United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2020, 12:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Iggy (not technically our player lol) , James, The Scottish Player, Williams, Fred, Bailly, Mata

Add the two that we’ll hopefully sign in the summer meaning Matic and Greenwood would be more used as squad players instead of starting every single week (although he’s probably good enough, just with Sancho he’ll see less game time I expect)

I’m not talking about a squad good enough to challenge.... yet, You said we wouldn’t make top four which I think we should with that squad.

Like Dr said, let’s get the right players in instead of bringing in lesser players just because we have to stretch our transfer budget.

Let’s not forget Leicester, Sheffield United and Wolves have been/are challenging for CL spots.

Look we get it, you’re a miserable pumpkin headed #@&%! that enjoys being a doomlord. Some of us prefer to look at the positives instead of trying to turn every thread into depressing mind numbing %@#$&!s.
Realist pal. I’m a realist.

Spurs and Arsenal won’t be as bad and will strengthen to some degree, City and Chelsea are already strengthening. It’s going to be 11 straight months of football for a side that look £#%&!ed now. Couple of injuries and we’re right in shit street.

Agree with the idea of signing the right players, do it too slowly though and it’ll undermine the development of the team/squad.

Unread 23-07-2020, 12:44 PM
atticusgrinch

Offer him to PSG. See if they'll swap for Verratti.

Because he's £#%&! all use in defensive midfield.

Unread 23-07-2020, 12:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Realist pal. I’m a realist.

Spurs and Arsenal won’t be as bad and will strengthen to some degree, City and Chelsea are already strengthening. It’s going to be 11 straight months of football for a side that look £#%&!ed now. Couple of injuries and we’re right in shit street.

Agree with the idea of signing the right players, do it too slowly though and it’ll undermine the development of the team/squad.
Realist my £#%&!ing arse

Arsenal and spurs will improve but we won’t?

Nothing wrong with a bit of realism but you're talking out of your arse and being negative just for the sake of it. Yeah we’ve got our problems, but you’d think we were on the verge of being relegated reading your %@#$&!s in every thread.

Give it a rest ffs.

Unread 23-07-2020, 12:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Realist my £#%&!ing arse

Arsenal and spurs will improve but we won’t?

Nothing wrong with a bit of realism but you're talking out of your arse and being negative just for the sake of it. Yeah we’ve got our problems, but you’d think we were on the verge of being relegated reading your %@#$&!s in every thread.

Give it a rest ffs.
You think Spurs and Arsenal are going to be scratching around mid-table again?

You’re a £#%&!ing plum.

Unread 23-07-2020, 12:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
You think Spurs and Arsenal are going to be scratching around mid-table again?

You’re a £#%&!ing plum.
Yeah that’s exactly what I said.

Idiot.

Unread 23-07-2020, 12:57 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Iggy (not technically our player lol) , James, The Scottish Player, Williams, Fred, Bailly, Mata

Add the two that we’ll hopefully sign in the summer meaning Matic and Greenwood would be more used as squad players instead of starting every single week (although he’s probably good enough, just with Sancho he’ll see less game time I expect)

I’m not talking about a squad good enough to challenge.... yet, You said we wouldn’t make top four which I think we should with that squad.

Like Dr said, let’s get the right players in instead of bringing in lesser players just because we have to stretch our transfer budget.

Let’s not forget Leicester, Sheffield United and Wolves have been/are challenging for CL spots.

Look we get it, you’re a miserable pumpkin headed #@&%! that enjoys being a doomlord. Some of us prefer to look at the positives instead of trying to turn every thread into depressing mind numbing %@#$&!s.

Unread 23-07-2020, 12:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yeah that’s exactly what I said.

Idiot.
yeah, I’m the idiot

Unread 23-07-2020, 01:06 PM
shenwen

i agree with Dunk that our squad is very sketchy and we need 3-4 to make a challenge. Last four games we've been back at pre-Bruno form. Most likely because we've been playing him for every minute since he got here. Can't do that next season. We need a deeper squad. Selling Pogba could help raise the cash to do this.

What I don't agree with is that the squad isn't top 4. Clearly it is Seem to remember Dunk earlier in the season saying our squad was on the same level as Watford. That's not realism.

Unread 23-07-2020, 01:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
i agree with Dunk that our squad is very sketchy and we need 3-4 to make a challenge. Last four games we've been back at pre-Bruno form. Most likely because we've been playing him for every minute since he got here. Can't do that next season. We need a deeper squad.

What I don't agree with is that the squad isn't top 4. Clearly it is Seem to remember Dunk earlier in the season saying our squad was on the same level as Watford. That's not realism.
Without Bruno we’d be mid-table. My assessment of the squad as finishing 8th was pre-Bruno. The comparison to Watford was after they beat us and that they had more midfield and attacking options than us. Which they did, and that feeds back in to what I’m saying now and was painfully evident last night and Sunday.

We’ve benefited massively from the turmoil at Spurs and Arsenal, nqat.

