United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 23-02-2010, 01:41 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
first you have to make them want to sell. if you carry on going then this funds there business model - that means they don't need to sell

I honestly think you are a glazer plant on this forum . Your on here constantly you never seem to have a bad word to say about em .
Believe what you want although you need to realise petty name calling achieves nothing

Unread 23-02-2010, 01:46 PM
The Mull

All well and good the sentiments.

I've supported/gone to the matches longer than most on here, and to give up my ticket in the hope that a better regime comes to the fore is just a pipe dream, the holier than thou attitude of some, with the I'm an uber Red because I don't go is a joke in my opinion., because they see us that still go as some sort of stooges:shakehead: Have you got green and yellow socks on today? thought not

There are a million and one reasons why people don't go, from finacial to logistical, and as many reasons why people still go, so please don't start slagging us off that still go or I'll come round your house and stand outside in my yellow cardy.over

Unread 23-02-2010, 01:53 PM
El Chalten

when i say don't go, i mean don't renew.

the problem is about 3/4 of our supporters are complete mongs. they would still go if the glazers put 11 monkeys on the pitch.

nft.

Unread 23-02-2010, 01:56 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
when i say don't go, i mean don't renew.

the problem is about 3/4 of our supporters are complete mongs. they would still go if the glazers put 11 monkeys on the pitch.

nft.
let me tell you this

if we fielded 11 monkeys i would pay double

imagine a chimp (not technically a monkey i know) ripping Gerrard arms from their sockets and beating carragher to death with them

i'd definitely want a silverback gorilla at centre half

Unread 23-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
so he likes window fitters. big deal.

Unread 23-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

good to see others joining the call for Harris and his hedge fund/other people's money cronies to flesh out their media campaign

Unread 23-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Spiffy

Let me get this right. People are prepared to continue to support the Glazers because we don't know for certain what the alternatives would be like. That's crazy. Glazer is the single worst thing to happen to our club since it was first established. We have no chance of getting rid of them unless we withdraw their financial support. It's not OK for people to just keep going as that will enable the Glazers to keep asset stripping us. The bottom line is you're either with them or against them, there is no middle ground.
Quote:
This may shock you but the club is not absolute number 1 priority for a lot of people
If that's the case that should make boycotting easier. Please don't complain when your season ticket goes up and Rooney gets sold. We have the chance to do something about it but you're just too £#%&!ing selfish to work with fellow reds to get rid of the clubs cancer. It's a £#%&!ing disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Unread 23-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

your post is, quite frankly, a disgrace

if you weren't such a thick @#%&! i'd wish you dead

Unread 23-02-2010, 02:37 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Let me get this right. People are prepared to continue to support the Glazers because we don't know for certain what the alternatives would be like. That's crazy. Glazer is the single worst thing to happen to our club since it was first established. We have no chance of getting rid of them unless we withdraw their financial support. It's not OK for people to just keep going as that will enable the Glazers to keep asset stripping us. The bottom line is you're either with them or against them, there is no middle ground.

If that's the case that should make boycotting easier. Please don't complain when your season ticket goes up and Rooney gets sold. We have the chance to do something about it but you're just too £#%&!ing selfish to work with fellow reds to get rid of the clubs cancer. It's a £#%&!ing disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourselves.
£#%&! off millie tant

i put my money where my mouth was with regards to buying shares

you are missing the point completely re Harris

i might buy a shirt with your name on it

Unread 23-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

re Harris

this vague idea of acquiring ownership before tackling the debt, or moving the club from being "over-leveraged" to just plain old leveraged seems to have gained good early backing.

but if his main plus point is that he isn't glazer then i'm sorry but that just isn't anywhere near enough.

i want to know a lot more about him, his backers, and their motives and plans. if they intend to eventually allow ownership of united to trickle down to the fans then i suppose that's an honourable and, on the face of it, welcome intention. but do they intend to make zero profit from the venture? and how will they ensure that the shares are shared out? more importantly, what exactly do they envisage as the model for running the football club?

clearly, i'm deeply cynical about his sort. he has only bought one ticket according to his current PR since 2005, yet he'll be at wembley. in the royal box.

he boasts that getting the cash together - all 1 billion pounds plus of it - is the "easy" part. so where was he in 2005 then?

i've not dug too deep as yet, but here's an interesting list of groups that he does business with currently for starters

http://www.seymourpierce.com/pages/clients.php

i don't post this in any way to try and rubbish him. i haven't checked out the available details of all of those dealings. then again, on general principle i'm naturally unimpressed...

redloner?

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:30 PM
rubbernecker

Is this character another Knighton?

I've seen nothing of substance from any of his PR releases.

Surely IMUSA et al should draw up some demands to put before him and the Barron Knights before anyone backs his bid ??

Transparency

Fan representation at board level

Ticketing and pricing strategy are the obvious ares of interest

It would be interesting to hear his/their opinions especially pricing although the cynic in me believes there's probably not much difference in thinking to the Gimps on this issue

I reserve my judgement til I hear something of substance

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Withers

I'm, erm, with Throb on this one.

Unread 24-02-2010, 02:43 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
I'm, erm, with Throb on this one.
Me too.

Unread 24-02-2010, 03:05 PM
redloner

I don't care where Harris is getting the money. I don't care who his backers might be.

If I was being asked to give up an ST I'd want to see a list of commitments to how the club will be run and what the fans can expect.

That is not unreasonable, given the last five years.

I don't know anything about Harris. Far as I know he's a middleman and that's it. I'm keeping a completely open mind until something convinces me to back it, or sack it.

If these people are going to be as fan-friendly as we're being led to believe, they'll have no problem in showing how they are going to achieve that objective.