United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-09-2021, 07:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
a

No idea. That wasn’t the point though - just we could do with Herrera IMO

Ok Mr Pedant sir! But we allowed him to leave because we didn’t sort his contract. It’s still bad management from the club. Personally I think he’s better than Fred…
We offered him a deal, he wanted more, he wasn’t worth it. One of the few bits of good business from United on contract renewals tbh. And no, not better than Fred.

‘Could do with Herrera’ shite.

Unread 16-09-2021, 10:15 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We offered him a deal, he wanted more, he wasn’t worth it. One of the few bits of good business from United on contract renewals tbh. And no, not better than Fred.

‘Could do with Herrera’ shite.
Glad you’re not running the club.

I actually thought Fred had one of his better games on Tuesday - wish he was like that more often.

Unread 16-09-2021, 10:20 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Glad you’re not running the club.

I actually thought Fred had one of his better games on Tuesday - wish he was like that more often.
You should wish I was running the club pal. We’d have proper midfielders, and none of them would be Herrera. Or Fred tbf.

Pining for Herrera

Unread 16-09-2021, 11:00 AM
92ToBury

The Scottish Player's the best we've got in that position. Unfortunately, that's a much lower bar than the rest of the team. £30m + Lingard for Rice in the January window.

Unread 16-09-2021, 11:09 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
The Scottish Player's the best we've got in that position. Unfortunately, that's a much lower bar than the rest of the team. £30m + Lingard for Rice in the January window.
Not a chance.

£90m or £100m + Lingard.

Unread 16-09-2021, 11:16 AM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Will be cup tied by then in the Europa…

Unread 16-09-2021, 11:21 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Will be cup tied by then in the Europa…
He won’t. Can register up to 2 players that have previously appeared in European competition these days.

Still won’t happen though.

Unread 16-09-2021, 03:07 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
and they say the table never lies.

performances, not points, are a better guide to where we are. struggling, as it goes, without a £#%&!ing midfield. if you're not angry about this, you should be. it is not a recipe for sustaining our position at the top. it's lucky we haven't played anyone good. we have been humiliated in victory.
Yeah I've been on the floor in tears after every win this season. The Newcastle game was particularly humiliating.

£#%&!s sake Jem

Unread 16-09-2021, 05:56 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Yeah I've been on the floor in tears after every win this season. The Newcastle game was particularly humiliating.

£#%&!s sake Jem
you don't get jem. maybe you should put me on ignore.

Unread 16-09-2021, 06:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

£#%&!s sake Jem
Only the Wolves game was actually bad(ish) and its not like we never scabbed wins in our glory days.

Unread 16-09-2021, 08:52 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I only have 2 spots on my ban list and they're currently taken up by saffers and koppas. Count yourself fortunate

Unread 16-09-2021, 10:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
If that was the criterion, you would be a tad lonely methinks

That we often don't "get" you is part of the charm.

Unread 17-09-2021, 11:59 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
If that was the criterion, you would be a tad lonely methinks

That we often don't "get" you is part of the charm.

Unread 17-09-2021, 06:44 PM
red in cumbria

Not so unhappy with that comparison, all told.

Unread 17-09-2021, 08:54 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Only the Wolves game was actually bad(ish) and its not like we never scabbed wins in our glory days.
No, Southampton was shit and I didn’t exactly enjoy Tuesday. We’ve been shit in every away game so far.

Saturday had great moments and a good end, but we had our moments. Our best performance was Leeds.

Early days, ofcourse, but five favourable fixtures have been made FAR more difficult than necessary. Which rings a bell.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
No, Southampton was shit and I didn’t exactly enjoy Tuesday. We’ve been shit in every away game so far.

Saturday had great moments and a good end, but we had our moments. Our best performance was Leeds.

Early days, ofcourse, but five favourable fixtures have been made FAR more difficult than necessary. Which rings a bell.
Referring to our won games only, some made out - especially after Lingard's horror - that we were crap against Newcastle as well.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Referring to our won games only, some made out - especially after Lingard's horror - that we were crap against Newcastle as well.
We weren’t crap against Newcastle. We deserved to win and played some very nice stuff, , but there were concerns about how easily a shit team got behind us. As did Wolves. As did Southampton. As did Young boys. Some ended well, some didn’t, but our general levels needs to improve, if we’re to be taken seriously bad title contenders.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We weren’t crap against Newcastle. We deserved to win and played some very nice stuff, , but there were concerns about how easily a shit team got behind us. As did Wolves. As did Southampton. As did Young boys. Some ended well, some didn’t, but our general levels needs to improve, if we’re to be taken seriously bad title contenders.
Of course we need to improve, but tbh we are going to play in a way that will usually give the opposition *some* chances. Suffocating possession stuff a la city is not really United's thing.

Unread 17-09-2021, 10:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Of course we need to improve, but tbh we are going to play in a way that will usually give the opposition *some* chances. Suffocating possession stuff a la city is not really United's thing.
Chances, sure, I’m more concerned with performances levels being poor and losing control of games.

Home, we’ve been fine, with danger signs.

Away, we could have had no complaints if we’d lost all three. We’ve created so little and been largely outplayed by average opposition. It’s a concern. Not terminal, not soaked sheets, but a concern.

When the season started, we were looking at fixtures and hopeful we could race out the traps, make a statement etc. It’s game 5 and we’re already saying we need to improve.

We just about deserve what we’ve got so far, but 10 from 12 and top doesn’t tell the whole tale imo.