United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 23-03-2021, 08:33 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I feel like 10 years from now we'll talk about how strange this whole affair was. I'd be amazed if he remains here for next season. Talk about your stock taking a hit.
Starting to look like one of the most bizarre panic buys ever. I've still not given up on him altogether and still hope he can bring something to the team next year.

Although at this point I won't be upset if he's used as leverage to sign a better player in the summer either.

Unread 23-03-2021, 09:29 AM
Mr_Ed

I’m not seeing it... I think he’s got potential and just needs using properly.

You don’t get to the semis of the CL with very good Ajax if you’re bobbins.

You don’t get to almost sign for Real if you’re bobbins. Then again, Madrid were after Bebe according to SAF.

If he doesn’t cut it at United then he’ll prosper elsewhere because he’s a good player with lots of potential - maybe we’re just not getting the best from him.

That’s what I’d like to think anyway. If not how have the club managed to spend £90m on Fred and a poor DVB combined - somebody wants a good kicking.

Unread 23-03-2021, 09:59 AM
92ToBury

Love Fredsters. The lad's played the equivalent of less than twelve and a half games and he should be binned yet they're still convinced Martial will come good after 6 six years.

Unread 23-03-2021, 10:28 AM
Neo

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
Papers bringing him up today in a player plus cash deal to Dortmund for Haaland
Would be a great bit of business for all concerned.

The lad seems completely lost on the stage at United, and that's with no crowds. Can we chuck Martial in, too?

Unread 23-03-2021, 10:58 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I’m not seeing it... I think he’s got potential and just needs using properly.

You don’t get to the semis of the CL with very good Ajax if you’re bobbins.

You don’t get to almost sign for Real if you’re bobbins. Then again, Madrid were after Bebe according to SAF.

If he doesn’t cut it at United then he’ll prosper elsewhere because he’s a good player with lots of potential - maybe we’re just not getting the best from him.

That’s what I’d like to think anyway. If not how have the club managed to spend £90m on Fred and a poor DVB combined - somebody wants a good kicking.
Why is it the only transfers we ever sign where we (reportedly ) go against other big teams and win are the shit ones. Bebe, Sanchez, Fred. I reckon the other teams are never really in for them.

Unread 23-03-2021, 11:02 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Would be a great bit of business for all concerned.

The lad seems completely lost on the stage at United, and that's with no crowds. Can we chuck Martial in, too?
With the lack of revenues in football atm, I’d be astonished if swaps or value makeweights didn’t become more of a thing. Agents of course will kick and scream to avoid these types of transfer, because it means less actual cash in the deal, but £#%&! ‘em. Parasites.

Unread 23-03-2021, 01:51 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
With the lack of revenues in football atm, I’d be astonished if swaps or value makeweights didn’t become more of a thing. Agents of course will kick and scream to avoid these types of transfer, because it means less actual cash in the deal, but £#%&! ‘em. Parasites.
Pretty sure agents would still get a similar cut. Players still have a value, even if they're part of a swap.

Unread 23-03-2021, 03:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Pretty sure agents would still get a similar cut. Players still have a value, even if they're part of a swap.
What, like the left arm or something?

Unread 07-05-2021, 09:47 AM
dunk

I don't think they could find a more un-Mourinho player if they tried

Unread 07-05-2021, 11:04 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What, like the left arm or something?
Agents fees will be written into a contract, even if there no money was passed between clubs for an exchange.

Clubs from both sides would still have to pay.

Unread 07-05-2021, 11:21 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Agents fees will be written into a contract, even if there no money was passed between clubs for an exchange.

Clubs from both sides would still have to pay.
not if they do a player plus a fee of £10,000, im sure agent fees will be a % or proportion of total fee rather than a guaranteed number. Theyll be shithousery ways around it

Unread 07-05-2021, 11:27 AM
silv

Quote:
https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/st...637563393?s=20

Plays a decent'ish game last night, 90 minutes under his belt and up pops King Snide

Unread 07-05-2021, 11:37 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
not if they do a player plus a fee of £10,000, im sure agent fees will be a % or proportion of total fee rather than a guaranteed number. Theyll be shithousery ways around it
The agents will get their money or they wont let their player move.

Unread 07-05-2021, 11:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Plays a decent'ish game last night, 90 minutes under his belt and up pops King Snide
You're King Snide pal

I like Beeky, next season he'll be top. I was laughing at the prospect of Mourinho wanting a player like him, just not a Mourinho player, which is a good thing.

Unread 07-05-2021, 12:13 PM
silv

Quote:
You're King Snide pal

I like Beeky, next season he'll be top. I was laughing at the prospect of Mourinho wanting a player like him, just not a Mourinho player, which is a good thing.

Unread 07-05-2021, 12:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

Unread 07-05-2021, 01:27 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/st...637563393?s=20

Let him go on a free.

Gash.

Unread 07-05-2021, 01:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Let him go on a free.

Gash.
Do the opposite of what this guy says on footballers at all times, decades of shit shouts...

Classy player...

Unread 07-05-2021, 01:50 PM
92ToBury

Not even been given the equivalent of five full games for us yet.

Unread 07-05-2021, 01:51 PM
AK14

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Not even been given the equivalent of five full games for us yet.
Ole out?