United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Maybe you should try and use Essiens calculator.
Him and Essien bought them from the same dodgy market stall...

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Er, anderson and nani did not cost that much and we haven't spent £30mil on tevez. Other than that you're spot on.
I think the figures for Nani and Anderson are not too far off, to be fair. Besides, Possebon is reported to have cost a couple of million and the twins probably set us back a few quid. You can't really deny that we've spend pretty heavily over the same period.

As MJ says, the most farcical thing about Chelsea's transfer activity is their spending huge fees on the likes of Veron, Crespo and Shevchenko, then selling them for next to nothing a couple of years later. I bet Wright-Phillips goes for a third of what they paid for him. Be interesting to see what they get for Ivanovic, too.

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Maybe you should try and use Essiens calculator.

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think the figures for Nani and Anderson are not too far off, to be fair. Besides, Possebom is reported to have cost a couple of million and the twins probably set us back a few quid. You can't really deny that we've spend pretty heavily over the same period.

As MJ says, the most farcical thing about Chelsea's transfer activity is their spending huge fees on the likes of Veron, Crespo and Shevchenko, then selling them for next to nothing a couple of years later. I bet Wright-Phillips goes for a third of what they paid for him. Be interesting to see what they get for Ivanovic, too.
From what I gather about Anderson and Nani, the fees were closer to about £12m rising depending on certain factors in years to come. Tevez isn't even our player technically, so all this crap about £30mil is a load of %@#$&!s.

Someone who did cost £30mil however was Shevchenko, officially the biggest flop in the history of english football.

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think the figures for Nani and Anderson are not too far off, to be fair. Besides, Possebom is reported to have cost a couple of million and the twins probably set us back a few quid. You can't really deny that we've spend pretty heavily over the same period.

there is no denying we have paid over inflated prices in the past. However many of our best buys have been fairly astute. And we did win the league back to back. Plus we have made money on some players including Robben and Sidwell

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:10 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever
Course. No one comes to United for the money, it's all for the love of the team and the club. Take for example your best player last season Mr C. Ronaldo... oh... errm...
Difference being that at United and almost any other football club the books have to balance as the owners are in it to make a profit. So if United spend big on a player it's because that money has been generated through the club - gates, tv, merchandise etc. Generally the more success = the more money generated which if reinvested wisely (after the owners have taken their cut) means more success.

This applies to all clubs at whatever level EXCEPT ONE. They are a rich Russian's toy and don't need to balance books. They SHOULD WIN EVERYTHING.

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
there is no denying we have paid over inflated prices in the past. However many of our best buys have been fairly astute. And we did win the league back to back. Plus we have made money on some players including Robben and Sidwell
the main reason why all your recent signings have been flops/shit is because peter @#%&!yon ran out of names on his 'players united are after' list. The only reason the likes of Robben, Essien and Mikel ended up at chelsea is because of the grinning scumbag and his insider info.

When his 'tip offs' ended and it was left up to you lot to find players you made a £#%&!ing pigs ear of it.

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Whatever

Quote:
the main reason why all your recent signings have been flops/shit is because peter @#%&!yon ran out of names on his 'players united are after' list. The only reason the likes of Robben, Essien and Mikel ended up at chelsea is because of the grinning scumbag and his insider info.

When his 'tip offs' ended and it was left up to you lot to find players you made a £#%&!ing pigs ear of it.
Right. No one had heard of Essien and Robben apart from United scouts

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Difference being that at United and almost any other football club the books have to balance as the owners are in it to make a profit. So if United spend big on a player it's because that money has been generated through the club - gates, tv, merchandise etc. Generally the more success = the more money generated which if reinvested wisely (after the owners have taken their cut) means more success.

This applies to all clubs at whatever level EXCEPT ONE. They are a rich Russian's toy and don't need to balance books. They SHOULD WIN EVERYTHING.
by that reasoning only successful teams would ever win anything. So basically no one should ever try and challange Manchester United.

Sparky started a thread about how much money we'd spent. I pointed out that you'd spent a similar amount. Now that you can't deny it everyone has changed the argument to hundred different things.

