Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-05-2020, 06:31 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Basically this

Haven’t even missed it tbh

Fed up with footballers, broadcasters, pundits and the people running the game.
and here is the prime reason why football as £#%&!ed up now as it is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...football_clubs

Its rather scandalus if you ask me how many clubs are not owned by English or at minimum by British pepole.

I'm going to argue the pandemic finally gave football what it deserved i.e being taken down a peg or two.

Unread 10-05-2020, 09:27 PM
Switching Off

Lad at Benfica got it. Quite a few around the Portuguese clubs been announced today.

Unread 10-05-2020, 09:29 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
and here is the prime reason why football as £#%&!ed up now as it is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...football_clubs

Its rather scandalus if you ask me how many clubs are not owned by English or at minimum by British pepole.

I'm going to argue the pandemic finally gave football what it deserved i.e being taken down a peg or two.
Don't think you need to argue. It's £#%&!ed in its current guise....

Unread 10-05-2020, 09:36 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Lad at Benfica got it. Quite a few around the Portuguese clubs been announced today.
And La Liga

Unread 10-05-2020, 10:19 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
How exactly are they going to arrange this?

Are you seriously suggesting that they'll deliberately get infected or bribe the lab technicians carrying out the tests?
Well Malcolm, youve got to as yourself that.

ooh no

Unread 10-05-2020, 10:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
Don't think you need to argue. It's £#%&!ed in its current guise....
Starting to look that way innit.

Unread 10-05-2020, 11:40 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
Don't think you need to argue. It's f***ed in its current guise....
Of course I shouldn't need to argue it it goes without saying, but unfortunetly some pepoles are only waking up to it now everything has been brought to screeming halt.

I did love to show pepole from pre-1992 what football would evantually become.

Unread 11-05-2020, 05:27 AM
believe

Imagine all the pepole, living life in peace.

Unread 11-05-2020, 07:10 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Of course I shouldn't need to argue it it goes without saying, but unfortunetly some pepoles are only waking up to it now everything has been brought to screeming halt.

I did love to show pepole from pre-1992 what football would evantually become.
Yaldy?

Unread 11-05-2020, 07:12 AM
solidstool

Just cancel the £#%&!er. Absolutely whatever happens now it's got a massive asterisk by it anyway.

It's not even got the same entertainment value of watching it on TV. Football doesn't work without fans. Watching that LASK match without a crowd was weird.

Unread 11-05-2020, 07:32 AM
Switching Off

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...t-Restart.html

Unread 11-05-2020, 11:18 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
They were always going to be made champions
This is the best possible way

Neutral venues with no crowds, limited physical contact between players, rule changes
Going to be a huge asterisk next to this season in the history books and no chance of a parade or even the fans and players celebrating winning it in the ground, just awkward silence
What a horrible way for those @#%&!s to end 30 years of hurt
Makes it imperative that they are not allowed to win it next season (whenever that may be).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
why use neutral venues?
Are they not looking for venues with hotels and training facilities as part of the same complex so they can operate in an isolated bubble.

Unread 11-05-2020, 12:19 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Cannot wait til they shut it all down if they restart.
The thing is, they'll get the two wins they need quickly, then something will happen and Klopp, who likes to paint himself as a champion of the people will finally break his silence and demand its shut down. At which point everybody will nod and applaud him for speaking out.

Unread 11-05-2020, 01:08 PM
CyrilSkeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
The thing is, they'll get the two wins they need quickly, then something will happen and Klopp, who likes to paint himself as a champion of the people will finally break his silence and demand its shut down. At which point everybody will nod and applaud him for speaking out.
Predicted this a while back, the premier league will want to resolve the scouse issue and getting them over their 6 point line quickly before declaring it over and no relegation due to increased infections and risk. It's their ideal end game, shuts the scouse bastards up on the whingeing front and removes the integrity issue the relegation threatened worry about, despite the irony of the total lack of integrity in all of it, but they will worry about that another day.

Unread 11-05-2020, 01:13 PM
ScarFace

the clubs are meeting today. I bet they're pissed off at Boris presser yesterday.

Unread 11-05-2020, 01:25 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilSkeer
Predicted this a while back, the premier league will want to resolve the scouse issue and getting them over their 6 point line quickly before declaring it over and no relegation due to increased infections and risk. It's their ideal end game, shuts the scouse bastards up on the whingeing front and removes the integrity issue the relegation threatened worry about, despite the irony of the total lack of integrity in all of it, but they will worry about that another day.
Absolutely nailed on. The fact that the season will effectively be voided won't matter a jot to Liverpool, if it was us in that position there would be daily government briefings to ensure the league is voided and press campaigns demanding we take a lead and forfeit the league.

Unread 11-05-2020, 02:58 PM
ScarFace

Thumbs down

£#%&!. Boris just said sport in the uk can return from June 1st, with no fans.

Thats it then innit. Done.

If i believed the virus was real i'd have some hope but all is lost now.

Unread 11-05-2020, 05:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

You've gone right down the rabbit hole

Unread 11-05-2020, 07:25 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

Did he? I was told he said “not before the 1st June at the very earliest” and if said in that context there is a difference

Unread 11-05-2020, 08:48 PM
elhombre

Not sure if others have seen it, but on SSN today it was reported that the PL will be concluded with both relegation and promotion...

With the FA pushing for this.

It's inevitable now.
Closed Thread