United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2013, 07:33 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
that's right up there with city briefing new signings that 'there's only one team in manchester' etc.

the red berties. i've said it a hundred times before. what a set of £#%&!ing sad acts.

Unread 13-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Switching Off

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Am I right in thinking they've not beaten anyone in the top half of the table?

Unread 13-01-2013, 07:41 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
that's right up there with city briefing new signings that 'there's only one team in manchester' etc.

the red berties. i've said it a hundred times before. what a set of £#%&!ing sad acts.
don't worry about it.

the longer they live in the £#%&!ing past, the better...

even when they've been beaten by us for the second time this season and even when we've passed them by in the league winners table, they still give it the five £#%&!ing fingers - celebrating cup wins 30years ago, which involved beating romanian window cleaners and russian prison guards to become champions of europe in less than 7 games (or whatever it was...)

the pressure isn't there to succeed, because they're too busy patting themselves on the back for past glories. idiots.

Unread 13-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
don't worry about it.

the longer they live in the £#%&!ing past, the better...

even when they've been beaten by us for the second time this season and even when we've passed them by in the league winners table, they still give it the five £#%&!ing fingers - celebrating cup wins 30years ago, which involved beating romanian window cleaners and russian prison guards to become champions of europe in less than 7 games (or whatever it was...)

the pressure isn't there to succeed, because they're too busy patting themselves on the back for past glories. idiots.
ka boom!

Club Brugge in the 1978 final after beating "bye" in the first round and then onto the giants of Dynamo Dresden

Unread 13-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Well done Zorg :shakehead:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Zorg you bastard, wtf are you playing at man?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman

Unread 13-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
As someone else said a few weeks ago, Rodgers seems less bothered by losing games than any manager I can recall. His players were always brilliant, marvelous, outstanding, etc.

There was a scene in The Office where Neil was chastising Brent over his staff's lack of enthusiasm for work and that they were doing £#%&! all. Asked if it bothered him an overjoyed Brent didn't give a shit and was happy as long as they were all 'having a laugh'.

Eerie.

Unread 13-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Kent Brockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
ka boom!

Club Brugge in the 1978 final after beating "bye" in the first round and then onto the giants of Dynamo Dresden
And Crusaders, don't forget Crusaders.

Unread 13-01-2013, 08:06 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
That's hilarious It's as though Carra and Stevie have been on at him all week. "Remember Dean, I mean Daniel, all we want to do is beat these. They will never be as good as us. We stopped counting league titles years ago. All about the 5 now kid, all about the 5." £#%&!ing small time shit football £#%&!er @#%&!
Dean

"right then 'ridges'... "

Unread 13-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

I was tongueing in cheeking re the curse (even though I've got about 10 versions of same in real life, obviously)

Unread 13-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

I was tongueing in cheeking re the curse (even though I've got about 10 versions of same in real life, obviously)
I thought as much but decided it was worth quoting anyway.

Unread 13-01-2013, 09:48 PM
signed dc

Quote:
You got lucky Zorg, admit you were foolish, apologise to the forum, promise to never make the same mistake again and then we can all move on.

Unread 14-01-2013, 01:57 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
You got lucky Zorg, admit you were foolish, apologise to the forum, promise to never make the same mistake again and then we can all move on.
No.

Anyway, I'd assumed this

Quote:
"We're 24 points behind United now, but we're not 24 points behind in terms of quality"
was a wum or something. Turns out he actually really actually properly said it. In real life.

Unread 14-01-2013, 02:37 AM
Grimson

Quote:
No.

Anyway, I'd assumed this

was a wum or something. Turns out he actually really actually properly said it. In real life.
One of my pet peeves about this game is the way people think the micro is the macro, as in "We outplayed them/played them even etc in one game, therefore we're as good as they are." As if any one game can tell the full story of a team's strengths and weaknesses, or is a complete demonstration of their abilities.

If only there was something that DID do that, some kind of 'table' that could 'graph' or chart cumulative league performances....

Unread 14-01-2013, 10:13 AM
user_name

Quote:
"We're 24 points behind United now, but we're not 24 points behind in terms of quality"
So what is it then? Why is it exactly you're trailing by 24 points? Management maybe?

Why would any manager say something like this? Theres only one place the fault lies if you've got the same "quality" but are 24 points adrift.

Jesus Christ at least be within... I don't know.. 15 points to make such a statement.

Unread 14-01-2013, 10:19 AM
dunk

His next line after that was something along the lines of the only difference being the squad depth, and he will redress that balance over the next few transfer windows and they will soon be up there challenging

Unread 14-01-2013, 10:22 AM
KenwrightsWallet

So according to Rodgers way of thinking Everton are better than Utd as we beat them 1-0

Cant wait to win the league this season

Unread 14-01-2013, 10:25 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
Bit more difficult for our players to do a '19' in fairness.
Imagine the furore if Rafael and RvP had lined up and help up 19, they'd have been squealing like pigs

Unread 14-01-2013, 10:42 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
Genuinely embarrassing, the desperate @#%&!

Unread 14-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Pop

I hove Van Pee holds at least nineteen of his fingers up when he scores at Anfield next season

Unread 14-01-2013, 11:20 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I hove Van Pee holds at least nineteen of his fingers up when he scores at Anfield next season
20 would be nicer or even 39
Closed Thread