United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Fountz

Thumbs up Excellent article - makes you appreciate Fergie and admire Berbatov's determination even more.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle4657158.ece

The day had begun in equally dramatic fasion. If Berbatov’s whereabouts were unknown when he was “not in the right frame of mind” to play in Tottenham’s 1-1 draw away to Chelsea on Sunday, then it became clearer yesterday morning when he landed in Manchester, supposedly to meet United — or their nearest rivals.

City were suddenly flush with money — after a group of Abu Dhabi investors made a bid for the club — and were making offers for some of the best attacking players in the world. Tottenham, so reluctant to sell Berbatov to United anyway, were quick to accept City’s £32.5 million offer

Would Berbatov be persuaded to dash his dream of playing and winning titles with United by the inevitable pots of cash on offer from City? Among the wild rumours whirling around yesterday was that Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, hijacked the City welcoming committee, which had been sent to meet Berbatov at the airport. The Bulgaria striker was then whisked to United’s Carrington training complex — near where City train — to meet Ferguson.

As it emerged that Berbatov may have been having a medical, Tottenham, who were striving for information about the whereabouts of their player, were getting increasingly hot under the collar. They claimed that United had not been given permission to talk to the forward, because no bid had been accepted. Tottenham had turned down United’s £25 million offer two weeks ago.

Unread 02-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Jack Duckworth

from the comments sections of that article:

"Man Utd should be relegated + docked points there is no doubt about this. Laugh at the Italians all you want but they cleaned up there game and these tap up kidknaps no longer happen. It's all been ventilated. As for match fixing, you seen the amount of goals scored by ex Fergie managers v United?"

Neal Dixon, Ipswich, England

Unread 02-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
It's all been ventilated.
[SIZE="1"]ok then..

Unread 02-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle4657158.ece

The day had begun in equally dramatic fasion. If Berbatov’s whereabouts were unknown when he was “not in the right frame of mind” to play in Tottenham’s 1-1 draw away to Chelsea on Sunday, then it became clearer yesterday morning when he landed in Manchester, supposedly to meet United — or their nearest rivals.

City were suddenly flush with money — after a group of Abu Dhabi investors made a bid for the club — and were making offers for some of the best attacking players in the world. Tottenham, so reluctant to sell Berbatov to United anyway, were quick to accept City’s £32.5 million offer

Would Berbatov be persuaded to dash his dream of playing and winning titles with United by the inevitable pots of cash on offer from City? Among the wild rumours whirling around yesterday was that Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, hijacked the City welcoming committee, which had been sent to meet Berbatov at the airport. The Bulgaria striker was then whisked to United’s Carrington training complex — near where City train — to meet Ferguson.

As it emerged that Berbatov may have been having a medical, Tottenham, who were striving for information about the whereabouts of their player, were getting increasingly hot under the collar. They claimed that United had not been given permission to talk to the forward, because no bid had been accepted. Tottenham had turned down United’s £25 million offer two weeks ago.
Do you actually believe that City were waiting for him and Fergie just kidnapped him from underneath their noses?

Unread 02-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
from the comments sections of that article:

"Man Utd should be relegated + docked points there is no doubt about this. Laugh at the Italians all you want but they cleaned up there game and these tap up kidknaps no longer happen. It's all been ventilated. As for match fixing, you seen the amount of goals scored by ex Fergie managers v United?"

I bet he's not wumming either. The levels of fantasy these people live in is frightening.

Unread 02-09-2008, 04:21 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
As for match fixing, you seen the amount of goals scored by ex Fergie managers v United?"[/i]

I would imagine the answer is none, given that players tend to score the goals not managers.

Unread 02-09-2008, 04:33 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever
Do you actually believe that City were waiting for him and Fergie just kidnapped him from underneath their noses?
No.

But I'd laugh my #@&%! off if he did

Unread 02-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Billy Baroo

what 'tap up kidnaps'?

Unread 02-09-2008, 04:46 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
No.

But I'd laugh my #@&%! off if he did
I wish it was true...Would be great if it was.

Unread 02-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
yeah, imagine him walking round with no #@&%!.

Unread 02-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Quote:
yeah, imagine him walking round with no #@&%!.

Unread 02-09-2008, 04:56 PM
puressence

bet simon jordan is pissing himself about this

Unread 02-09-2008, 05:00 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
bet simon jordan is pissing himself about this
Probably doing Caz's tea tbh.

Unread 02-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Gizza

ABU Media wanting it investigated... shock...

Quote:
'Even on one of the craziest evenings in the history of the transfer market, the sight of Dimitar Berbatov, a Tottenham player granted permission to talk to Manchester City, wandering along a corridor at Old Trafford with Sir Alex Ferguson was spectacularly brazen.

For those United fans gathered outside the Theatre of Dreams, it was a magical scene. For neutrals who feel there are other more principled ways of conducting business with an opponent's star player, the scene stirred only unease. While everyone catches their breath this morning, and reflects on a mad, money-filled night, the Premier League must inspect United's conduct regarding Berbatov - Henry Winter, The Daily Telegraph.

Unread 02-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

love it!

Unread 02-09-2008, 06:26 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizza
ABU Media wanting it investigated... shock...
anyone else did what we did and we would be calling them @#%&!s. Glad he signed but we love to take the piss out of the FA when it suits us

Unread 02-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
badum tisch

Unread 02-09-2008, 06:54 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Quote:

love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
badum tisch

All 3 of you, get to £#%&!.

Unread 02-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
All 3 of you, get to £#%&!.
easy tiger, you'll find no amusing faces next to mine

Unread 02-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
The Star states that he was bundled into the back of Fergies Bentley and hid under a blanket on the back seat as they sped to Carrington
Closed Thread