United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-12-2018, 02:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wow Get under that bus Luke

"Not saying Luke wasn't injured but I wouldn't be surprised knowing that soft @#%&!"

Cheers capt.

Wazza could be an interesting pundit. Got a strong no £#%&!s given vibe.

Unread 23-12-2018, 02:22 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

"Not saying Luke wasn't injured but I wouldn't be surprised knowing that soft @#%&!"

Cheers capt.

Wazza could be an interesting pundit. Got a strong no £#%&!s given vibe.
See his attempt at an interview question to Ole? Lad is so wooden and uncomfortable

Unread 23-12-2018, 02:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
See his attempt at an interview question to Ole? Lad is so wooden and uncomfortable
Yep

Will grow into the role imo.

Unread 23-12-2018, 03:04 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Reminded me a bit of that Cole/Yorke combo vs Barcelona (a)

There’s a lot of potential here
Thought more of the charity shield goal vs city myself.

Still rough as %@#$&!s, but what a match

Unread 23-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Thought more of the charity shield goal vs city myself.

Still rough as %@#$&!s, but what a match
Either way

The team or you? (Big night Frideh)

Unread 23-12-2018, 05:10 PM
Foot2ball

I was so happy at the end of the game, haven't seen this type of play, except maybe couple of time with van gaal. At the end of the game it brought tears to my eyes that our Manchester United ethos had risen again!!!

Unread 23-12-2018, 05:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot2ball
I was so happy at the end of the game, haven't seen this type of play, except maybe couple of time with van gaal. At the end of the game it brought tears to my eyes that our Manchester United ethos had risen again!!!
That 3/4 game spell when he looked like he had cracked it

Such euphoria followed by total disillusionment, please can we have something different this time?

Unread 23-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

Such euphoria followed by total disillusionment, please can we have something different this time?
The catalyst being Fellaini playing in a sort of left channel position to receive long balls up.

Unread 23-12-2018, 07:43 PM
andyroo

£#%&! me that was great

Unread 23-12-2018, 09:35 PM
sa7

Quote:

Went to Stamford Bridge and got MouMoud by MouMou

Unread 23-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Unread 23-12-2018, 10:50 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:

the wins against city and liverpool are still my two favourite post-fergie games. of which there is little to choose from admittedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Went to Stamford Bridge and got MouMoud by MouMou
iirc we were unlucky to lose that chelsea game, we played reasonably well, but they were pissing the league at the time so i wasn't surprised.

the following defeats to everton and west brom though.

Unread 23-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
the wins against city and liverpool are still my two favourite post-fergie games. of which there is little to choose from admittedly.

iirc we were unlucky to lose that chelsea game, we played reasonably well, but they were pissing the league at the time so i wasn't surprised.

the following defeats to everton and west brom though.

We were unlucky against Chelsea. We had Falcao up front so all the nice little approach play came to nothing. That Chelsea team were crawling over the line.

Think the West Brom game saw us have a period of Van Persie playing behind Fellaini if memory serves me right

I liked Louis but he was a bit of a mad scientist. Shame plan A didn't work consistently because when it did now and again we were a delight to watch. That Anfield performance was amazing.

Unread 24-12-2018, 12:08 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
[/b]

We were unlucky against Chelsea. We had Falcao up front so all the nice little approach play came to nothing. That Chelsea team were crawling over the line.

Think the West Brom game saw us have a period of Van Persie playing behind Fellaini if memory serves me right

I liked Louis but he was a bit of a mad scientist. Shame plan A didn't work consistently because when it did now and again we were a delight to watch. That Anfield performance was amazing.
reminds me of that period when he'd start di maria as a striker and rooney as a centre mid.

starting fellaini as a lone striker against the scousers.

agreed about louis. football-wise his tenure ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous. we had some brilliant individual moments but most of the time he was too persistent with shit players in the hope his "philosophy" would get the best out of them.

Unread 24-12-2018, 12:15 AM
redhegemony

One great performance light years away from what Mou@#%&!o delivered. It’s not going to be plain sailing there will be some lows but if he gets us going in the right direction that’s enough.

That he got Matic passing forwards with both full backs in advanced positions and Lindelof carrying the ball and passing shows what we can do. Be interesting what he does when everyone is fit. Fred could have a huge role given his ability to drive the team forwards.

Unread 24-12-2018, 04:54 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Quality analogy

Probably end up like Avery too
with Jones confessing to murder, on the promise of being allowed to watch Saturday Night TakeAway.

Unread 24-12-2018, 06:30 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Paul Merson, the fat toothless alcoholic coke snorting £#%&!ing degenerate gambling bastard didn't like what he saw...
He's right tbf. Some of these players have been cheating the fans and it is a joke.

Unread 24-12-2018, 08:16 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Paul Merson, the fat toothless alcoholic coke snorting £#%&!ing degenerate gambling bastard didn't like what he saw...
Poor merse. I like his bubbly act, but if he's genuine in his failure to grasp the concept of morale or he really believes that anyone has said ole is "100 times the manager", I'd be checking his coat for a flask.

Painfully stupid comment.

Unread 24-12-2018, 09:55 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
He really is astonishingly thick.

Not one single person has suggested Ole is a better manager than Jose.

Talk about missing the point.

He also says that the title race is over If Liverpool beat City in a couple of weeks...... shortly before saying he didn't think City would lose a game all season a few weeks ago

Forever in the moment like some sort of fish.

Unread 24-12-2018, 11:00 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He's right tbf. Some of these players have been cheating the fans and it is a joke.
there was no system of play - just utter confusion.

Sometimes a back 3: once with Herrera - one with The Scottish Player ffs. Sometimes the full backs pushed on v Spurs but most of the time they barely crossed the halfway line. A back 7 against Liverpool.

He found a spot for Fellani (where he was least useless) in front of the back 4 and then stopped playing him there as if he had suddenly morphed into Zidane.

Didn't play Fred despite the fact the lad was putting himself about and getting stuck in. Played Young at left back instead of Shaw. Didn't play Sanchez despite his willingness to make runs.

Dropped the lump - we played much better so he reinstated him.

Axed our most talented midfielder.

Pissed around with Mata.

Finally played Dalot who looked a talent then dropped him.

He couldn't even do the basic organisation to keep a clean sheet something which was supposed to be his strength.

I'd imagine the players were just baffled and frightened of making a mistake.