United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:29 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
So, what was more shocking, Tevez and Mascherano to West Ham or this? Personally, I'm leaning towards this
This has to be the most ridiculous transfer of all time. At least Tevez and Mascherano were leaving a club in turmoil and moving to a much higher quality league. Robinho is going from being a star player at Real Madrid and a fan favourite at the Bernabeu to training with Michael Ball and Danny Mills; to a stadium half the size which is regularly a third empty; to no guarantee of even Uefa Cup football; to a prime target of fighting it out with Everton and Portsmouth for sixth place in the Premiership; to playing with Darius Vassell. I wonder how long it will take for him to realise what he's done. He'll certainly regret holding that press conference.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:34 AM
MUFC One Love

Robinho isn't a 'superstar' as SSN would have you believe. He's an inconsistent squad player who has to learn and develop a lot more to be worth anything near the figure paid.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:37 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Robinho isn't a 'superstar' as SSN would have you believe. He's an inconsistent squad player who has to learn and develop a lot more to be worth anything near the figure paid.
I think that's a bit unfair. I thought during the middle third of last season he was exceptional. He was certainly an important player for Madrid. I would agree that the 'one of the best players in the world' stuff is a bit OTT.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Captain Platitude

It's like when Maradona signed for Go Ahead Eagles.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Smiling Bastard

There was a great quote from Real Madrid just now on SSN: "The fact that he has left Madrid for Manchester City shows that he hasn't gone for sporting reasons."

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Captain Platitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Robinho is going from being a star player at Real Madrid and a fan favourite at the Bernabeu to training with Michael Ball and Danny Mills; to a stadium half the size which is regularly a third empty; to no guarantee of even Uefa Cup football; to a prime target of fighting it out with Everton and Portsmouth for sixth place in the Premiership
You have to consider the ego of top players. He'll think he can change all that, and fair play to him if he can (but of course, he can't).

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Bastard
There was a great quote from Real Madrid just now on SSN: "The fact that he has left Madrid for Manchester City shows that he hasn't gone for sporting reasons."
I £#%&!ing hate Calderon, but I will forgive him a little for that line. Belting.

It's funny that Real Madrid got £#%&!ed over, losing an important player with no replacement. Chelsea got £#%&!ed over, their main transfer target going elsewhere. City got £#%&!ed over, he's worth £15m tops, IMO. And Robinho got £#%&!ed over, he now plays for City rofl

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
This has to be the most ridiculous transfer of all time. At least Tevez and Mascherano were leaving a club in turmoil and moving to a much higher quality league. Robinho is going from being a star player at Real Madrid and a fan favourite at the Bernabeu to training with Michael Ball and Danny Mills; to a stadium half the size which is regularly a third empty; to no guarantee of even Uefa Cup football; to a prime target of fighting it out with Everton and Portsmouth for sixth place in the Premiership; to playing with Darius Vassell. I wonder how long it will take for him to realise what he's done. He'll certainly regret holding that press conference.
I know. It would have been shocking enough if he'd gone directly from Santos to Citeh, or from the Russian league or something like that, but to go from Real Madrid... Words fail me

Unread 02-09-2008, 01:09 AM
neworder

Love how SSN keep calling it a massive deal

Unread 02-09-2008, 01:12 AM
Smiling Bastard

And the fact that they said Utd signing Berbatov was the biggest story of the night.

City have just become the new Chelsea and one of our signings is still bigger news. Always in our shadow.

Unread 02-09-2008, 01:14 AM
ScarFace

I remember when he was being linked with Chelsea, about a week ago. A " expert " on spanish football said he is a good player but very offen goes missing in games and does'nt think he is good enough for the prem.

We'l see.

One thing is true, if you're not happy at Real Madrid, you wont be £#%&!ing happy in wastelands you stupid £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 02-09-2008, 06:38 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Bastard
That line sums this transfer and Man City up to a 'T'.

Unread 02-09-2008, 07:39 AM
tatty

Punters on betfair have pushed out chelsea's price to win the PL by 20% after their lack of signings.

We've come in by the same percentage.

After their 'earth shattering' signing Manchester City's odds have collapsed in to...65-1.

Unread 02-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Thiago

Top class player lads, just as he would have been had he joined Chelsea but now he has less chance of giving himself the best chance to make it in England. And as someone else said, its clearly a case of anyone but Madrid. They disrespected him far too much over the summer and I don't blame him for taking this offer, he'll get ridiculous money + he's got some Brazilian teammates.

Citeh v Chelsea is their next league game, funny.

Unread 02-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Zorg

Is there not a reason Chelsea didn't get him?

Think about it, Chelsea pursued him all summer, they must know all about him and his ability, his desire, etc.

Abramovich is not short of money so something tells me there is a reason why they didn't come back in to outbid city. There must also be a reason Real wanted to sell too.

Unread 02-09-2008, 08:57 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Im just glad Chelsea aint got him, they need him badly.
AAAAAmen

Unread 02-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I wonder how long it will take for Robihno to start acting the @#%&!.

Unread 02-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I wonder how long it will take for Robihno to start acting the @#%&!.
apprently he punched a baby in the face for crying in the airport

Unread 02-09-2008, 09:54 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Im just glad Chelsea aint got him, they need him badly.
Apparently they're not bothered. Happy about it in fact...

Unread 02-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Apparently they're not bothered. Happy about it in fact...
hahaha. I was waiting for this.

I said i'm not bothered

I also said i'm ignorant to how good he is which is probably why i'm not bothered.

And i said this yesterday as well.
Closed Thread