United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Sparky***

Default So, assuming they get Robinho, just how much would the rent boys have spent in the last 2 years?

in their attempts to catch the mighty reds?

Unread 27-08-2008, 03:22 PM
MJ Ramone

An obscene amount.

The worst thing is all the losses they've made on the likes of Sheva, Veron, Duff, Mutu...& most likely Wright Phillips &/or Cole if Robinho comes in.
It £#%&!ing reeks of desperation.

I hope we're the first team to end their unbeaten run at the Bridge this season.
We're long overdue a good result at one of the big London Clubs.

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Sparky***

Here's what i've got it in the last year alone..

anelka £15m
malouda £13.5m
deco £8m
botsingwa £16m
Ivanovic £9m
Belletti undisclosed fee
Robinho £28m

£89.5 million. That's an insane amount of money. I'm sure their total since abramovich took over has gone well over the half a billion mark now.

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Whatever

You've spent a pittance. Boo hoo. Poor poor United. You have to have the scraps from the conference.

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Its Their year though this year................

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Stickman

Ivanovic £9m

Where is that @#%&!?

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Here's what i've got it in the last year alone..

anelka £15m
malouda £13.5m
deco £8m
botsingwa £16m
Ivanovic £9m
Belletti undisclosed fee
Robinho £28m

£89.5 million. That's an insane amount of money. I'm sure their total since abramovich took over has gone well over the half a billion mark now.
They also signed that lanky Argentine kid for what I bet was a stupid amount of money.

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Whatever

Using Sparky's calculator (counting players that haven't even signed yet) that would mean United have spent...

Anderson 17m
Nani 14m
Hargreaves 17m
Berbatov £28m
Tevez - £30m

makes £106m

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:35 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever
You've spent a pittance. Boo hoo. Poor poor United. You have to have the scraps from the conference.

I don't think that's the point of the thread is it.

Nobody is casting envious glances at Stamford Bridge & nobody is saying we don't spend big money...but we spend big money on players we NEED.
We don't just piss money up the wall on player after player just for spending's sake.

You can't compare any other Club with the way Chelsea & Abramovich do transfer business.

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Using Sparky's calculator (counting players that haven't even signed yet) that would mean United have spent...

Anderson 17m
Nani 14m
Hargreaves 17m
Berbatov £28m
Tevez - £30m

makes £106m
Don't think Tevez will end up costing quite that much, but fair point

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

I don't think that's the point of the thread is it.

Nobody is casting envious glances at Stamford Bridge & nobody is saying we don't spend big money...but we spend big money on players we NEED.
We don't just piss money up the wall on player after player just for spending's sake.

You can't compare any other Club with the way Chelsea & Abramovich do transfer business.
Point still stands. Not every player you have bought has been a success and nor will they be. Sparky was talking about the amount of money spent - i pointed out you've spent similar.

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Point still stands. Not every player you have bought has been a success and nor will they be. Sparky was talking about the amount of money spent - i pointed out you've spent similar.
I'm glad we don't have the money to buy some of the utter utter Disgusting #@&%!s you have bought to chase united.

That helps me sleep at night.....

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Anderson 17m
Nani 14m
Hargreaves 17m
Berbatov £28m
Tevez - £30m

makes £106m
Er, anderson and nani did not cost that much and we haven't spent £30mil on tevez. Other than that you're spot on.

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Mr_Ed

They will have broken even by 2010/2012/2014/2016 (delete as appropriate Kenyon) and will be the biggest club in the world - once they've won the champions league.

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Macca1990

Quote:

Anderson 17m
Nani 14m
Hargreaves 17m
Berbatov £28m
Tevez - £30m

makes £106m
Thats two seasons worth of players right there, where as chelseas is one.

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:59 PM
plopborsky

look at united over the past 3 seasons and you will find that we have spent £#%&! all the season before we won the league back we only signed carrick.

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
Thats two seasons worth of players right there, where as chelseas is one.
course. Robinho hasn't even signed and he's included. And since when were Deco and Malouda bought in the same season? If you're going to argue at least get your facts right.

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Don Stuarte

Quote:
I only recall one player over £10m that wasnt a success and that would be Veron.

I would even argue with this being used as a comparison to Chelsea's spending as £10m is small compared to what you have paid for crap

Plus, in the grand scheme of things - Veron won one premiership which more than all the Chelsea players mentioned in this thread.

[EDIT] I am aware he cost £28m - Just using £10m as a bench mark

nft

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I'm glad we don't have the money to buy some of the utter utter Disgusting #@&%!s you have bought to chase united.

That helps me sleep at night.....

Course. No one comes to United for the money, it's all for the love of the team and the club. Take for example your best player last season Mr C. Ronaldo... oh... errm...

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Using Sparky's calculator
Maybe you should try and use Essiens calculator.
Closed Thread