United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Big transfer window for him.
His football has largely been utter turd. Let’s see how we’re going around Christmas time before binning him off.
Giving him control of transfers for the next window could damage us for years. We need to move on from him as soon as possible, he can't give us the type of football we want, not once in his entire managerial career has he coached a team to play the type of football the majority of United supporters want to see. The hope that he would be different at United has long since disappeared, at best he'll build a team of powerful grafters, who first, and foremost will always be looking to stop the opposition.

Unread 05-05-2018, 08:53 AM
Pop

I'd have Kloop over him any day of the week.

There, I've said it!

Unread 05-05-2018, 08:58 AM
My Name is Heath

We are like battered spouses.

He spends all his time abusing us and every now and then he will bring us a bunch of flowers/decent half of football and we are all giddy at being happy again we forget the crap.

Sorry - but it’s time to start an escape plan. We must still sing his name/cook his breakfast but should be on the look out for The Great Escape.

This will only get worse.

We should remember we became a massive worldwide club not because of trophies (otherwise the world would have loved Fenerbache or Sporting Lisbon or whatever) but through exciting football. Not this character less shite.

Unread 05-05-2018, 09:13 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Giving him control of transfers for the next window could damage us for years. We need to move on from him as soon as possible, he can't give us the type of football we want, not once in his entire managerial career has he coached a team to play the type of football the majority of United supporters want to see. The hope that he would be different at United has long since disappeared, at best he'll build a team of powerful grafters, who first, and foremost will always be looking to stop the opposition.
Bad result last night and we've had other performances like this but there has been progress under Mou. If we'd played champagne football for the past two seasons and won nothing the same question would be asked of Mou's management right now.

If Rashford can't square a ball to Martial for 0-1 that is on the player and his decision making.
Mou was as frustrated as anyone else.

He needs a more positive approach next season and with the right players think we'll find the right formula.

Unread 05-05-2018, 10:08 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I'd have Kloop over him any day of the week.

There, I've said it!

Unread 05-05-2018, 10:25 AM
Stickman

Doing a full 180 because we lost. Ffs

That said, next season is going to be shit.

Unread 05-05-2018, 10:32 AM
Mr_Ed

It’s shite is what it is... i don’t think I’ve enjoyed more than 5 games this whole season. Awful watch...

For him to question our heritage and then watch the vermin get to the final is particularly galling.

Want the season to end now but I’m not optimistic for next either.

Unread 05-05-2018, 10:36 AM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Agreed

As an older red (my first season watching we got relegated) so I'm no Jcl,PlayStation generation spoiled c*** and I have watched us through thick and thin.

But watching us at the moment feels like I waste a few hours where I could be doing something else.

I can think of about 6 good games this season and I they are 12 halves of seperates games
This.
I started going the year after you.

It's that feeling that I could be doing something else instead of watching us that's the killer. I love United. The club is in my blood. Parents, grandparents on both sides all massive United fans.
I even got my season ticket in the approximate location where my grandad, and later my dad, had his.
Yep, I sound RAWK-esque. Don't care. But I'm now too old to spend time watching this turgid shit.

I think it's worse than watching the late 70s Sexton games too, although we're doing better than we did in the Sexton years, IIRC we were finishing 9th or 10th then.
But it's so hard to watch.

Unread 05-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
The only thing I can say is that I’m still a coach with worries, with ambitions and with the desire to do new things. And I don’t believe ... no, I’m sure that I won’t end my career here.

The other day my son who lives in London went to Paris and not to Manchester to watch the match,” Mourinho said. Asked why his son chose that option, the United manager added: “Because at the moment in Paris there is something special. Magic, quality, youth, it’s fantastic.”

Warning signs were there....

No desire for the club....

