United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:16 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Yep. United’s medics have told them they think it will be September before they play again, so you’re not far off.
you'd think if they were the forced to play before then UEFA/FA would be liable for any injury caused - and surely there would be playing at that level?

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:23 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Yep. United’s medics have told them they think it will be September before they play again, so you’re not far off.
Fingers crossed they can, and this isnt dragging on till next year. Really missing United

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:31 PM
Neo

Literally couldn't give less of a £#%&! about this bullshit game now, if I'm honest.

Thousands of people dying every day from a killer virus, the world in isolation, job cuts galore, and the worst recession in living memory right around the corner.

It's staggering that, in this context, these parasitical, greedy suits who have poisoned the game for years now, are STILL talking about how they can finish their precious 'season' so they can keep creaming their millions off the gravy train.

The players aren't the enemy here, btw, as I'm sure most of them would be glad to give up their wages to help a society in such desperate need - the enemy is the corporate masters that have the game in their pocket, including the billionaire and multimillionaire owners of all the Premier League clubs.

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Literally couldn't give less of a £#%&! about this bullshit game now, if I'm honest.

Thousands of people dying every day from a killer virus, the world in isolation, job cuts galore, and the worst recession in living memory right around the corner.

It's staggering that, in this context, these parasitical, greedy suits who have poisoned the game for years now, are STILL talking about how they can finish their precious 'season' so they can keep creaming their millions off the gravy train.

The players aren't the enemy here, btw, as I'm sure most of them would be glad to give up their wages to help a society in such desperate need - the enemy is the corporate masters that have the game in their pocket, including the billionaire and multimillionaire owners of all the Premier League clubs.
exactly

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:37 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Postage.

Unread 03-04-2020, 08:39 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Unread 03-04-2020, 11:13 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Yep. My old man asked me the other day if I was missing it at all, and both agreed not in the slightest. Not really had time to think about missing it with all this other ‘real’ shit going on, really does put things into perspective.

Unread 03-04-2020, 11:25 PM
red in cumbria

There will come a time when I really *am* missing football if this shit carries on. But not yet, or any time soon.

Unread 04-04-2020, 09:30 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Post of the week.

Unread 04-04-2020, 09:50 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Literally couldn't give less of a f*** about this bullshit game now, if I'm honest.

Half tempted to make a rawk account and C&P this.

Unread 04-04-2020, 09:54 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Half tempted to make a rawk account and C&P this.

Do it and post replies.

Unread 04-04-2020, 12:26 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Do it and post replies.
He'll be banned inside of 30 seconds.

Unread 05-04-2020, 05:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Literally couldn't give less of a f*** about this bullshit game now, if I'm honest.

Spot on, Neo.

It's £#%&!ing ridiculous they're even talking about a 'solution'. There isn't one. Not until all this is done. And seeing as we don't know when that is, it's all pointless.

You've got the government pleading every day for people to stay in, with restrictions likely to become tighter. We haven't even hit the peak of this, never mind recovering from it.....

... meanwhile, these shitbags are trying to find ways to crudely patch together something that ended in everyone's minds weeks ago, and cram people into an empty stadium if need be.

£#%&!ers.

And we're all just expected to pretend it's the same season, are we? Where the hell is the statute of limitations?

It's like a Wimbledon final having a rain delay from july to £#%&!ing November.

Just abandon it ffs.

Unread 05-04-2020, 06:37 PM
red in cumbria

Unfortunately it seems UEFA is badgering domestic leagues that they have to complete their seasons somehow. Just stay out of it FFS

Unread 06-04-2020, 11:11 AM
ScarFace

June is the date the prem mongs are wanting.

I think if Boris drops then nothing will be played this year...

Unread 06-04-2020, 12:40 PM
Pop

Are there any other industries that have had to shut up shop where there has been a constant and rabid self-indulgent attempt to reopen them like the footballing bodies have been doing with their game?

It's repulsive in the current climate tbh.

Unread 06-04-2020, 12:54 PM
armchair

Quote:
'Liverpool Football club built up such a good reputation in recent years under Jurgen Klopp, and winning the Champions League, this dynamic wonderful team, everyone was proud, everyone loved what Liverpool were standing for,' he said on Good Morning Britain.

'All gone, all gone, because their billionaire owners in America decided that this was the time in a year when they made £45m profit that they were going to furlough their staff at Liverpool Football Club.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...an-owners.html

Unread 06-04-2020, 01:24 PM
waynes ear's

Daily Mail telling me i'm using ad blocker and wont let me read the article

oh noooooooooooes!

Unread 06-04-2020, 01:27 PM
Switching Off

Bayern and Dortmund have both returned to training today

Bavaria went into lockdown 3 days before us.

Ceferin: If by any chance the play will not resume, we still have to find a way to declare final results, to declare final results, to declare champions.

Closed Thread