United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-05-2021, 09:09 PM
armchair

Default Villarreal v Manchester United : Official Match Thread : Europa Cup Final 26/5/21

Hype

Unread 23-05-2021, 09:18 PM
ScarFace

extra time, win on pens.

Unread 23-05-2021, 09:20 PM
waynes ear's

3-1 Villareal

Unread 23-05-2021, 09:23 PM
20LEgend1999

Warning: Only watch from 5:28 if you are still furious about us going out of the Champions League.

Think we'll start with this, but hope Greenwood starts.
De Gea
AWB - Bailly - Lindelof - Shaw
The Scottish Player - Fred
Rashford - Bruno - Pogba
Cavani

Unread 23-05-2021, 09:40 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999

De Gea
Rashford - Bruno - Pogba
Cavani
Think you’re probably right. Options aren’t great hence I can already feel the tears welling up. That centre back and cdm pairing is stomach churning. So is Rashford on the right. Hopefully Bruno plays well and carries it all.

Unread 24-05-2021, 07:04 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
https://youtu.be/Bu4uj4fP8Q8

Warning: Only watch from 5:28 if you are still furious about us going out of the Champions League.

De Gea
Rashford - Bruno - Pogba
Cavani
Yeah, I think he goes with that too.

I’d go with Pogba next to Fred, rashford left and Greenwood right, but Ole won’t do that.

Unread 24-05-2021, 07:14 AM
Dasilvatwins

He should move pogba on the right rashford the left. Don’t this pogba on right is as bad as rashford on the right.

Unread 24-05-2021, 07:17 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He should move pogba on the right rashford the left. Don’t this pogba on right is as bad as rashford on the right.
This and drop Fred for VdB...

HYPED

Unread 24-05-2021, 07:17 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Pogba best position is left, but it’s too costly. We compromise rashford, Greenwood and Shaw isn’t as good linking with Pogba as he is with rashford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
This and drop Fred for VdB...

HYPED
Watching Donny yesterday was a reminder of how comfortable a midfielder should look on the ball. Watching McFred treat it like a bomb covered in overdue gas bills is depressing.

I know Donny’s best position isn’t deeper, but we’re desperate for someone who is comfortable receiving the ball under pressure and who can use it intelligently. He does that.

Unread 24-05-2021, 07:29 AM
Drexl

Quote:
De Gea
Rashford - Bruno - Pogba
Cavani
Excited about this

Above team is my daydream for the first 45:

Play a containing/counter game, (maybe nick one, props concede one). Then take mactom off, Greenwood on, and smash them 17 - nil in the second half. Mata and Beek on for the give-and-go OLE!s-from-the-crowd pisstake late on

Then alcowipe the trophy before passing it to your teammate, obvs

YHIHF

Unread 24-05-2021, 07:41 AM
Patty_b

De Gea

AWB - Lindelof - Axel - Shaw

Pogba - Fred

Greenwood - Fernandes - Rashford

Cavani

Would rather play Rashford on the left, it's his best position and I think he has a better understanding with Shaw as well. Get the best out of both of them on that left hand side and it would be huge.

I'm torn between Pogba and The Scottish Player. As shit as Fred is, he's a ratty little so-and-so, can see him being effective against them in a final. The Scottish Player has been pretty poor the past few weeks, and if Pogba turns up then he can do pretty much anything.

Unread 24-05-2021, 07:50 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
De Gea

AWB - Lindelof - Axel - Shaw

Pogba - Fred

Greenwood - Fernandes - Rashford

Cavani

Would rather play Rashford on the left, it's his best position and I think he has a better understanding with Shaw as well. Get the best out of both of them on that left hand side and it would be huge.

I'm torn between Pogba and The Scottish Player. As shit as Fred is, he's a ratty little so-and-so, can see him being effective against them in a final. The Scottish Player has been pretty poor the past few weeks, and if Pogba turns up then he can do pretty much anything.
Same.

Fred is drag, but he’s a necessary evil, i think. The Scottish Player just isn’t playing wel at all at the moment and fundamentally isn’t helping the team.

Those two are just about worth it when they’re playing well, when they’re not, they’re pretty bad.

Pogba comes with all kinds of risks when you play him deep, we know this, but we’ve been wide open recently, so we might as well be so with some actual quality in there.

Meanwhile, It’s change that gets the best out of Rashford, Shaw and allows an in-form Greenwood to play.

Unread 24-05-2021, 08:23 AM
AK14

Dave

Wan
Lind
Hazzzzza
Shawzy

Mcfred

Greeno
Brunohhhhhh
Poggers

Big Ed

Probably lose 1-2.

Unread 24-05-2021, 08:34 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Watching Donny yesterday was a reminder of how comfortable a midfielder should look on the ball. Watching McFred treat it like a bomb covered in overdue gas bills is depressing.

I know Donny’s best position isn’t deeper, but we’re desperate for someone who is comfortable receiving the ball under pressure and who can use it intelligently. He does that.
You won't be popular on here with logical shit like that pal.

Unread 24-05-2021, 09:03 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Pogba best position is left, but it’s too costly. We compromise rashford, Greenwood and Shaw isn’t as good linking with Pogba as he is with rashford.

Have a word with yourself.

He's £#%&!ing shite.

Unread 24-05-2021, 09:24 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Have a word with yourself.

He's £#%&!ing shite.
Is he? Ahhh £#%&!in hell. Never mind then.

Unread 24-05-2021, 09:26 AM
jem

if rashford were fit and rested and had shown any sign of form recently, it would be a tough decision what to do with pogba. but he hasn't done anything recently to justify selection. so no need for pogba to come into our half.

Unread 24-05-2021, 09:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Same.

Fred is drag, but he’s a necessary evil, i think. The Scottish Player just isn’t playing wel at all at the moment and fundamentally isn’t helping the team.

Those two are just about worth it when they’re playing well, when they’re not, they’re pretty bad.

Pogba comes with all kinds of risks when you play him deep, we know this, but we’ve been wide open recently, so we might as well be so with some actual quality in there.

Meanwhile, It’s change that gets the best out of Rashford, Shaw and allows an in-form Greenwood to play.
Tielemans

Unread 24-05-2021, 09:35 AM
believe

I “won” a competition at my new local to watch this with Sylvestre

I’m fearful especially if Maguire doesn’t make it but hopefully the slight bit of rest key players have had will help

Unread 24-05-2021, 09:46 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I “won” a competition at my new local to watch this with Sylvestre

I’m fearful especially if Maguire doesn’t make it but hopefully the slight bit of rest key players have had will help

i'm confident that we'll win, which means we'll probably lose.