United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Professor

Seasons 3-7 were as good as television gets. Since then, it's been hit or miss - although I'm told the past 2 years have been better than the 3-4 previous.

At least Futurama is coming back, it was an underrated gem.

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Fatboy Shrek

[YOUTUBE]bFDHPHdKv5A[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Lisa was watching a "documentary" of a United match in 1985, against a fictional opponent. There was a riot, and it is still going on today.

I think the glory days of The Simpsons was largely down to Conan O'Brien.
Nonsense he only wrote for one season, he was excellent when he was there though. wrote some classic episodes. They were fortunate they had many very funny people working on the show for about 8 seasons. People like David Mirkin, Oakley and Weinstein and Greg Daniels (Now runs the american version of the office and was creator of King Of The Hill) all made great contributions to the shape of the show as well as having input from Jim Brooks who is one of the best TV writers ever. No one man contributed to the show being great but one man pretty much £#%&!ed the whole show up (Mike Scully for those non Simpsons nerds)

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:15 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
Those are hilarious.

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:23 AM
Lok

Conan only worked on 4 episodes, the best being 'Marge vs the monorail'. To claim that the glory days are down to him is a joke. The Simspons saved O'Brien, not the other way around.

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:26 AM
Nero

Quote:
Conan only worked on 4 episodes, the best being 'Marge vs the monorail'. To claim that the glory days are down to him is a joke. The Simspons saved O'Brien, not the other way around.
He only WROTE four episodes, he would have woked on all the episodes from the fourth season. Other than that you're quite correct.

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
Nonsense he only wrote for one season, he was excellent when he was there though. wrote some classic episodes.
He was there from 1991 to 1994 as a writer and producer. You aer obviously right though that they had many excellent people working on the show.

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:30 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Seasons 3-7 were as good as television gets. Since then, it's been hit or miss - although I'm told the past 2 years have been better than the 3-4 previous.

At least Futurama is coming back, it was an underrated gem.
I'm surprised you stop the golden age at season 7.

Some of the classics from season 8 and 9 include Hurricane Neddy, Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious, Homer's Phobia, The Canine Mutiny, Homer's Enemy, You Only Move Twice, New York vs Homer Simpson, The Cartridge Family, Lisa The Skeptic, Bart Carny, Trouble With Trillions, Trash of the Titans, Natural Born Kissers and The Joy of Sect to name but a few!

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:33 AM
TreeFiddy

If you haven't seen this before then you'll love it.

[YOUTUBE]7-PrPyGSLzo[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:36 AM
Professor

I stand corrected, any season with Trash of the Titans goes on the list. Wikipedia says it was season 9, I had thought it was season 7.

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy

It is uncanny how spot-on those impressions are.

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Lok

Conan O'Briens involvement in The Simpsons (taken from IMDB)

"The Simpsons" (11 episodes)

1. Kamp Krusty (24 September 1992) - Producer
2. A Streetcar Named Marge (1 October 1992) - Producer
3. Homer the Heretic (8 October 1992) - Producer
4. Lisa the Beauty Queen (15 October 1992) - Producer
5. Treehouse of Horror III (29 October 1992) - Producer (as Creepy Conan O'Brien)
6. New Kid on the Block (12 November 1992) - Writer (writer)
7. Marge vs. the Monorail (14 January 1993) - Writer (writer), Soundtrack (writer: "The Monorail Song")
8. Cape Feare (7 October 1993) - Producer
9. Homer Goes to College (14 October 1993) - Writer (writer)
10. Treehouse of Horror IV (28 October 1993) - Writer (writer) (as Watch Conan O'Brien)
11. Bart Gets Famous (3 February 1994) - Himself (voice)

So he helped with 10 and guest starred on one.

The most talented writer (IMHO) is George Meyer, he is the one credited with most of Homer's iconic quotes.

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:39 AM
Nero

Quote:
He was there from 1991 to 1994 as a writer and producer. You aer obviously right though that they had many excellent people working on the show.
It definitely wasn't that long. On imdb he as listed as being there from '92-'93 which is only one season (season 4 and the episodes held over that aired at the start of season 5) after that he got the Late Night gig.

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:41 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
I stand corrected, any season with Trash of the Titans goes on the list. Wikipedia says it was season 9, I had thought it was season 7.
The bit when he rattles the sanitation commissioner's bird cage!

Unread 23-04-2007, 01:43 AM
Nero

Quote:
Conan O'Briens involvement in The Simpsons (taken from IMDB)

"The Simpsons" (11 episodes)

1. Kamp Krusty (24 September 1992) - Producer
2. A Streetcar Named Marge (1 October 1992) - Producer
3. Homer the Heretic (8 October 1992) - Producer
4. Lisa the Beauty Queen (15 October 1992) - Producer
5. Treehouse of Horror III (29 October 1992) - Producer (as Creepy Conan O'Brien)
6. New Kid on the Block (12 November 1992) - Writer (writer)
7. Marge vs. the Monorail (14 January 1993) - Writer (writer), Soundtrack (writer: "The Monorail Song")
8. Cape Feare (7 October 1993) - Producer
9. Homer Goes to College (14 October 1993) - Writer (writer)
10. Treehouse of Horror IV (28 October 1993) - Writer (writer) (as Watch Conan O'Brien)
11. Bart Gets Famous (3 February 1994) - Himself (voice)

So he helped with 10 and guest starred on one.

The most talented writer (IMHO) is George Meyer, he is the one credited with most of Homer's iconic quotes.
How could I forget George Meyer?? Undoubedtly the man who had the most influence on the Simpsons humour along with John Swartzwelder, without those two the show wouldn't be nearly as funny, they both have such a unique brand of humour.

Unread 23-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy

brilliant stuff.

Unread 23-04-2007, 08:52 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Another United reference too, not altogether flattering.
The Colbert Report made a reference to united fans rioting too

Unread 23-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Professor

The Colbert Report (a while ago) upset some while making a reference to American sports fans being @#%&!: "In England, you're not even considered a fan until you've been crushed to death against a chain link fence."

Unread 23-04-2007, 10:45 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
The Colbert Report (a while ago) upset some while making a reference to American sports fans being @#%&!: "In England, you're not even considered a fan until you've been crushed to death against a chain link fence."
holy £#%&!, i hope the scouse @#%&!s didnt get wind of that
Closed Thread