United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2020, 10:52 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Not at all. All 4 (adding in Martial) can play in different positions if playing a front 3. As this season has shown, injuries and what not will happen- they’d all get plenty of games.

He’d be a brilliant addition, a proper United signing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Greenwood has started 8 games or so and we did 2 months each without Martial and Rashford.
Fair points.

Unless we are going to splash the cash big time id be going for a DM first though then someone like Sancho.

Unread 07-07-2020, 10:53 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
hattrick v villa coming.
He will finish goals but he's way below Martial or Greenwood.

He's still a great payer to have in a front three imo. And his finishing is improving. Reminds me of Rooney in his selflessness.

Unread 07-07-2020, 10:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Fair points.

Unless we are going to splash the cash big time id be going for a DM first though then someone like Sancho.
I disagree. I'd say our forward line needs top investment, we need to score circa 30 more goals a season.

we spent £130m on the defence last summer.

Unread 07-07-2020, 10:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Fair points.

Our weakness since 2013 has been lack of goals. Fill the team with goal threat and options/variety from the bench imo.

Or stop £#%&!ing about and address as much as possible. That Soumare we keep getting linked with is available for £25m apparently. That’s £#%&! all

Unread 07-07-2020, 11:01 PM
puressence

People laughing at pulisic obviously not watching the magnificent bastard

Unread 07-07-2020, 11:21 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
People laughing at pulisic obviously not watching the magnificent bastard
Yeah he’s a good player aswell. But ten times better than Sancho ffs? Nah.

Unread 07-07-2020, 11:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
If he wants to stay and compete for 2nd in germany then fair play. Great players look for a challenge. He's looking foir the best career moves. £#%&! him if he's not interested.
Tbf the above rumours are probably just the usual agent bullshit.

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:19 PM
Vedder

We need to forget about this lad honestly. Attacking is the least of our worries.

Our £#%&!ing defence and keeper though Dave needs replacing, not sure Henderson is ready yet but can’t be worse than De Gea this season tbh and as for the back 4 would buy 2 full backs, A CB and give Henderson a go. Defenders who can trap a ball and pass. Watching us passing it out from the back is £#%&!ing torture the useless £#%&!ing @#%&!s

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:23 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
We need to forget about this lad honestly. Attacking is the least of our worries.

Our f***ing defence and keeper though Dave needs replacing, not sure Henderson is ready yet but can’t be worse than De Gea this season tbh and as for the back 4 would buy 2 full backs, A CB and give Henderson a go. Defenders who can trap a ball and pass. Watching us passing it out from the back is f***ing torture the useless f***ing c***s
Oozing chances today...

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:34 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Oozing chances today...
Weren’t full strength were we

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:35 PM
Sparky***

You can get the best forwards in the world but it's not going to be much help when you can't get the ball from the defender up to them.

If one thing needs sorting its our £#%&!ing distribution of the ball from back to front, It's £#%&!ing shambolic.

the way we deal with a high press is really £#%&!ing piss poor. We have no idea how to combat it.

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:40 PM
Red Santos

Sancho, a top Centre back, centre midfielder and centre forward is needed if we want to mount a serious challenge for the league.

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:41 PM
AK14

Tbf we’ve kept 13 clean sheets out of the last 20 games (I think?)

We need a left back and CB but this kid is a must have because we’re crying out for an actual right sided forward (Mason is the balls but his future is more centrally imo).

Williams will develop and then there’s also Axel, that other big lump in the academy and also Ethan Laird to hopefully add more depth to those positions.

A proper DM that can dictate the game is more important than defenders at the moment imo.

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Tbf we’ve kept 13 clean sheets out of the last 20 games (I think?)

We need a left back and CB but this kid is a must have because we’re crying out for an actual right sided forward (Mason is the balls but his future is more centrally imo).

Williams will develop and then there’s also Axel, that other big lump in the academy and also Ethan Laird to hopefully add more depth to those positions.

A proper DM that can dictate the game is more important than defenders at the moment imo.
This. Need to upgrade the midfield and add to the forward line. If we can shift any or all of the redundant 5 CB’s currently on the books, then buy a CB by all means..

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:50 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Weren’t full strength were we
Was only playing

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:56 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Sounds like you’re in a good place.
Let me have a wobble pal.

Unread 19-07-2020, 09:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Let me have a wobble pal.

Agreed on Maguire btw.

Unread 19-07-2020, 10:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I like his character, he’s really not that great a player though. Just don’t see us having much success with him as a lynchpin. Helped cost us a couple of goals today, his passing was atrocious throughout. Not the only one, but he’s your captain

Hope it was just the knock to the noggin that threw him off.

Bailly is a f***ing liability. How do we have so many players incapable of staying fit for 90 f***ing minutes? Him, Jones, Tuanzebe, Dalot, Rojo.. f***s sake
I feel pretty much the same, but I do think he'll look a lot better with a better partner. For a myriad of reasons, nobody currently at the club is good enough. And there's about f***ing ten of them.

Genuinely, honestly forgot that #@&%! Rojo is still here.

Unread 19-07-2020, 10:36 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
I like his character, he’s really not that great a player though. Just don’t see us having much success with him as a lynchpin. Helped cost us a couple of goals today, his passing was atrocious throughout. Not the only one, but he’s your captain

Hope it was just the knock to the noggin that threw him off.

Bailly is a £#%&!ing liability. How do we have so many players incapable of staying fit for 90 £#%&!ing minutes? Him, Jones, Tuanzebe, Dalot, Rojo.. £#%&!s sake
One point after we scored, he had the ball for about 15 seconds, running in circles trying to escape Chelsea players. Could've put the Benny Hill music to it. Hes £#%&!ing gash. Might do ok alongside a proper top rater but as the main man hes useless.

Unread 19-07-2020, 10:57 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Genuinely, honestly forgot that #@&%! Rojo is still here.
I thought we'd sold him last summer.

I'm going to check the squad list, probably find Mal Donaghy still on the books.
Closed Thread