United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 01-10-2021, 11:24 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It’d be nice if we actually TRIED though. He’s started four premier league games since he got here. Four. That is no kind of chance, regardless of how bad those four starts were (which weren’t that bad).

I guess it’s just one of those signings that we’ll look back on as genuinely odd.
Which suggests there is something else going on behind the scenes imo. Could be his attitude, his training, his pool table. Deffo something.

Unread 01-10-2021, 11:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Nothing to do with hacking it .
Clearly is. Basically admitted it himself and spent the summer trying to sort it.

Unread 01-10-2021, 11:25 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
It’d be nice if we actually TRIED though. He’s started four premier league games since he got here. Four. That is no kind of chance, regardless of how bad those four starts were (which weren’t that bad).

I guess it’s just one of those signings that we’ll look back on as genuinely odd.
Is that true? 4 PL starts? That’s genuinely disgusting. Deserved way more of a chance than that, especially with the amount of genuinely horrendous performances Fred has put in.

Unread 01-10-2021, 11:30 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Is that true? 4 PL starts? That’s genuinely disgusting. Deserved way more of a chance than that, especially with the amount of genuinely horrendous performances Fred has put in.
Just double checked.

19 appearances last season and 15 were as a sub. So he’s played less than half the games and only four of them from the start..

And he didn’t play his way out of the team either. This was happening from the moment he arrived. Didn’t start the opening game despite plenty of pre season. We lost 3-1, HE SCORED and then didn’t start the next game.

Ridiculous

Unread 01-10-2021, 11:33 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Which suggests there is something else going on behind the scenes imo. Could be his attitude, his training, his pool table. Deffo something.
surely, the only thing that is going on here is that he is competing for a place with bruno, rather than fred?

Unread 01-10-2021, 11:33 AM
Bunker Buster

He's 100% been mistreated...

Unread 01-10-2021, 11:37 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It doesn’t necessarily reflect that. It could he simply that Ole has got something wrong.

He also thinks Fred is good and plays him regularly. We’re allowed to take something at face value and judge it.

Unread 01-10-2021, 11:41 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Hooked around an hour in most of his starts in every competition. Think he’s got about 1400 minutes all in. I like the lad, but he clearly can’t do it for some reason.

He’s far from the best/only player to come from a lesser league, highly rated, and not manage to make the jump.

Quote:
It doesn’t necessarily reflect that. It could he simply that Ole has got something wrong.

He also thinks Fred is good and plays him regularly. We’re allowed to take something at face value and judge it.
He thinks Fred is effective at performing a certain function, one that no one else at the club can do, getting about the midfield, closing down and breaking play up, which he does well in the main.

Unread 01-10-2021, 11:48 AM
Lok

The whole thing is odd. But nothing changes the fact that he hasn't been great when he has played. He's settled with the country/squad now and he still looks crap whenever he comes on.

He might be better on the ball than Fred but Fred is much better defensively, especially in breaking up play and positional sense.

If Beek is going to play, it'll be at the expense of The Scottish Player, Pogba or Bruno. He's behind all 3 of them. Which begs the question: why the £#%&! did we sign him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He thinks Fred is effective at performing a certain function, one that no one else at the club can do, getting about the midfield, closing down and breaking play up, which he does well in the main.
Why does nobody else see this?

Fred is shit on the ball. He needs to be coached to keep it far simpler than he does and to cut out some of his risky passes that land us in trouble. Without the ball he is very good. Nobody else at the club is able/willing to do what he does. We need an upgrade on him but it's clearly not Beek.

Unread 01-10-2021, 11:50 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
I like the lad, but he clearly can’t do it for some reason.

He’s far from the best/only player to come from a lesser league, highly rated, and not manage to make the jump.
Based on what evidence? You seem to be simply accepting the club’s position ie the position of a glorified PE teacher and his gawping dinosaur cronies.

Unread 01-10-2021, 11:53 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Based on what evidence? You seem to be simply accepting the club’s position ie the position of a glorified PE teacher and his gawping dinosaur cronies.
Glorfied PE teacher? £#%&!ing hell. I'm not an Ole fan but the bloke won how many league titles? He scored the winning goal in a European Cup final. Have some £#%&!ing respect. He probably isn't the manager to take us to the next level but there's no need to be a @#%&!.

Unread 01-10-2021, 11:54 AM
Bunker Buster

Fred is shit on the ball but runs around loads

Unread 01-10-2021, 11:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Fred is shit on the ball but runs around loads
Basically. And Pogba and Matic are great on the ball but can’t/won’t run around a lot. And The Scottish Player is somewhere in between. DvdB is nothing.

Unread 01-10-2021, 11:59 AM
atticusgrinch

Looks like Ole is hell bent on destroying the lad.

Mad how much of Beeky's game time Pogba is getting when Pogba has been trying to force an exit from the club for years, and has been pretty underwhelming for years.

Is sucking up to big name players great man management? Just who is running this dressing room?

Maybe Beeky needs to ask Ronaldo to tell Ole to play him? Like in prison, Ronaldo might call in that favour in the future. Beeky is obliged to comply. Not doing so will have terrible repercussions.

Unread 01-10-2021, 12:00 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Glorfied PE teacher? £#%&!ing hell. I'm not an Ole fan but the bloke won how many league titles? He scored the winning goal in a European Cup final. Have some £#%&!ing respect. He probably isn't the manager to take us to the next level but there's no need to be a @#%&!.

Unread 01-10-2021, 12:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Mad how much of Beeky's game time Pogba is getting when Pogba has been trying to force an exit from the club for years, and has been pretty underwhelming for years.

Is sucking up to big name players great man management? Just who is running this dressing room?

Maybe Beeky needs to ask Ronaldo to tell Ole to play him? Like in prison, Ronaldo might call in that favour in the future. Beeky is obliged to comply. Not doing so will have terrible repercussions.
Totally agree with that. Pogba or Bruno need taking out and a midfielder putting in their place. Beeky should be the ideal person and there’s no way you take Bruno out.

Unread 01-10-2021, 12:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Basically. And Pogba and Matic are great on the ball but can’t/won’t run around a lot. And The Scottish Player is somewhere in between. DvdB is nothing.
Donny is better than all 4 mentioned there and much more loyal than one of them....

Try watching other teams and comps once in a while....

Unread 01-10-2021, 12:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Donny is better than all 4 mentioned there and much more loyal than one of them....

Try watching other teams and comps once in a while....
No he isn’t. And no he isn’t, he wants out after less than 18 months because he’s not getting what he wants.

Maybe you should follow your own advice.

Unread 01-10-2021, 12:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Unread 01-10-2021, 12:04 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Pogba: ‘I want to leave’
Ole: ‘that’s fine but I will play you all the time’
Jesse: ‘I want to leave’
Ole: ‘again fine but I will play you whenever I can’
Beeky: ‘I want to play:
Ole: ‘over my dead body, I have players who want to leave ahead of you’

Etc etc.

Absolute £#%&! nugget behaviour from the PE lad.