Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Dunk ticks both those boxes.
You’re a clueless £#%&!ing worm.

Educate yourself..

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...postcount=1110

Unread 29-05-2021, 10:49 AM
saffers

Imagine mentioning OGS in the same breath as Klopp.

Cringey nonsense from that deluded Ole fanboy.

Unread 29-05-2021, 10:51 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Imagine mentioning OGS in the same breath as Klopp.

Cringey nonsense from that deluded Ole fanboy.
Are you wilfully ignoring the point of the comparison?

Unread 29-05-2021, 10:53 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I am not even reading past the first few sentences.

The point of the comparison is laughable.

Unread 29-05-2021, 10:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
No, he’s just an ignorant #@&%!.

Unread 29-05-2021, 11:03 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
I will have us as Champions in any future poll too. I think after City, you can make the argument for us, Chelsea or Liverpool having the next best squad (when everyone is fit). Comparing squads is difficult, as the perception basically swings based on form.

I think Chelsea have the second best squad off the top of my head, but I haven't looked side by side.

As it stands 2nd, 3rd or 4th wouldn't surprise me. I think Liverpool and Chelsea will be better next season, but I feel just as confident we will too.

Four teams competing and us coming up short by a few points and finishing 4th would be a much better season than coming 2nd behind runaway leader.

I naively believe that this summer will be different and we'll strengthen the squad with three first team players and maybe someone like Trippier for RB cover. I thought that last summer too though.

If we get Sancho, and a Center Back and Midfielder that are upgrades on what we have, I think the expectation should be a title challenge.

Loads of people said when Jose got sacked "whoever it is, it's going to take them 3 years to sort this out". 3rd in his first full season was alright, 2nd this season was decent. The next step has to be a title challenge, and if we get reinforcements in those three key positions, there's no excuse for us not to be competing.
Nah mate. Have you not picked up on the fact we're only second because of everyone else's shite season?

Unread 29-05-2021, 11:04 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I am not even reading past the first few sentences.

The point of the comparison is laughable.
So you didn’t read the point, but it’s laughable?

Sounds reasonable 👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Nah mate. Have you not picked up on the fact we're only second because of everyone else's shite season?
And 3rd the season before for the same reason.

Apparently we got lucky with Chelsea being shit, even though we finished above them the season before.

I like how peoples own projections and predictions of a team not coming true become a stick to beat us with.

“I think Chelsea will challenge for league”

9 months later...

“We’re lucky Chelsea didn’t challenge for the league”

Unread 29-05-2021, 11:08 AM
saffers

Quote:
So you didn’t read the point, but it’s laughable?

Sounds reasonable 👍
The only sort of response it deserved tbf.

Unread 29-05-2021, 11:12 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
The only sort of response it deserved tbf.
I’d suggest giving it a read. There’s some good points in there. It takes about one whole minute to read.

Unread 29-05-2021, 11:16 AM
20LEgend1999

That post contained one opinion "I think Klopp is a very good manager". The rest of it was literally just a list of things that have happened

I didn't compare them as managers in any way, I was responding to someone who did.

Unread 29-05-2021, 11:47 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
That post contained one opinion "I think Klopp is a very good manager". The rest of it was literally just a list of things that have happened

I didn't compare them as managers in any way, I was responding to someone who did.
You mentioned them in the same breath and therefore not worthy of reading.

Unread 29-05-2021, 11:51 AM
Coracao

Quote:
I don't think we'll serve up shite like we have at home this season on a regular basis next season. I might be wrong, we'll see. The evidence of the season suggests that home/away form is pretty much irrelevant when there's no fans. I expect it to revert to type next season.

There's been more away wins than home wins this season for the first time in top flight history. Poor home form isn't a United thing this season, it's just we don't pay attention to other teams. Only City won more than 10 league games at home this season. We won 9 (and I believe it would've been more if not for having 2 home games in 3 days). United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Leeds and Leicester (8 of the top 10) got more points away than at home.

With fans in, it is likely that we'll be worse away, but by the same logic we'll be better at home. I might be missing your point I don't know.
Our home record this season is par for the course.

We've won more than 10 league games at home once in the last 5 seasons.

And for this heralded away record, we still got less points than city

Unread 29-05-2021, 12:02 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

Well that's a shame. At least I still have my blind optimism

Unread 29-05-2021, 06:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Maybe about time we did it again, then

Unread 29-05-2021, 09:06 PM
saffers

Quote:
Yikes.

Unread 29-05-2021, 10:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Yikes.
Well since city won the league, this maybe isn't the incredible slam dunk you think it is?

Unread 30-05-2021, 12:01 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

The same city that broke the record for away wins in among a 22 match winning run? The shame of it

Unread 31-05-2021, 02:59 PM
Sparky***

The pressure will be on to do something in the champions league next season. Crashing out at the group stages whilst European football is in such a ruinous state won't be acceptable this time.

English clubs are going to be dominant in the quarters and semi final stages for the next few years you would think and United simply have to be a part of that.

Every year that ticks past with us winning nothing will apply more pressure and scrutiny, we need to see a big improvement next season in these one-off, do-or-die games where we continually fail to turn up. That will be the acid test.

Unread 31-05-2021, 03:08 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The pressure will be on to do something in the champions league next season. Crashing out at the group stages whilst European football is in such a ruinous state won't be acceptable this time.

English clubs are going to be dominant in the quarters and semi final stages for the next few years you would think and United simply have to be a part of that.

Every year that ticks past with us winning nothing will apply more pressure and scrutiny, we need to see a big improvement next season in these one-off, do-or-die games where we continually fail to turn up. That will be the acid test.
Better quality football
Title challenge
Quarters of CL

Should be the aim for next year. Don't think that is setting the bar too high in a 3rd full season. Year after and we really need to be competing strongly, otherwise it needs someone else in.

Unread 31-05-2021, 03:25 PM
red in cumbria

Reasonable aims there, and no reason why our present manager can't match them if he learns on the job.
Closed Thread