Unread 19-07-2009, 10:52 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy
David Villa
i saw unsubstantiated rumblings elsewhere earlier

Unread 19-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Sparky***

If gillem ballbag says so - it must be true.

Huzzah!

Unread 19-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Pop

But while Valencia consider settling down again, United could be about to stir things up once more by making one enormous offer in a bid to land Villa, respected journalist Guillem Balague's website states.

Unread 19-07-2009, 10:55 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy
David Villa
Yeah.....very weird as he was adamant he's not going to England....don't want more Benzema type red faces

Unread 19-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Zorg

Peter Crouch was born in Marbella.

Unread 19-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Wez

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
But while Valencia consider settling down again, United could be about to stir things up once more by making one enormous offer in a bid to land Villa, respected journalist Guillem Balague's website states.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...postcount=1370

Unread 19-07-2009, 11:02 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Peter Crouch was born in Marbella.

Unread 19-07-2009, 11:17 PM
ScarFace

Great, i'm my spider senses are telling me a large offer from united, with Villa choosing Liverpool.

We'l end up with Julie from fredtissue upfront.

Unread 19-07-2009, 11:18 PM
magic_cantona

Is it time to switch the giddy-ometer back on?

I'm poised.

Unread 19-07-2009, 11:20 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Is it time to switch the giddy-ometer back on?

I'm poised.
Diego would be a good signing

Unread 19-07-2009, 11:21 PM
ScarFace

Manchester United have been following the situation very closely and they have told Villa`s representatives that, in the next day or so, they will make an offer that they feel will be well received by both Valencia and the player. In order to satisfy Valencia, that would mean United are prepared to offer the Spanish club around €45 million, plus a salary package in the region of €8 million a year to the player.

David Villa has always insisted that he would like to remain in Spain and that he does not want to move abroad, that is, until now. However, for the second consecutive season, the player has seen his dream to move to one of the two top Spanish teams end in frustration, and it is plausible that his increasing frustration at his current situation could prompt him to abandon Spain and drive him toward the Premier League and into the hands of Manchester United.

Villa`s representatives have been told that Sir Alex Ferguson`s comments that United have ended their summer spending is nothing more than an attempt to avoid becoming distracted by a summer of speculation and is a strategy for dealing with an increasingly volatile transfer market - and that if the United manager is presented with an opportunity to sign a player of David Villa`s calibre, then he has both the resources and the desire to do so.

Unread 19-07-2009, 11:22 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Diego would be a good signing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Manchester United have been following the situation very closely and they have told Villa`s representatives that, in the next day or so, they will make an offer that they feel will be well received by both Valencia and the player. In order to satisfy Valencia, that would mean United are prepared to offer the Spanish club around €45 million, plus a salary package in the region of €8 million a year to the player.

David Villa has always insisted that he would like to remain in Spain and that he does not want to move abroad, that is, until now. However, for the second consecutive season, the player has seen his dream to move to one of the two top Spanish teams end in frustration, and it is plausible that his increasing frustration at his current situation could prompt him to abandon Spain and drive him toward the Premier League and into the hands of Manchester United.

Villa`s representatives have been told that Sir Alex Ferguson`s comments that United have ended their summer spending is nothing more than an attempt to avoid becoming distracted by a summer of speculation and is a strategy for dealing with an increasingly volatile transfer market - and that if the United manager is presented with an opportunity to sign a player of David Villa`s calibre, then he has both the resources and the desire to do so.

Unread 19-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Sparky***

Do we really want to go down this road again fellas?

Unread 19-07-2009, 11:24 PM
taff

Unread 19-07-2009, 11:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Do we really want to go down this road again fellas?
Hell no.

Unread 19-07-2009, 11:39 PM
eddie_red

He's 28 in December. Has the no-big-signings-over-26 policy gone out of the window already?

Unread 19-07-2009, 11:43 PM
naes_sean

:mmmonkey:

Unread 19-07-2009, 11:44 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie_red
He's 28 in December. Has the no-big-signings-over-26 policy gone out of the window already?
yep around about the time we signed ickle Michael
Closed Thread