United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2020, 09:18 PM
redhegemony

Default Spurs v Everton

Shockingly poor game. Utter mediocrity all over the park.

Not even any tasty tackles.

Unread 06-07-2020, 09:19 PM
waynes ear's

bookmarked

Unread 06-07-2020, 09:25 PM
redhegemony

Andre Gomes is awful. Pickford let a corner through his hands. Son and Loris had a barney at ht which has been the highlight.

Unread 06-07-2020, 09:29 PM
Vedder

One of the worst games of football ever

Unread 06-07-2020, 09:30 PM
dunk

So painfully dull. Always used to be a decent game, can tell who the managers are

Agreed re: Gomez, utter shit, 10x the player Sigurdsson is though, absolutely pointless bastard.

Unread 06-07-2020, 09:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Spurs players fighting amongst themselves.

I see that Mourinho team spirit is kicking in nicely.

Unread 06-07-2020, 09:33 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
So painfully dull. Always used to be a decent game, can tell who the managers are

Agreed re: Gomez, utter shit, 10x the player Sigurdsson is though, absolutely pointless bastard.
Everton paid 5 million less for him than we did for Fernandes.

Unread 06-07-2020, 09:42 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Andre Gomes is awful. Pickford let a corner through his hands. Son and Loris had a barney at ht which has been the highlight.
You mean a row, or argument?

Unread 06-07-2020, 09:44 PM
armchair

I watched the first 20 minutes, it seemed like hours.

Unread 06-07-2020, 09:46 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Spurs players fighting amongst themselves.

I see that Mourinho team spirit is kicking in nicely.
I love how for years we all thought Martial was a massive sulk. Mourinho leaves and its been non-stop cheesy grins from the lad. Honestly think the team got more of a lift from him leaving than Moyes.

Unread 06-07-2020, 09:49 PM
Hyman_Roth

Mou is like a cancer. He kills everything he goes near. Genuinely felt a big cloud lift when he left us - it surprised me because I really couldn’t stand him towards the end but I hadn’t properly appreciated how dark and cloudy he made the whole thing. How grim he made it all.

Possibly the worst appointment spurs could have made. A club known for their flair and positivity saddled with that virus. Horrific.

Unread 06-07-2020, 09:54 PM
dunk

One of the worst games ever.

Ranks up there with most of the Mourinho tenure at OT

Ancelotti failed miserably tonight too.

Unread 06-07-2020, 11:10 PM
red in cumbria

But of course Mou Mou will see it as a success because Spurs won.

Unread 07-07-2020, 09:19 AM
MUFC One Love

Mourinho.....zzz

Thank god he isn't at United.

Unread 07-07-2020, 09:38 AM
jem

from the times.

Quote:
He is a tactician, sending out sides to disrupt, and Spurs’ treatment of Richarlison seemed almost fouling by rotation, which the referee Graham Scott realised only in the second half.
no shit, henry. like when they played us. and everyone else.

£#%&!ing stupid refs.

Unread 07-07-2020, 02:38 PM
Dr Stranger

You could maybe tolerate Mourinho's flaws for his ability to win. That was the trade off and the dilemma you faced with him.

But he seems past it, whereas the cynicism and bullshit that comes with him is as strong as ever.

Each new appointment seems to knock his stock another level down. If he fails with Spurs, he's already well on his way, then any top club would be daft to go near him.

He's just pure poison now with no redeeming qualities.

Unread 07-07-2020, 02:43 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
You could maybe tolerate Mourinho's flaws for his ability to win. That was the trade off and the dilemma you faced with him.

But he seems past it, whereas the cynicism and bullshit that comes with him is as strong as ever.

Each new appointment seems to knock his stock another level down. If he fails with Spurs, he's already well on his way, then any top club would be daft to go near him.

He's just pure poison now with no redeeming qualities.
That last season at Chelsea broke him I think. He walked the league and then just totally lost them, and I don’t think he could grasp that he was to blame; it must have rocked his already fragile ego when they turned on him, especially with his romanticised first spell there, he probably never imagined that would happen.

Since then it’s just been the worst of bitter Mourinho, with absolutely none of the charm that he had early on.

Unread 07-07-2020, 02:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
That last season at Chelsea broke him I think. He walked the league and then just totally lost them, and I don’t think he could grasp that he was to blame; it must have rocked his already fragile ego when they turned on him, especially with his romanticised first spell there, he probably never imagined that would happen.

Since then it’s just been the worst of bitter Mourinho, with absolutely none of the charm that he had early on.
Perhaps I'm getting soft in my age, but it makes me a bit sad to see. He's an important part of the last 20 years. He brought us some success too, so I've got no personal gripe with him, as such. He was, as you say, charming. He had a good sense of humour and always seemed to thrive off being the villain.

Now, he just seems like he hates the game. Entirely joyless and just on the defensive about his record. He's looked like he wants to retire for years.

And, fundamentally, he just isnt very good anymore.

Unread 07-07-2020, 02:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Perhaps I'm getting soft in my age, but it makes me a bit sad to see. He's an important part of the last 20 years. He brought us some success too, so I've got no personal gripe with him, as such. He was, as you say, charming. He had a good sense of humour and always seemed to thrive off being the villain.

Now, he just seems like he hates the game. Entirely joyless and just on the defensive about his record. He's looked like he wants to retire for years.

He could just go into retirement whenever he felt like, just on the money United and Chelsea paid him to £#%&! off

I can’t stand the man. Was finished at Madrid imo.

Unread 07-07-2020, 02:57 PM
utd99

Quote:

It’s easy to be charming when you’re winning, but deep down he’s always been a spiteful little narcissist. No hiding that behind trophies any more I’m afraid.
Closed Thread