United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2020, 10:43 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It's not 1993 anymore mate.
I understand and I was being facetious so apologies. My point really was that I don’t give a £#%&! how we qualify really but there’s also a big part of me that thinks another season out of the CL wouldn’t do us any harm.

Unread 08-07-2020, 11:19 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I understand and I was being facetious so apologies. My point really was that I don’t give a f*** how we qualify really but there’s also a big part of me that thinks another season out of the CL wouldn’t do us any harm.
Fair enough. Didn't get that.

I care in the sense that it reflects our progress. We should be finishing top four. If we can nudge ahead of Leicester and Chelsea, proving the 'best of the rest', I think it will be a season of progress for Ole.

We need to be in the CL. Financially, in terms of attracting players. It's less about the competition itself, which could consist of 6 underwhelming games and no more, but about having some standing.

Top teams play in the CL. We need to be there.

Unread 08-07-2020, 11:37 AM
barca99

Wolves fail to win tonight and you would think (hope) that would be top 5 done and dusted.

Unread 08-07-2020, 11:42 AM
jem

Quote:
another season out of the CL wouldn’t do us any harm.
it would. from a player/team development angle, we will be better in a year, but there is no reason not let cl be part of that development.

from the point of view of the best players wanting to play for united, it is essential that we can offer cl football. and that goes for a couple already at the club.

Unread 08-07-2020, 11:42 AM
dunk

Could do with the CL money more than anything tbh.

Unread 08-07-2020, 11:47 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it would. from a player/team development angle, we will be better in a year, but there is no reason not let cl be part of that development.

from the point of view of the best players wanting to play for united, it is essential that we can offer cl football. and that goes for a couple already at the club.
This.

CL qualification could be the difference between Pogba & Sancho being here next season or not.

Unread 08-07-2020, 11:48 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Agreed ()

At no point or under no circumstance is it better for us to be out of the Champions League next season ffs.

Unread 08-07-2020, 11:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Fair enough. Didn't get that.

I care in the sense that it reflects our progress. We should be finishing top four. If we can nudge ahead of Leicester and Chelsea, proving the 'best of the rest', I think it will be a season of progress for Ole.

We need to be in the CL. Financially, in terms of attracting players. It's less about the competition itself, which could consist of 6 underwhelming games and no more, but about having some standing.

Top teams play in the CL. We need to be there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Could do with the CL money more than anything tbh.
Quote:
This.

CL qualification could be the difference between Pogba & Sancho being here next season or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Agreed ()

At no point or under no circumstance is it better for us to be out of the Champions League next season ffs.
Agreed. Was £#%&!ing ridiculous to think otherwise.

Unread 08-07-2020, 11:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
4 players started on own half of that was any Utd player anybody would say goal of season. Fact
Beat 1 player, ran 50 yards unchallenged and a decent strike from 20 yards. Very good goal, but your hyperbole knows no bounds.

Unread 08-07-2020, 12:08 PM
puressence

Quote:
Beat 1 player, ran 50 yards unchallenged and a decent strike from 20 yards. Very good goal, but your hyperbole knows no bounds.
4 players and 60 yards and 23 yard finish

Unread 08-07-2020, 12:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Right, I've got to watch this goal now....

Unread 08-07-2020, 12:09 PM
believe

Quote:
Sounds £#%&!ing brilliant doesn't it.

Unread 08-07-2020, 12:11 PM
jem

Quote:
your hyperbole knows no bounds.

Unread 08-07-2020, 12:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 08-07-2020, 12:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Sounds f***ing brilliant doesn't it.
Just watched.

It's actually better than I thought it would be

He beats two at the most, though Pure the player just before the halfway line and the defender backing off before the shot.

There's players around, but he doesn't beat any of them.

That's like me heading out to the shops and claiming I took on the entire street along the way.

Unread 08-07-2020, 12:20 PM
Chris Quayd

He beats 4 players

Took on two of them, the second admittedly didn’t put up much of a fight and beat two others to a ball. Did it all quickly and cleanly, much better than the overrated Weah goal at the same stadium.

Unread 08-07-2020, 12:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Beats the first one, nobody else goes anywhere near him. Perhaps because they couldn’t get anywhere near him, but still..

Unread 08-07-2020, 12:34 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 08-07-2020, 12:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Not being in the EL is as big an incentive as being in the CL hope we’re never in that competition again after this season ffs.

Unread 08-07-2020, 12:46 PM
puressence

4 players. Like giggs in 99 and fans claiming he beat 9 players

Quote:
Love u
Closed Thread