread 04-10-2019, 07:58 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Unfortunately, like you said on another thread, the biggest problem is that most of them just aren’t good enough. You’ve got to admire Ole and what he’s trying to do but he’s so far out of his depth it’s becoming a bit embarrassing now. If we don’t get a result Sunday I think he’ll be gone and if I’m honest it might be the best for all concerned.
I am all for playing kids if they are there on merit and improve the side. Our kid's don't with the exceptional of The Scottish Player and potentially Greenwood. I'm not getting too excited about Daddy as we have here before with Macheda and look how he turned out although, granted, he does look the businesses and can finish. I was wrong about The Scottish Player, he is becoming a key player although I did say before the start of the season this will be his season. Chong, for all his potential, has looked poor. Gomes is a nothing player.

You only have to look at Chelsea and see how well players like Mount and Temori are doing to see integrating kids can work but the difference is Chelsea still have a lot of experienced players in there with them but, to be fair, they spent a year in the Championship. That is what should have happened with Chong and Gomes before people like AK14 are demanding they be in the team. Same with Garner, everyone hailing as the next best thing but he has no experience and the fact he has been nowhere near the first team despite our obvious problems in the middle of the park says a lot.

I know people want Ole to succeed, I did too, but you have got to be realistic - it's not going to get better. He may 'get us' but, sadly, the club and what we have at our disposal is a far from the Manchester United he used to know.

Unread 04-10-2019, 08:11 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Don't think he's anywhere close to getting tinned at all. Do people really think he is

Unread 04-10-2019, 08:12 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Way too early to be talking sacking. He could lose 6 on the bounce from this weekend and he still wouldn't get sacked anyway.

Unread 04-10-2019, 08:12 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Don't think he's anywhere close to getting tinned at all. Do people really think he is
Of course he is. This can't continue. If we miss out on the CL, for which the Europa is our best shot, we lose half of the Adidas money. The club know that.

Unread 04-10-2019, 08:13 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
I didn’t until pure mentioned it earlier, now I’m convinced.

Unread 04-10-2019, 08:21 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
As already said, on this basis both LvG and Mourinho - two of the most decorated managers in the game - were terrible coaches. With us anyway. So why with us, not elsewhere?

Or maybe at least a large part of the problem is actually something else??
Rashford and Martial thrived under LvG.

Unfortunately after ten months there’s no real indication that we are being coached. That’s worrying. The young players especially shouldn’t look this defeated.

Unread 04-10-2019, 08:32 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Probably gave him too much money. Wrecked him.

Nah, I heard it was his lack of One-two’s that was the final nail in his coffin here.

Unread 04-10-2019, 10:40 AM
marlo

it’s not ole’s fault
It’s a shit competition
We are playing our kids and reserves
Mourinho is bad bad bad
Rashford is going through things off the pitch
This is transition

the fact still remains we are now at a stage where we didn’t even register a shot on target in the europa league....
It’s unacceptable and we are now even saying “we aren’t good enough to win it”...standard have dropped so much but because our manager used to be our squad striker let’s pretend he isnt leading us into an abyss