United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2007, 12:39 PM
The Return of JC

Default Do the Glazers deserve....

....credit for the swift, decisive and ambitious nature of our signings?

Just asking, like.

The Cuddly Pete negotiations were a dark time.

I've been really impressed by how we've gone about things in the last few weeks.

So un-United like!

Unread 31-05-2007, 12:41 PM
violater

post on liverpools owners stolen from another forum.

Quote:
hicks and gilette -
as they continue the transparent and ludicrous charm offensive following their acquisition of lfc, i'm almost glad we have the owners we find ourselves fearfully lumbered with. at least the glazer horde don't pretend to like us - the mutual contempt between them and us is well established and prevents any embarrasing outpourings of false devotion on anyone's part.

contrast the glazers' aloof ignorance with gillette's 'anfeild lfc' inscribed cowboy boots and perpetual public statements of loyalty to 'our good friend, rafa'. gillette and hicks attend one match and the next day tell the architects to increase the new stadium capacity by 20,000 seats - as if derby on a monday night in january will be the crowd puller that Barcelona had been - or that derby on a monday night in january is at Old Trafford.

let no one misundersatnd me - i am not taking a pro-glazer stance - far from it. but when the devil steps into your house, it's better he comes wearing horns than a great big cowboy hat that hides his true intentions

Unread 31-05-2007, 12:42 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

Just asking, like.

I've been really impressed by how we've gone about things in the last few weeks.

So un-United like!
As I said before, Gill certainly does, pre and post Glazer he's handled our transfers brilliantly. Quickly, quietly, with a minimum of fuss and without pissing off the selling club or negotiating the price up in the press.

Unread 31-05-2007, 12:43 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
As I said before, Gill certainly does, pre and post Glazer he's handled our transfers brilliantly. Quickly, quietly, with a minimum of fuss and without pissing off the selling club or negotiating the price up in the press.
That's not what I asked....

Unread 31-05-2007, 12:53 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
That's not what I asked....
No but it shows a problem with your question, the way these transfers have been handled it seems are a result of Gill rather than the Glazers as it has been a theme since @#%&!yon left rather than since they arrived.

Unread 31-05-2007, 12:57 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
No but it shows a problem with your question, the way these transfers have been handled it seems are a result of Gill rather than the Glazers as it has been a theme since @#%&!yon left rather than since they arrived.
Possibly.

But none have been as quick and decisive as this.

We don't know how much impact they have, but they own the club, they make the decisions and the results will be down to them.

I'd also suspect they have an impact on how Gill et al go about their business too.

Unread 31-05-2007, 12:57 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:

Just asking, like.

So un-United like!
Do you really think Uncle Malc and the gimps had anything at all to do with the negotiations?

Of course they didin't! they deserve £#%&! all of the credit.

Its unbelievable how short some peoples memory's are! If it wasn't for these @#%&!s we would of concluded the deals just as well as we have done but without the need of selling anyone or putting the prices up as much as they have.

I think Carlos is the man we need to give the credit to for persueding them to come over.

Unread 31-05-2007, 12:59 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Do you really think Uncle Malc and the gimps had anything at all to do with the negotiations?

Its unbelievable how short some peoples memory's are! If it wasn't for these @#%&!s we would of concluded the deals just as well as we have done but without the need of selling anyone or putting the prices up as much as they have.

I think Carlos is the man we need to give the credit to for persueding them to come over.
I didn't say they did. I just asked the question.

Unread 31-05-2007, 12:59 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Possibly.

But none have been as quick and decisive as this.

We don't know how much impact they have, but they own the club, they make the decisions and the results will be down to them.

I'd also suspect they have an impact on how Gill et al go about their business too.
Nothing to do with Fergie and the players then?

Unread 31-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Papadoc

Quote:

I think you'll find they probaby had plenty to do with it

They might be @#%&!s but they can handle business way better than the plc.

Look how they pulled out of the mansion deal, less than 6 months later internet poker was banned in the usa

Unread 31-05-2007, 01:58 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc

Look how they pulled out of the mansion deal, less than 6 months later internet poker was banned in the usa
That can't be true surely?

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:01 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Nothing to do with Fergie and the players then?
The results of their business decisions.

Not on the pitch.

Silly. Read the post.

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Papadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
That can't be true surely?
It is

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:07 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:

I doubt they were planning on that many in the US watching Premiership football. The advertising would obviously have been aimed at European TV viewers...in Europe...where internet poker isnt banned. So....

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:09 PM
ivan9188

CQ desrves most of the credit and though I hate saying this Gill made a good contribution as well.

My only concern is how much we paid for them.

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Papadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I doubt they were planning on that many in the US watching Premiership football. The advertising would obviously have been aimed at European TV viewers...in Europe...where internet poker isnt banned. So....

Nothing to do with your sponsor losing it's biggest market over night then
btw it's also banned in France and Italy

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Enjoying Insanity

We are doing these transfers DESPITE of the @#%&! family, not because of.

Gill deserves a little credit, as does Carlos I reckon, but it doesn't take away what a Judas Turncoat Gill is.

Don't let the small things distract away from the bigger picture.

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:35 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:

Nothing to do with your sponsor losing it's biggest market over night then
btw it's also banned in France and Italy

If you want to attract Americans to your product advertise in the US. If you wanna attract UK customers...advertise in the UK.

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Papadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
If you want to attract Americans to your product advertise in the US. If you wanna attract UK customers...advertise in the UK.

So you would be happy to be sponsored by a firm that lost 70% of it's market in one day. I'll spell it out for you

85 million was a great deal providing they could actually afford it, and seeing as their shares went into freefall they were best left well alone

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog The Bounty Hunter
How do you work that one out Sherlock? Did Gill pay £50 million for 3 players out of his back pocket?
What and you think Uncle "soon to be dead" Malc paid out of his back pocket ??

Dream on.

If there is a net spend, it's coming from a re-financing, not out of that dribbling @#%&!'s wallet.
Closed Thread