United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 20-07-2023, 07:06 AM
Dr Stranger

Default Kobbie Mainoo

Does the little bugger not have his own thread?

About time he does. Impressive first couple of appearances and ETH seems to like him. Said a few times that youngsters won’t play just for the sake of it - they have to earn it. Looks like this kid has impressed:

Add Amrabat and ditch Fred in the coming weeks:

Casemiro
Amrabat
Bruno
Eriksen
Mount
Mainoo

Good midfield, that 👍

Unread 20-07-2023, 07:12 AM
windy waffles

Looks a real talent tbf.

Unread 20-07-2023, 07:37 AM
no fun

I used to work with his granddad

Lovely fella

Unread 20-07-2023, 08:33 AM
dragflick

You can tell when a player has it, and this lad does. Reminds me of Fabregas and how comfortable he looked at a young age. Would love to see him get some decent appearances this season

Unread 20-07-2023, 09:05 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Casemiro
Amrabat
Bruno
Eriksen
Mount
Mainoo

Good midfield, that 👍
maybe not all three dms for home games.

Unread 20-07-2023, 09:12 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
You can tell when a player has it, and this lad does. Reminds me of Fabregas and how comfortable he looked at a young age. Would love to see him get some decent appearances this season
Yeah. I get nervous when he's pressed as he's kind of arrogant but I've yet to see him lose the ball in those positions. He's so comfortable on the ball, very accomplished passer and is always looking for the ball.

I'd have no qualms with him beside Case in a two.

Unread 20-07-2023, 09:48 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Yeah. I get nervous when he's pressed as he's kind of arrogant but I've yet to see him lose the ball in those positions. He's so comfortable on the ball, very accomplished passer and is always looking for the ball.

I think that's all Jem wants in life, a relatively defensively minded midfielder next to cas.

Starting to get on board with Mount after seeing him a bit now - he seems like a properly accomplished central midfielder, albeit more on the attacking side. His workrate is exceptional, and his technique on the turn is superb.

Easy to see when tenners wanted him. Gives us so many options in midfield now with him and Mainoo, compared to the utterly one dimensional McFred.

Unread 20-07-2023, 10:11 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I think that's all Jem wants in life, a relatively defensively minded midfielder next to cas.

(actually, I have quite an extensive rider.)

Unread 20-07-2023, 10:59 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

I think you need a bit of arrogance to play for this club. Obv there’s a fine line between arrogance and being a tit who loses the ball in situations you need to pass it but that will come with experience if that’s the case.

Fair play if he manages to work his way into the starting line up next to Casemiro.

Unread 20-07-2023, 12:50 PM
puressence

Good thing about him. The manager £#%&!ing loves him.

Unread 23-07-2023, 12:25 AM
Dr Stranger

He’s ready. No loan.

Unread 23-07-2023, 12:33 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Yup, I was thinking maybe he needs loan time as he won’t get games but based on how he’s played he gets ahead of mcfred . Casemiro , mount , Mainoo . He should be 3rd choice.

Unread 23-07-2023, 12:37 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Yup, I was thinking maybe he needs loan time as he won’t get games but based on how he’s played he gets ahead of mcfred . Casemiro , mount , Mainoo . He should be 3rd choice.
Fred will be off and moving ahead of The Scottish Player will be enough for now.

We’ll need four or five. Cas, Bruno, Mount, Eriksen. There’s a spot for him to at least get enough games to make it worthwhile.

A lot will depend on any more midfielders coming in. If we get Amrabat, it might be better for him to go on loan.

Unread 23-07-2023, 12:38 AM
armchair

Quote:
I wish these kids would £#%&! off. No-one called Robbo, Keane, Ince generational.

Unread 23-07-2023, 12:39 AM
dunk

He won’t be going on loan.

Fred will go, Eriksen will be used further forward and Mainoo will get games in the cups and from the bench, and probably due to injuries and suspensions imo.

I’ve a sneaky feeling The Scottish Player will end up at West Ham, they had a £50m bid for Palinha turned down (they want £80m ) and have apparently said they won’t be bidding again. McFred out, Amrabat in (talk Saudi are circling though) or a.n.other and Mainoo to replace them,

Unread 23-07-2023, 12:43 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
I wish these kids would £#%&! off. No-one called Robbo, Keane, Ince generational.
To be fair Mainoo looks very, very good. Nothing even to do with friendly performance, which is a glorified training exercise - simply his movement off the ball, ability to recycle play & physicality, all traits which can hardly be taught and he has in abundance just turned 18. Could be a very special talent.

Unread 23-07-2023, 12:51 AM
puressence

Colossal

Unread 23-07-2023, 09:22 AM
armchair

Makes us a better side. Always looking for the ball and has top class distribution.

Unread 23-07-2023, 09:30 AM
marlo

Very good little player .

Very impressed with him. Reminds me of that lad who used to play with essien at Lyon. Forgot his name. Maybe it’s because they look alike

Unread 23-07-2023, 09:32 AM
armchair