Unread 23-07-2020, 01:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
i agree with Dunk that our squad is very sketchy and we need 3-4 to make a challenge. Last four games we've been back at pre-Bruno form. Most likely because we've been playing him for every minute since he got here. Can't do that next season. We need a deeper squad. Selling Pogba could help raise the cash to do this.

I think we all agree that we’re not quite good enough to make a challenge yet.

Did he really compare our squad to Watford

Jesus... what a dick.

Quote:
Without Bruno we’d be mid-table. My assessment of the squad as finishing 8th was pre-Bruno. The comparison to Watford was after they beat us and that they had more midfield and attacking options than us. Which they did, and that feeds back in to what I’m saying now and was painfully evident last night and Sunday.

We’ve benefited massively from the turmoil at Spurs and Arsenal, nqat.
So one player has been the difference to us potentially finishing 4th this season but only two signings in the summer will mean we’ll have no chance of finishing 4th next season?...

Okay

Unread 23-07-2020, 01:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
I think we all agree that we’re not quite good enough to make a challenge yet.

Did he really compare our squad to Watford

Jesus... what a dick.
That’s how bad it is outside the first XI. When I compared there was no Pogba, Martial or Bruno, they beat us comfortably and we barely registered a shot on goal. They were able to bring attacking players on and make changes in midfield, we weren’t.

Unread 23-07-2020, 01:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
yeah, I’m the idiot
Yes you clearly are.

Unread 23-07-2020, 01:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
So one player has been the difference to us potentially finishing 4th this season but only two signings in the summer will mean we’ll have no chance of finishing 4th next season?...

Okay
I was going to ask if you’re really this dim, but it’s a question that answers itself

2 players would be a good start, but would still leave us miles short and having to run the same players into the ground, which results in injuries and what occurred in the first half of the season. Look at Bruno ffs. He’s dropped off massively following his initial impact.

Unread 23-07-2020, 01:33 PM
AK14

Quote:
I was going to ask if you’re really this dim, but it’s a question that answers itself

2 players would be a good start, but would still leave us miles short and having to run the same players into the ground, which results in injuries and what occurred in the first half of the season. Look at Bruno ffs. He’s dropped off massively following his initial impact.
So now two players would be a good start

Have a good day dunk.

Anyway back to pogba...

Hopefully we sell and are able to use the money to replace him, can’t see that happening though tbh.

Unread 23-07-2020, 01:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
So now two players would be a good start

Have a good day dunk.
Yes, because we want 4 ideally

Christ you’re thick

Unread 23-07-2020, 01:36 PM
AK14

Quote:
Yes, because we want 4 ideally

Christ you’re thick
I’m not the one comparing our squad to Watford’s tbf pal, that’ll be you...

Unread 23-07-2020, 01:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
I’m not the one comparing our squad to Watford’s tbf pal, that’ll be you...
Again, just proving how thick you are.

Unread 23-07-2020, 01:53 PM
utd99

I feel for Ole, I really do. He’s fighting tooth and nail to get us to the next step, but he’s totally hamstrung by the legacy of the previous two clowns. It’s not rocket science why he keeps going to the same 11 despite the risks associated with it; when he came into the job our squad was bloated with awful buys and players clearly not fit for purpose - seriously, how long was it supposed to take to determine that Lingard, Pereira, Jones, Mata and the rest were never going to move this club forward? We all knew it, but here they still all are. Ole’s options.

There was literally no way he was going to be able to shift all the deadwood he inherited without severely limiting his options. The alternative would have been keeping their mardy arses and killing the spirit in the changing room. Truly damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Re Pogba: newsflash; world class midfielders are world class midfielders because they play like world class midfielders, not because some gobshite pundit says they are.

Unread 23-07-2020, 02:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I feel for Ole, I really do. He’s fighting tooth and nail to get us to the next step, but he’s totally hamstrung by the legacy of the previous two clowns. It’s not rocket science why he keeps going to the same 11 despite the risks associated with it; when he came into the job our squad was bloated with awful buys and players clearly not fit for purpose - seriously, how long was it supposed to take to determine that Lingard, Pereira, Jones, Mata and the rest were never going to move this club forward? We all knew it, but here they still all are. Ole’s options.

There was literally no way he was going to be able to shift all the deadwood he inherited without severely limiting his options. The alternative would have been keeping their mardy arses and killing the spirit in the changing room. Truly damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Re Pogba: newsflash; world class midfielders are world class midfielders because they play like world class midfielders, not because some gobshite pundit says they are.
Spot on. We all knew this would take several years and windows to sort out, and so it's proving... but we are improving and the type of team he wants is taking shape the longer he's here.

Since lockdown, we've seen how far we've come and also how far we have to go.

It's easy to forget this is still only his first full season.

If we can get what we need on Sunday, he will have done remarkably well and we'll continue to improve.

Unread 23-07-2020, 03:13 PM
utd99

I doubt this on again/ off again relationship with Pogba is ever going to change. One month he’ll be the born again saviour, the next he’ll be the juvenile waste of money who needs binning, ad infinitum.
Closed Thread