United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-06-2021, 08:33 PM
NedKelly

Problem is, the rest of the team aren’t in sync with him. We’re too slow and ponderous in our play. Ant is all about the one touch passing and quick movement in and around the box. I think he’d do really well alongside a Lionel Messi, or a Cristiano Ronaldo, to name a couple off the top of my head.

Unread 26-06-2021, 08:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Problem is, the rest of the team aren’t in sync with him. We’re too slow and ponderous in our play. Ant is all about the one touch passing and quick movement in and around the box. I think he’d do really well alongside a Lionel Messi, or a Cristiano Ronaldo, to name a couple off the top of my head.
so what you're saying is he needs arguably the two greatest footballers of all time next to him so he can score some goals.

Unread 26-06-2021, 08:48 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
so what you're saying is he needs arguably the two greatest footballers of all time next to him so he can score some goals.

Unread 26-06-2021, 09:45 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think Ned’s been pushing this martial ‘misunderstood’ wum for sometime now.

Not sure it’s ever really worked despite your little nibble.

Unread 26-06-2021, 09:49 PM
tatty

If Mourinho had actually played football he'd have been Martial.

Unread 10-08-2021, 12:38 PM
Dr Stranger

NOT for sale.

And with stats like that, I’m not surprised. Just a shame they’re completely wrong.

Unread 10-08-2021, 01:20 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Got a feeling he'll bang this season.

With Rashford out, the number 9 proudly on his back, and Sancho, Bruno and Pogba feeding him, he'll be in his element.

25+ goals for the season. #TWICI

Unread 10-08-2021, 01:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Got a feeling he'll bang this season.

With Rashford out, the number 9 proudly on his back, and Sancho, Bruno and Pogba feeding him, he'll be in his element.

25+ goals for the season. #TWICI
At the very least, he’s better than we saw last season. He’s been elevated to a figure of fun in the last year (by his own making tbf), but he’s still a good player capable of great moments. I’m sure we’ll get more than we saw last season and with Cavani not back and needing rest, he’ll get plenty of chances.

We don’t even need 25 from him. We’ve got Sancho, rashford, Greenwood, Cavani, Bruno and martial all capable of getting 15-20, which will have us £#%&!ing flying 👍

Unread 10-08-2021, 02:07 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
At the very least, he’s better than we saw last season. He’s been elevated to a figure of fun in the last year (by his own making tbf), but he’s still a good player capable of great moments. I’m sure we’ll get more than we saw last season and with Cavani not back and needing rest, he’ll get plenty of chances.

We don’t even need 25 from him. We’ve got Sancho, rashford, Greenwood, Cavani, Bruno and martial all capable of getting 15-20, which will have us £#%&!ing flying 👍
the progress we’ve made

Martial is shit, he’s been shit for seven years (or however long we’ve had him) and he’ll continue to be shit for as long as he’s here. If we’re pinning our hopes of anything on either him or Cavani this season, scraping in to the top four will be an over-achievement.

Unread 10-08-2021, 02:12 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
the progress we’ve made

Martial is shit, he’s been shit for seven years (or however long we’ve had him) and he’ll continue to be shit for as long as he’s here. If we’re pinning our hopes of anything on either him or Cavani this season, scraping in to the top four will be an over-achievement.
We’ve improved a squad that got to 2nd comfortably last season, so unsure how scraping into the top four would be an over achievement.

You’ve all seen the shaved head. You know he’s not playing about anymore. Tone is going to lead us to sweet, sweet glory.

Unread 10-08-2021, 02:38 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
We’ve improved a squad that got to 2nd comfortably last season, so unsure how scraping into the top four would be an over achievement.

You’ve all seen the shaved head. You know he’s not playing about anymore. Tone is going to lead us to sweet, sweet glory.

Unread 10-08-2021, 03:09 PM
My Name is Heath

Let’s be honest…a rejuvenated Tony Marshall would be like a new signing.

Even if we just get 1 season out of him it would be fun.

Personally I’d play The Poggster on the left when Rashers isn’t there but Tone Loc would be a funky cold option there too.

Unread 10-08-2021, 03:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
the progress we’ve made

Well, he’s not shit, is he? He’s capable and this part of the problem. He’s inconsistent and it’s looking increasingly like he’s not the answer for us, but he’s not shit.

We’re not ‘pinning our hopes’ on him and/or Cavani either. It’s not them scoring or nothing. There’s several players who provide plenty of options. We’re not looking at Martial and thinking “if he doesn’t deliver, we’re £#%&!ed”. He scored 7 last season. The team scored 121.

Unread 10-08-2021, 03:23 PM
NedKelly

Lovely to see this outpouring of support for Anthony.

Unread 10-08-2021, 03:31 PM
AK14

Hopefully he’s shaken off that career ending suspension he picked up last year.

Unread 10-08-2021, 04:02 PM
browser

I think he’ll bang this season. Sancho is bound to help him.

Unread 10-08-2021, 04:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Why? His issues are his own. Cavani had the same service and did fine. He’ll start on Saturday and he’s very fortunate to have the chance. He needs to take it. He’s 25, he’s experienced, talented - he has no excuses anymore.

Unread 10-08-2021, 06:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
fast forward to sancho beating 2 players and banging in a fantastic ball across the box whilst Martial is strolling about 30 yards from goal, adjusting his gloves.

Unread 10-08-2021, 06:52 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Glad to see a lot on board the Tony is going to fire this season, its surely coming as there is no doubt there's a great footballer in there somewhere.

If he doesn't, I hope he dies of thirst on a small island.

Unread 10-08-2021, 07:15 PM
Hyman_Roth

Hope springs eternal.