Anyway my work is done. You lot can all have a cry about how unfair the whole thing is on Manchester United.

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
by that reasoning only successful teams would ever win anything. So basically no one should ever try and challange Manchester United.

Sparky started a thread about how much money we'd spent. I pointed out that you'd spent a similar amount. Now that you can't deny it everyone has changed the argument to hundred different things.

Anyway my work is done. You lot can all have a cry about how unfair the whole thing is on Manchester United.
I actually started listing your signings from 2004 and when Roman arrived against ours...

I got Bored Cutting and pasting yours.....

nothing is unfair when you are champions of Europe champions of England..

Safe journey home.

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Cry? Cry? I think you'll find I started this thread deriding your attempts to overthrow us.

Say what you like about our signings anyway, they brought us unimagined success. yours got you nowhere, except anelka he was your greatest signing i thought.

Unread 27-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Ivanovic £9m

Where is that @#%&!?
£#%&! you, you £#%&!ing £#%&!er!

I've read this wrong again haven't I?

Unread 27-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Tronics

That's why there always has to be a distinction between United type spending and Chelksi.

No other club in the world could afford to have a 20m+ player on the bench/reserves (ala SWP).

It's insane the amount of money they splash around and to think their most recent buys have probs been their best imo (ballack on a free, deco for 8 or so million).

I keep on hoping Abramovich will walk out but the chances of that are slim imo.

P.S. Oh and just to add, am i the only person that thinks Robinho's valuation is crazy? I've watched him a few times @ Madrid and i've not been that impressed. Doesn't stamp his mark on games enough, doesn't have the best goal return and is pretty slight in terms of figure...

Unread 27-08-2008, 06:36 PM
magic_cantona

It makes me laugh when I hear 'Chelsea are only doing what United have done over the years:Bought the league'.

Uniteds cash has all been self generated and not from one over-night benefactor.So it'll always be infinatley different.

And Whatever, I think it's obvious that Kenyon was very devious with regards to Uniteds transfer targets and them going to Chelsea.Do you honestly believe that Kenyon going to Chelsea and then Essien and Robben was just a big coincidence?Or that Kenyon £#%&!ing the Ronaldinho deal up was coincidence too?

Don't make me laugh.

Unread 27-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
course. Robinho hasn't even signed and he's included. And since when were Deco and Malouda bought in the same season? If you're going to argue at least get your facts right.
£#%&!ing hell chill your beans son.

Unread 27-08-2008, 10:50 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
You've spent a pittance. Boo hoo. Poor poor United. You have to have the scraps from the conference.
You can almost taste the bitterness of Moscow in that post. Delicious

The renters are only doing what Milan did in the late 80s & early 90s - but AC Milan had the decency to actually spend their ill gotten wealth on producing one of the finest footballing sides ever seen (well, under Saachi at least).

Chelsea's hundreds of millions have up till now produced a side little better to watch then Watford under Graham Taylor.

Unread 27-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

The renters are only doing what Milan did in the late 80s & early 90s - but AC Milan had the decency to actually spend their ill gotten wealth on producing one of the finest footballing sides ever seen (well, under Saachi at least).

Chelsea's hundreds of millions have up till now produced a side little better to watch then Watford under Graham Taylor.
Course it is. Anyone would think that you grow your players at Carrington that's all.

I admit we weren't great to watch last season but we will be this season. Just like we were when we won the title in 05

Unread 27-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Half a billion in 5 years. Half. A. Billion.

£500,000,000

Sometimes you need to just say it out loud to get your head round just how much money they've £#%&!ed away to get anywhere near our level. And they're still not there yet.

Unread 27-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Half a billion in 5 years. Half. A. Billion.

£500,000,000

Sometimes you need to just say it out loud to get your head round just how much money they've £#%&!ed away to get anywhere near our level. And they're still not there yet.
You chose to choose success. Round of applause for Sparky.

Unread 27-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
You chose to choose success. Round of applause for Sparky.
Come again?
Closed Thread