United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-12-2019, 10:16 PM
dunk

Think it was Clownbones who spent a day arguing with me pre-season that our midfield options were as good as Liverpool’s

Unread 26-12-2019, 10:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Think it was Clownbones who spent a day arguing with me pre-season that our midfield options were as good as Liverpool’s
That's alright, Jammy Dodger thought me suggesting liverpool would win the league a couple of months ago was outrageous.

Unread 26-12-2019, 10:28 PM
waynes ear's

Classic Liverpool

Sparky***

And that, as they say, is that.

League done and dusted. In December.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That's alright, Jammy Dodger thought me suggesting liverpool would win the league a couple of months ago was outrageous.
He’s a bit special that lad

Unread 26-12-2019, 10:30 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Leicester have been the better side here. Certainly don’t deserve to be behind.

Unread 26-12-2019, 10:34 PM
Vedder

They’re going unbeaten. We better hope Klopp £#%&!s off soon or we’re heading for a dark period

Unread 26-12-2019, 10:35 PM
Stickman

They’re on for 55pts at the half way stage

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
They’re going unbeaten. We better hope Klopp £#%&!s off soon or we’re heading for a dark period
Heading for?

City did a domestic treble last season, Liverpool won the European Cup and United are a mid table shambles who can't string 3 wins together with a disgustingly average team.

We're there pal.

Stickman

Quote:
Agree. They stink of 3 in a row to me, absolutely reek of it.

Unread 26-12-2019, 10:37 PM
woody78

Quote:
They might lose a dead rubber at the end of the season if they are in other competitions.

Unread 26-12-2019, 10:39 PM
dunk

They have to hit the wall at some point. They can’t run flat out all the time with the same 15-16 players.

Sparky***

This is what exceptional teams do. They turn up at the ground of pretenders and swat them aside. Reminds me of what we did to teams like Norwich and Newcastle back in the day.

Leicester were bang up for this tonight. Make no mistake. Give it the biggun with the pyro and everything before kick off.

Liverpool have just strode into their house and put them in their place.

Vedder

Arnold is world class. They’re brilliant

Unread 26-12-2019, 10:42 PM
Buck

It is remarkable how they can put out the same players every week and not suffer from fatigue. Physically or mentally.

Unread 26-12-2019, 10:57 PM
AK14

Quote:
They have to hit the wall at some point. They can’t run flat out all the time with the same 15-16 players.
I’ve been thinking that for 18 months but there’s just no let up.

Hate saying it but they’re the best team in football and I think they could be dominant for a while.

Pisses me off that the rest of the top clubs in Europe are in transition at the same time.

Unread 26-12-2019, 11:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Hate saying it but they’re the best team in football and I think they could be dominant for a while.

Pisses me off that the rest of the top clubs in Europe are in transition at the same time.
Wasn’t long ago we were saying the same about City tbf.

Unread 26-12-2019, 11:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

depends how they invest in the team going forward. Obviously at the moment they have the bit between their teeth and are relentless, but Klopp's dortmund hit a wall after a couple of blistering years.

You just don't know do you.

We've lauded it over them for 25 odd years , it was never going to last forever, they were always going to have a period like this at some point, clubs of Liverpool's stature always have a renaissance at some point.

Unread 26-12-2019, 11:13 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
If they end the league with 112 points they should instantly invesigated for doping by WADA.

But we have seen this before with teams the aura of inviniciblity but soon as the crack sets in and they lose a game the wheels of often falls of quickly.

Unread 26-12-2019, 11:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Wasn’t long ago we were saying the same about City tbf.
Tbf City have dominated domestically over the last few years.

Liverpool have already won another CL and will win the league this year. I can honestly see them winning a couple more league titles and another CL in the next few years because They’re a quality side, have a world class manager and seem to have a very good structure above the manager, plus there just doesn’t seem like the same competition out there at the moment (domestically or in Europe).

They’re obviously a very good team, but it’s definitely all fallen into place for them as far as the majority of Europe’s top clubs being in transition at exactly the same time imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
depends how they invest in the team going forward. Obviously at the moment they have the bit between their teeth and are relentless, but Klopp's dortmund hit a wall after a couple of blistering years.

You just don't know do you.

We've lauded it over them for 25 odd years , it was never going to last forever, they were always going to have a period like this at some point, clubs of Liverpool's stature always have a renaissance at some point.
I think looking at their transfer strategy under Klopp and that director they’ve got you can only assume they’ll get it right more often than not. I’d guess he’d have learnt a lot from his time at Dortmund and how it ended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
If they end the league with 112 points they should instantly invesigated for doping by WADA.

But we have seen this before with teams the aura of inviniciblity but soon as the crack sets in and they lose a game the wheels of often falls of quickly.
The constant intensity they’re playing at for such a length of time is crazy.

I’m sure I read they’ve not long ago hired a load of sport scientist and overhauled their medical department?
Closed Thread