Unread 05-05-2018, 10:41 AM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
We were gutless and clueless last night and his football is Joyless, dull and unimaginative. But, for the 'justified ancients of moo moo' brigade on here (I love it Keith) all will be forgiven if Jose wins us the FA cup. I can hear them now ''his third major trophy in his first two seasons who else would have done that etc etc? ''

It's going to be interesting for me if we do win the FA Cup. I suspect that after the initial euphoria, which will last about an hour, I'll be back down to earth with a bump.
What I saw last night is what we are. A team with no identity and no game plan, that look as if they've never played together before, and where nobody is arsed.

It's not going to change.

I've said it before. There's nothing I'd like better than to be posting here next year saying I was wrong, how great the season had been and that Mou Mou* is a football genius. But lads, that's not gonna happen.

*I hate this 'Mou Mou' shit btw, but after last night's dismal performace and his post-match, somehow it seems appropriate.

Unread 05-05-2018, 10:47 AM
Buck

Unread 05-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

‘Magic, quality, youth’ - or ‘unlimited budget’ as it’s otherwise known.

If he loves that joke of a club so much he can £#%&! off there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Not a fan of that particular rebrand personally
Any trophy that used to be shared is a joke. United fans counting it makes me cringe

Unread 05-05-2018, 10:51 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
It’s shite is what it is... i don’t think I’ve enjoyed more than 5 games this whole season. Awful watch...

For him to question our heritage and then watch the vermin get to the final is particularly galling.

Want the season to end now but I’m not optimistic for next either.
yep, spot on.

This bizarre idea that next season will be different because all he needs is to spend more money is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard.
Oh I'm sure he'll give Eds chequebook a good seeing to, but he isn't suddenly going to have us playing good football. That doesn't interest him in the slightest.

He wants a team of methodical 6ft plussers who power their way to a League title with a series of disciplined, tactical 1 or 2 nil wins.
Entertaining the fans isn't part of the plan & never will be.

Unread 05-05-2018, 10:57 AM
75Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Yep. And I was stupid enough to believe that it really was his dream job.

Unread 05-05-2018, 11:02 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
We are like battered spouses.

He spends all his time abusing us and every now and then he will bring us a bunch of flowers/decent half of football and we are all giddy at being happy again we forget the crap.

Sorry - but it’s time to start an escape plan. We must still sing his name/cook his breakfast but should be on the look out for The Great Escape.

This will only get worse.

We should remember we became a massive worldwide club not because of trophies (otherwise the world would have loved Fenerbache or Sporting Lisbon or whatever) but through exciting football. Not this character less shite.
Spot on Jez

We’re enabling him every time we get a spark of excitement about second and a cup.

He’s not changing.

Unread 05-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
yep, spot on.

This bizarre idea that next season will be different because all he needs is to spend more money is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard.
Oh I'm sure he'll give Eds chequebook a good seeing to, but he isn't suddenly going to have us playing good football. That doesn't interest him in the slightest.

He wants a team of methodical 6ft plussers who power their way to a League title with a series of disciplined, tactical 1 or 2 nil wins.
Entertaining the fans isn't part of the plan & never will be.
Yes, and it is not as if his off field act is fun anymore. Heading in the direction of being the first EMO OAP.

Unread 05-05-2018, 11:05 AM
Cream

West Brom at home and Brighton away.

Two games that saw the end of Mourinho.

Unread 05-05-2018, 11:08 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Yes, and it is not as if his off field act is fun anymore. Heading in the direction of being the first EMO OAP.
“Oooh, imagine all the piss he’s going to boil with his surly demeanour in the media! Made for United is Jose! Get that siege mentality back!”

The only piss being boiled is mine, and the only thing being laid siege to is our goal.

Unread 05-05-2018, 11:11 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
“Oooh, imagine all the piss he’s going to boil with his surly demeanour in the media! Made for United is Jose! Get that siege mentality back!”

The only piss being boiled is mine, and the only thing being laid siege to is our goal.
And it’s not as if teams are having the games of their lives to beat us

Relegation fodder playing their normal game and still getting more shots on goal

Unread 05-05-2018, 11:12 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Always thought his act was cringe from day one when he had that press conference at Chelsea. Some people call it charm but all these years later I'm still not sure what "I'm not one of the bottle" means...
Closed Thread