United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 29-10-2019, 08:47 AM
My Name is Keith

Default Next Leader of the Labour Party

Given that the Grim Reaper is sharpening his scythe, who are the likely runners and riders for this poisoned chalice?

Starmer? Owen? Or will the unions advocate someone like Abbot as they seem to support candidates that have zero chance of ever being elected?

Unread 29-10-2019, 08:52 AM
silv

Whatís this based on?

Unread 29-10-2019, 08:53 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith View Post
Given that the Grim Reaper is sharpening his scythe, who are the likely runners and riders for this poisoned chalice?

Starmer? Owen? Or will the unions advocate someone like Abbot as they seem to support candidates that have zero chance of ever being elected?
you appear to be implying that starmer or owen would be electable. absolute vacuity. the quiggler would be pleased, though.

Unread 29-10-2019, 08:53 AM
no fun

Skinner

We may as well have a bit of entertainment

Unread 29-10-2019, 08:54 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
Whatís this based on?
The obvious?

Heíll resign if he loses the next GE. Likely that the next GE will be before Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
you appear to be implying that starmer or owen would be electable. absolute vacuity. the quiggler would be pleased, though.
I think starmerís been shocking re brexit and I had high hopes for him. That said, I can see him being quite a credible leader.

Unread 29-10-2019, 09:15 AM
Sapien

McDonnell is nailed on no?

Unread 29-10-2019, 09:19 AM
Terry Truthman

Keith Vaz? 🙈

Unread 29-10-2019, 09:20 AM
Hands of Scone

Judging by the people they put up as the face of the party for tv appearances Labour are singularly talentless bunch of badly educated mediocrities. And because they will be hidebound by their own progressive egalitarian moral strictures they will end up with someone like Jess Phillips, Diane Abbot, or David Lammy.

Unread 29-10-2019, 09:22 AM
Terry Truthman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone View Post
Judging by the people they put up as the face of the party for tv appearances Labour are singularly talentless bunch of badly educated mediocrities. And because they will be hidebound by their own progressive egalitarian moral strictures they will end up with someone like Jess Phillips, Diane Abbot, or David Lammy.
Could be worse, could have a bumbling, thick, lying, jingoistic prick who would make this country a complete laughing stock. Surely no political party would ever employ such individual as their leader....

Oh, hang on

Unread 29-10-2019, 09:27 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone View Post
It's very rare that I agree with you on anything, but on this you seem to be right...