United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
His work at Swansea was a sham too, the style of football was originally started by Martinez and every manager since then they've gone with somebody who plays football that way.

Also Laudrup has done a much better job so far, they had a piss poor end to the season and he's come in and sorted that out and they've done much better than i thought they would.

Sold Xavi and had a better start to the season than last year
Martinez, Souza, Rodgers, laudrup...

2 of them set the tone, one took the accolades and the other improved on the 'dip' that Brenton caused

Honestly, it's incredible that he gets 'the credit' for Swansea's play Martinez built the team Sousa/Souza whatevs got them playing..

This Reading reject @#%&! went in there and claimed it all for himself

Unread 18-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
why?
Probably to settle an argument. I also did it once to prove we had a younger squad than Arsenal

Unread 18-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Martinez, Souza, Rodgers, laudrup...

2 of them set the tone, one took the accolades and the other improved on the 'dip' that Brenton caused

Hmm, not sure about that. He definitely didnt lay the foundations but he did win promotion, and kept them in the league, though they only won 12 games all season.

There's plenty about him to ridicule; no need to pretend he didnt do a decent job at Swansea

Unread 18-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Hmm, not sure about that. He definitely didnt lay the foundations but he did win promotion, and kept them in the league, though they only won 12 games all season.

There's plenty about him to ridicule; no need to pretend he didnt do a decent job at Swansea
I'm not saying he didn't do a good job, but the team which won promotion (if I recall correctly) involved none of his signings and the team which kept them up only had 2 of his signings...

I stand to be corrected but his 'stellar' career has been shown to be a sham before now

Swansea are the singular plus point in his career regardless, if he was half the visionary he would like us to believe he wouldn't have been bombed out of Reading (they have plenty of cash) would he?

Unread 18-12-2012, 12:43 AM
Crumps

Quote:
I'm not saying he didn't do a good job, but the team which won promotion (if I recall correctly) involved none of his signings and the team which kept them up only had 2 of his signings...

I stand to be corrected but his 'stellar' career has been shown to be a sham before now

Swansea are the singular plus point in his career regardless, if he was half the visionary he would like us to believe he wouldn't have been bombed out of Reading (they have plenty of cash) would he?
Switchers has got a man crush on him. Apparently when Big B is late home his carers don't have to come looking for him.

Unread 18-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Switchers has got a man crush on him. Apparently when Big B is late home his carers don't have to come looking for him.

Unread 18-12-2012, 01:16 AM
taff

swansea was a decent achievement but it was nothing particularly out of the ordinary. they got promoted, took a few people by surprise and punched slightly above their weight. george burley got ipswich to fifth ffs.

that sort of mid-level overachievement isn't really much different to what hodgson has built his career on, except brenton has actively wooed the scousers by virtue of the fact that he's a colossal gobshite.

Unread 18-12-2012, 01:40 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

if he totally crashes, 10th or below, which I reckon is well within his grasp, he'll have to tell a pretty good story to keep the loyal legions on side, which to his credit, he's doing a pretty good job of so far

No chance of a return for St Rafa of the 96 me thinks, once he's stunk out The Bridge, he'll be heading for a career in the medjia. C5 on thursday nights....

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:43 AM
History

@#%&!by looking @#%&!

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Blagger

FFS pissing myself at this thread.

This guy.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:04 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
FFS pissing myself at this thread.

This guy.
Just look at his fingers FFS :shakehead:

Never trust a man with fingers too short to pull a trig......

Errr

He's a @#%&! with stubby fingers

Unread 18-12-2012, 01:19 PM
andyroo

The reason why this latest Anfailed hammering should be getting more pelters than it actually is, is that precisely all the excuses this @#%&! keeps coming up with apply far more to Villa than to his own mob.

Team in transition, years of mismanagement, no money to spend compared to his predecessors, trying to do something different to the boring football they're used to, young players, lack of experience, too many games for a young team zzzzzzzzz. Villa had even played in midweek. In yer %@#$&!s Rodgers, Lambert is just better than you. You @#%&!.

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Switching Off

From the Telegraph
Quote:
Does this guy ever stop talking ?

2nd place, 4th place, top 6. The only place I dont hear him mention is 12th place.

Which is pretty much where Liverpool have been for half a season.

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Jethro

Brenton strikes me as the kind of guy who has a spiritual adviser, probably who gave him the beads.

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Brenton strikes me as the kind of guy who has a spiritual adviser, probably who gave him the beads.

Unread 18-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The reason why this latest Anfailed hammering should be getting more pelters than it actually is, is that precisely all the excuses this @#%&! keeps coming up with apply far more to Villa than to his own mob.

Team in transition, years of mismanagement, no money to spend compared to his predecessors, trying to do something different to the boring football they're used to, young players, lack of experience, too many games for a young team zzzzzzzzz. Villa had even played in midweek. In yer %@#$&!s Rodgers, Lambert is just better than you. You @#%&!.
Spot on.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

RAWK

Comparing Rafa to Brendan Rodgers is like comparing a Bentley to a Ford Fiesta.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Argentina

Quote:
RAWK

Comparing Rafa to Brendan Rodgers is like comparing a Bentley to a Ford Fiesta.
Not really. It's like comparing a Lada to a Daewoo

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Pop

Thumbs up

Article in the Star today basically calling him a useless deluded egotistical @#%&!. They've knocked up a photoshop of his head on David Brent's body to accompany the piece too.

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:59 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Article in the Star today basically calling him a useless deluded egotistical @#%&!. They've knocked up a photoshop of his head on David Brent's body to accompany the piece too.
It begins.
Closed Thread